PDA

View Full Version : Century AES-10 RPK Clone

K9paulc
02-22-2007, 7:31 PM
I'm contemplating adding one of the Century Arms AES-10 RPK clones. I know Grammaton had said that they looked pretty good, but does anyone acutally have one and have anything to say about it either good or bad???

I havn't noticed a big rush on these, seems no one is really interested and I was just wondering if there's something I don't know before I spend my money on one. Cold War Shooters has them available last rime I checked:

http://www.coldwarshooters.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=25&products_id=264

Q
02-22-2007, 9:40 PM
if you like it buy it!:) i was interested in getting one when they first came out.
this is what i learned about the aes10
it has a carry handle and scope rail which is kinda cool.
it is not a rpk. receiver is not rpk. barrel is skinny not like rpk.
cost is appealing for the rpk look.

i would buy a bulgarian rpk74 kit and a nds8. :cool: or a real romanian rpk kit in good condition or one that is already built.

grammaton76
02-22-2007, 11:46 PM
Well, I own one... I'm willing to let folks test fire it if they're willing to feed it. No reloads, please, but any commercial ammo my range is ok with (i.e. no Wolf, no steel case, no steel core) is fine.

The wood's a little rough when you get 'em, but you can either refinish 'em or get one that's been refinished by CWS (erm, ok, by me) for $50 more. Not going to pull your leg, though, all it is is Minwax red oak stain 2x and polyurethane to add a nice protective coat to it if you select the glossy finish.

Carry handle is detachable, so's the bipod... personally I prefer shooting with both of those detached. Then it's just a long-barrel AK clone with an RPK stock installed.

K9paulc
02-23-2007, 7:12 AM
Thanks for the info guys. If I was near SD i'd have to take up that offer to test fire it.

I know it's just an AK with a long barrel, but it's just so evil looking, that i have to have one. I wish now that I would have picked up an NHM-91 back in the '90's.

soopafly
02-23-2007, 8:39 AM
Century Arms AES-10 RPK clones.

Just an FYI, it's more of an RPK look-a-like than a clone. It has an AKM style reciever, not the thicker RPK style; the front handguard is AKM style, not RPK style; the barrel is a long AKM barrel, not the heavier RPK barrel; the bipod is mounted under the gas piston, not on the muzzle end.
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h59/soopafly_photos/gunz/PICT0944-sm.jpg

K9paulc
02-23-2007, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by K9paulc
I know it's just an AK with a long barrel, but it's just so evil looking

Nice hardware Soopafly!

I've heard that some of these came from Century minus the cleaning rod. Did yours come with one? And Grammaton, do you know if the one's from Hector come with a claning rod?

grammaton76
02-23-2007, 11:29 AM
Nice hardware Soopafly!

I've heard that some of these came from Century minus the cleaning rod. Did yours come with one? And Grammaton, do you know if the one's from Hector come with a claning rod?

Cleaning rod, cleaning kit in the buttstock, leather sling, and an oiler. Comes with everything.