PDA

View Full Version : (SOLD) 1992 M101 CDN Jeep Trailer, $950

SoCalXD
11-14-2011, 3:20 PM
http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq215/krakenbound/M101CDN/M101CDN.jpg

SOLD! Post left for future GC Member reference.

Yup, the latest, greatest and LAST Jeep trailer ever made.
Only 2000 of these were made in the USA and then sold to Canada in 1992.

The M101CDN was significantly upgraded from previous jeep trailers including thicker steel, internal tie-downs, rear handholds, and it floats with up to 500lbs loaded! ( So they say... never tried it myself!)
Here is a good overview of the M101CDN at the Jeep Expeditions Portal: http://www.jeepexpeditions.org/equipment_reviews_canadian_m101_m416_trailers.php

I purchased this five years ago locally for significantly more than I'm asking for it. I took it on a few camping trips to the desert, and had intended to build it up into the ultimate adventure trailer, but I never found the motivation to make that happen.

Jeep trailers in stock condition are rare. an M101CDN in stock condition is the rarest. If you have dreamed of adding a matching trailer to your Jeep, FJ or Discovery, it would behoove you to snap this one up. It is the perfect "blank canvas" for your Adventure Trailer dream!

Answers:

Q: What condition is it in?
A: 100% functional. Tires have plenty of tread, the wheel bearing are tight, the manual brake works great, the DOT lighting on a standard 4-pin plug works great. The paint is still mil-spec quality with only light surface rust here and there.

Q: Can I use Jeep/FJ/Disco wheels and tires on it?
A: Yes, but you'll have to get new hubs to match your wheel's bolt pattern. This is a very simple swapout and doesn't cost much for the hubs at your local trailer supply co.

Q: What type of tow hitch can I use for it?
A: Like all military trailers, it has a hefty lunette eye, designed to connect to a pintle hitch. This provides the ultimate in off road capability.

Q: Where do I get a "Pintle Hitch":
A: From me. I have a 15k lb adjustable pintle hitch ready to mount into your 2" receiver. I paid $150 for it over at San Diego Trailer. It is included in my asking price. If you have a 4-pin power plug and a 2" receiver, you're ready to drive this home. If you don't need the hitch, I'll discount my asking price by $50.

Q: Anything else come with the Trailer?
A: Yes. I have a pair of trailer cover bow's made from Schedule-40 that provide that cool military look for your soft cover. I also have an OD Green heavy cotton duct cover, but some of the rivets have torn out, so that would be a project fix for you. I will also include a lunette locking system to keep your trailer from disappearing.

Q: What's the story with title, registration and plates?
A: I have the CA Title and permanent CA Registration in my hand, in my name. The PTI plate is on the trailer. This saves you a MAJOR PITA compared to buying a trailer with no title, reg or plate.

Q: Photos?
A: Sure. Google M101 CDN and look at Images. Mine is just like all the other Camouflage ones out there! If you really need photos, email me.

Q: Trades?
A: Sure. 2000+ Dual Sport motorcycle (650cc), AR10 Upper/Lower/or Complete, Browning Buck Mark Lite.

Q: Price?
A: Yes, $1150 was my asking price last week. Our economy sucks and money is tight for everyone, so I've dropped my price to $950 FIRM

Email or PM me with questions or to setup a meeting.

THANKS FOR LOOKING!

SoCalXD
12-02-2011, 6:49 AM
Morning Bump:eek:, Thanks for looking!

Targets From Us
12-02-2011, 7:53 PM
want this so bad...

FJ40 CRUZR
12-04-2011, 6:32 AM
Great deal here all .... The Bed is good ?

You will regret selling this, these are getting hard to find.

I have a 1951 m100 and these are great all around trailers everyone.

GL with sale.

DiscoBayJoe
12-04-2011, 6:40 AM
If you were closer, this would be mine.

reloadyour9
12-04-2011, 12:36 PM
Of its still available, I'll take it. Pm me. Email and pm sent

SoCalXD
12-05-2011, 8:19 AM
Of its still available, I'll take it. Pm me. Email and pm sent

Pending sale to Reloadyour9 on Wednesday. Feel free to PM continued interest JIC it falls though.
Thanks!