PDA

View Full Version : What do I need and where can I get it?

g2jap
02-23-2007, 9:14 AM
Ok I decided to build up a mac11 but I dont know what I need. Im guessing I need to get a parts kit from FTF Industries but where can I get a lower for the mac11 I saw one for a mac10 I think but I would like a 9mm. Also Ive looked everywhere and I can not find anything on instructions on how to build it also is it just pieced together or does it require special tools like welding or rivets? Thanks

leelaw
02-23-2007, 9:16 AM
Seeing how you're asking about this in the handgun forum, the answer is "it's illegal."

g2jap
02-23-2007, 9:33 AM
I am only asking this in the handgun forum because i thought it was considered a handgun after reading the other posts in the forum.....and I thought people said they were not illegal? Please clarify for me because I am not up to date like some of your guys here on the laws.

Astig Boy
02-23-2007, 9:56 AM
This "handgun" is not on the California Roster...so you can not purchase one, not even the receiver. If its on the ban list, forget about it. BUT, if you happen to find someone in Cali who has an unlisted one and that is willing to sell...that is your only bet.

There was a Cobray that sold in the forsale section with non-threaded barrels that went for +1000 if I remember correctly..about 5-6 months ago. Good luck finding one, because if one is posted here again, your chances of getting it are 1 in 10,000. :D

g2jap
02-23-2007, 10:19 AM
alright thanks for the info....What if I found someone out of state that had an unlisted one or would it have to be in the state before

leelaw
02-23-2007, 11:45 AM
alright thanks for the info....What if I found someone out of state that had an unlisted one or would it have to be in the state before
Still "no."

cho034442
02-23-2007, 1:18 PM
I feel your pain. For those firearms that I cannot legally own here in CA, I normally go with the airsoft version, at least for now. :(