PDA

View Full Version : So. Cal Gunsmiths

neomedic
02-22-2007, 2:11 AM
Does anyone know any gunsmith that will put my Lower Parts Kit together for me while I watch/learn? I called Gun Runners and they need couple of days for turn around time (since they say they do the work on their down time such as when they close, weekends, etc.)

I would like to watch and make sure they use what I bring them and learn as well. For like $25 bucks...i think its worth it to save time and possible headache since I never build one before. I know it should be "easy" but I also have read people having problems and then go figure out what went wrong. I just don't want the headache.

Thanks.

Spdjunkie
02-22-2007, 2:32 AM
Where are you located?
I would think a CalGuns member could probably assist you in your local area, for say.......FREE

randy
02-22-2007, 2:48 AM
I'll watch you do it and keep you going in the right direction if you want. No Charge. I have correct punches, etc.

rod
02-22-2007, 5:15 AM
I'm in San Diego and would be willing to show you how to assemble a lower for free. I already have all the tools.

gn3hz3ku1*
02-22-2007, 6:45 AM
it is so easy.. all you need is a good vice grip and some tape.. i was scared at first too but once u start ull see how easy it is u just have to take the parts out and start.. if now im sure there are plenty of people that can help

The SoCal Gunner
02-22-2007, 7:28 AM
Very easy to do even for beginners. Just check out the guide on arfcom and have some tools (hammer, pliers, and punch set).

superhondaz50
02-22-2007, 7:47 AM
assembling a lower is about the easiest thing you can ever do. Like stated earlier I'm sure there is a willing person in So. cal that wouldnt mind helping you out for free.

ocabj
02-22-2007, 8:06 AM
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=226782

anotherted
02-22-2007, 9:59 AM
Heres the one that I used. Its really not that hard. It took me an hour or two and a few trips to home depot.

https://www.vbd.com/noc/shop/products_category.asp?CategoryID=85

Let me leave you with this: If you have someone else builds your AR for you, part of their soul gets trapped inside your AR forever! Now....do you really want that?:eek:

Matt C
02-22-2007, 10:32 AM
I'll help you as much as you want, you owe me a couple Baja tacos though. I'm in LA.

neomedic
02-22-2007, 10:35 AM
Thanks for all the replies. I am very greatful and will gladly take up someone offer to help me guide to build my first AR. I live in Pasadena area and if anyone is close be...let me know.

My email address is neomedic2003@yahoo.com

I am still waiting a few parts since they are back ordered at Eagle Firearms (one of the cheapest pricest I've seen). But once they come, we can get together. I could bring some beer over too :)

GTKrockeTT
02-22-2007, 10:46 AM
^
beer and guns...can't beat that. :D

saki302
02-22-2007, 12:10 PM
I'm not too far from Glendale- probably 20 mins from Pasadena in light traffic. if I'm not stuck in jury duty next week, I'd help for free, probably some random weekday evening, if you have time. It's maybe a 10 minute job if you work slow and careful :D

-Dave