PDA

View Full Version : Oll List

hiyabrad
02-22-2007, 3:39 PM
I am sorry, but I have been searching and searching......Can someone please post the link to the OLL List I saw last week. It was the definitive list and should be a sticky.

Thanks in advance.

thmpr
02-22-2007, 3:51 PM
Mike the man compiled it awhile ago...

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=34397&highlight=xenophobe

hiyabrad
02-22-2007, 4:56 PM
Thanks!

Here is the PDF version

http://home.comcast.net/~bartelt1508/OLL-LIST.pdf

hiyabrad
02-22-2007, 4:56 PM
Now sticky this thread.

grammaton76
02-22-2007, 5:07 PM
No, we have way too many stickies already. What you're looking for there is not an appropriate forum sticky, it's an appropriate wiki or other reference website entry.

I've created an article on what is banned - what isn't banned, is a moving target and subject to constant change.

http://thegunwiki.com/Gunwiki/LegalCaliforniaBannedReceivers

hiyabrad
02-22-2007, 5:17 PM
IMHO, this info is relevant to so many members, it deserves to be referenced at Calguns.net

DIG
02-22-2007, 5:21 PM
IMHO, this info is relevant to so many members, it deserves to be referenced at Calguns.net

+1...

grammaton76
02-22-2007, 5:22 PM

It's already referenced if you use the search function. Forums get far too cluttered when folks get "sticky-happy"... I've seen boards with like 20 stickies for reference notes. Kind of like festooning a monitor with post-it notes (which is what stickies are, essentially).

What WOULD be appropriate, would be folding all the reference posts which people would LIKE to see stickied, into a single sticky, like what I've done in 2nd Amendment with the comprehensive 2007 legislation thread.

Come to think of it, the Off-List Receiver List is more of a legal/political post anyway, in my opinion. If the other mods don't mind, I'll do precisely that, and also fold in JP's FFL types and other reference threads in as well.

bwiese
02-22-2007, 6:48 PM
Brad, I think you're mistaken.

There is no need to know what is not banned, only what *is* banned.

Consult the Kasler list at DOJ website (11 CCR 5499 in Calif Code of Regulations) to know of banned AR/AK variants.

Stay away from those, and anything else is legal.

If you're looking for a certain type for 'cool factor' fine, but let's not clog the board with such trivia - all lowers (w/possible exception of some Vulcans) will build 100% reliable, accurate rifles. New lowers with new names/models are coming out and as far as CA stiff goes, it's pretty irrelevant now other than they're not listed.

Sure, in Jan/Feb or even early March 2006 this was important. It's one year later, and it's not anymore.

OLL stuff has gotten fairly regular now, and is issue free, at least at receiver level, if you stay off the list.

xenophobe
02-22-2007, 7:06 PM
It's already listed in the 2nd Amendment forum under the New Relevations for 2007 thread.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=45423

I haven't updated the list in ages, and since the DOJ's ability to list has been taken away from them, haven't really felt the need as anything not on the Kasler or Roberti-Roos list is free for purchase.

I will update the Off-list list sometime, perhaps maybe even tonight though.

grammaton76
02-22-2007, 7:17 PM
I haven't updated the list in ages, and since the DOJ's ability to list has been taken away from them, haven't really felt the need as anything not on the Kasler or Roberti-Roos list is free for purchase.

I will update the Off-list list sometime, perhaps maybe even tonight though.

If you'd be interested, I'd love to have it as an article on thegunwiki. That'd be pretty easy for you to update in the future, rather than having to host a PDF and upload it and such.

1911_Mitch
02-22-2007, 7:17 PM
Maybe what all these forum boards need is a STICKY SUBFORUM!:D ........:rolleyes:

grammaton76
02-22-2007, 7:30 PM
Maybe what all these forum boards need is a STICKY SUBFORUM!:D ........:rolleyes:

While I'm not a big fan of that, it would be FAR better than what we'd have within six months, if we honored every request for a sticky. :)