PDA

View Full Version : anyone have experience with AZEX ak rifles

kmk
02-22-2007, 9:32 PM
just ordered one .,.,.havent heard many testimonials,.,.,.AZEX are an ameri-romy rifle .,.,parkerized.,.,.,.with sythetic furniture.,.,.dont know much else/./:o

ghost
02-22-2007, 9:42 PM
how much are they?who`s the ffl youre going through,let me know.pm me!

PanzerAce
02-22-2007, 9:59 PM
I have heard only good things about the rifles, but due to the actions of a few people on this board, he has stopped dealing with CA people.

rssslvr
02-22-2007, 10:04 PM
AZEX rifles are not as nice as the owner thinks they are.Don't get me wrong they are very nice and the finish is top notch but I have seen home builds that are just as nice or nicer.

kmk
02-22-2007, 10:06 PM
i've heard that guy is crazy .,.,.,glad i'm dealing with cws.,.

ivanimal
02-22-2007, 10:34 PM
I called him after he was banned and spoke to why he was so enraged with Californians. He was as eloquent as he could be telling me if a few people could complain and get him banned he wanted no part of this state. I asked if he thought he had any part in his dismissal and he said no. I recall him acting as a child would and posting inflamatory comments followed by a few look what "I" can own threads showing off some cali illegal rifles. His racist post did not help much either.

Pryde
02-22-2007, 10:46 PM
I say BS that "the actions of a few members" soured him. He came in here acting like a jerk and when someone insulted his poor eggshell ego, he decides that he is too good to do work for us. Not only that, but the man is an admitted white supremacist.

Here are some choice quotes of his off the FALfiles. Do you really want to buy guns from a guy who says this about California residents?

Me: "No more Kali builds, sorry."

"may I ask why?"

"Sure, and I'm happy to tell you, because, as a group, you Kalidiots are whiny, demanding and cheap, you make 40% more in wages then we do and snivel and whine because you get charged extra for a 10rd mag and the work to permanently install it. I'm sick of you guys and don't need your business enough to put up with your bull****."

That state is just full of pussies. I can't describe it any other way.

You get the .gov you endure and they've endured so much that they are mentally beat down and act like they are doing something immoral.

So I'm done with the whole mess.

You wanna see a bunch of whiny, sandy manginas, check out calguns.net

A bigger bunch of hanky soakers there never was.

So arrogant, so demanding, so smug in their Kali-kommie self-supposed superiority, that when they ask you a question, then ask you "why?" and you tell them, straight out, with no paddy-caking, why, that they are all butthurt and start whining some more.

The Entitlement mentality reaches all corners in the PRK, even gun owners apparently.

Although "owners" really isn't accurate, they paid for them and "possess" them, until their masters tell them otherwise.

bwiese
02-22-2007, 10:53 PM
Yeah, his product is good but doesn't overcome the attitude.

[Ariz. Response Systems' T. Mark Graham ("Gunplumber") has a "doesn't suffer fools lightly" attitude too, but nothing like this.]

Derrick (AZEX) essentially turned into a flamebaiting troll spammer.

You'll do just fine with your FAL builds if you talk to Rich Saunders of Century Gun Works ("CGW") in Gardnerville, NV. Great service, beautiful builds, real solid FAL knowledge ....

grammaton76
02-23-2007, 12:50 AM
Yeah, his product is good but doesn't overcome the attitude.

Erm, his FINISH is good. Very good, actually - it's apparently moly-coat over parkerization, which always looks oiled. His rifles also come with excellent synthetic furniture, and the depressions are nicely filled with white stuff so the markings stand out. They're built off of unissued Romanian 'G' kits, purportedly. This does mean chrome lined barrels, like any Romy. They do have a lifetime warranty.

However, the rivet work frequently exposes a gap at the rear of the trigger guard, occasionally there are halos on the rivets, and the magwells don't always fit properly. Except for the magwell, it's all cosmetic, and the magwell issues can be fixed by filing down some on the mag release or filing down some on the mag.

leelaw
02-23-2007, 10:12 AM
He built a Yugo M70AB2 for me and it is absoloutly stunning.

If I can get him to agree, I'll get him to build my Yugo-M70-in-a-box that's been sitting for months.

I think Ivan has seen this Yugo build, he can talk to the quality. Everything fits perfectly, the finish is great, and the rivets are very well done - no halos.

PIRATE14
02-23-2007, 11:13 AM
just ordered one .,.,.havent heard many testimonials,.,.,.AZEX are an ameri-romy rifle .,.,parkerized.,.,.,.with sythetic furniture.,.,.dont know much else/./:o

I deal with him on a weekly basis.....I've been to his manufacturing plant and had lunch with him on several occasions......he's been nothing but a professional.......

You guys know me as a die hard AR guy and we picked AZEX AKs cause they back up what they sell.....we looked at all the AKs on the market...ARSENALs are the best but $$$$.

You pull out an AZEX AK on the range and people will stop and take notice.......:cool:

They also have about 12-14 US parts which leaves room if you want add a commie folding stock for a fixed mag build.

kmk
02-23-2007, 6:26 PM
i dont give 2 ****s about what attitude this clown may or may not have .,.,.,rifle should be here on wed. ,.,.,.,.sounds like i'm gonna like what i see.,.,. feelin confident about the purchase i made sight unseen.,.,., i was bummed when 24 hours after i made my order i saw the century arms ak at dd's ranch for $329.,.,., i'm not hearing flattering thangs about century ak's ,.,.what do you think?

PIRATE14
02-23-2007, 6:34 PM
i dont give 2 ****s about what attitude this clown may or may not have .,.,.,rifle should be here on wed. ,.,.,.,.sounds like i'm gonna like what i see.,.,. feelin confident about the purchase i made sight unseen.,.,., i was bummed when 24 hours after i made my order i saw the century arms ak at dd's ranch for $329.,.,., i'm not hereing flattering thangs about century ak's ,.,.what do you think?

Well comparing a AZEX to a century is like............

comparing a Cady to a vw.......sure they both get you where you want to go but...........;)

PIRATE14
02-23-2007, 6:58 PM
I've heard good things about AZEX. Do you have the link to buy them?

You guys kill me sometimes..........;)

We had about 50, 3 weeks ago, we still have 4 left........:p

We'll get some those super cheap ones again....Century....we sold those so fast....they never made it to the internet or web page.

Got some VECTOR coming too..........

I have no idea why you guys like these things.......bah....

kmk
02-23-2007, 7:43 PM
i heard the cheap ones arent heat treated over the entire reciever.,.,.causeing them to breakdance in your hands when you fire them.,.,.how do the azex's stand up to the originals?.,.,.,i ve had chinese mac90's so , thats my point of reference

kmk
03-29-2007, 9:07 PM
had mine for several weeks .,.,.,it's SICK.,,.,.,nicest ak iv'v ever seen!