PDA

View Full Version : Wish we can do this for calguns.net folks

formerTexan
02-21-2007, 9:14 PM
From http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=15&t=258903
http://www.rainierarms.com/img/temp/wa-1.jpg

If we can get a few dealers to stock a "calguns.net" lower made by Mega, would that make it a "true" OLL?

whatdyisit
02-21-2007, 9:27 PM
I would be in for at least 1

1911_Mitch
02-21-2007, 9:37 PM
I'd be down for one, depending upon the final logo and serial number designations.

gunrun45
02-21-2007, 9:37 PM
If they were from a middle ground maker like Superior arms and a portion of the sale went to specifically further the 2nd ammendment rights of CA residents I would buy 3 or 4!

James R.
02-21-2007, 9:38 PM
I'd be down for one, depending upon the final logo and serial number designations.

Likewise...

Regards,

James R.

Prc329
02-21-2007, 9:40 PM
I would definitely ad one to my collection just for the hell of it.

bwiese
02-21-2007, 9:42 PM
Sure, we could have a Merrilees-Rossi lower for general sale to folks.

I put Merrilees first because she's apparently running Rossi around by the nose, with Rossi biding his time til retirement, nursing that bum hip/leg...

SemiAutoSam
02-21-2007, 9:45 PM
Ill take 2 of this design with CGN on the side or a few of the LOCKY design.

Who else want a locky lower ?

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j184/mag-lock/DOJAR15-1.jpg

thedrickel
02-21-2007, 9:50 PM
I like the serial # on the locky, we should start the serial #'s at 40 or 60k to reflect the # of lowers that have preceded it into the state. I would go for either the state seal or just an outline of the state like on the ARFCOM WA lower.

gn3hz3ku1*
02-21-2007, 10:05 PM
id get it! but with the 2nd amendment label somewhere in there

Biff...
02-21-2007, 10:05 PM
Count me in for 1

PistolPete75
02-21-2007, 10:07 PM
count me in!

RainierArms
02-21-2007, 10:25 PM
We have an exclusive agreement with MEGA to run these State Specific lowers. I'm sure we can figure something out for CA as well. The big problem right now is the wait. To do these WA lowers, we were on the back burner for 2 YEARS. Yes, you heard me correctly, not months but years. But things are getting a little better down there.

I will do my best to push something with MEGA.

Biff...
02-21-2007, 10:35 PM
We have an exclusive agreement with MEGA to run these State Specific lowers. I'm sure we can figure something out for CA as well. The big problem right now is the wait. To do these WA lowers, we were on the back burner for 2 YEARS. Yes, you heard me correctly, not months but years. But things are getting a little better down there.

Very cool, well you at least have some pre orders with the people that have posted so far. maybe we can prepay for the lowers if that helps.

LECTRIKHED
02-21-2007, 11:02 PM
I'll buy one. It should say something like:
FUDOJ-15.
40,000 + 1
Calguns.net

Kestryll
02-21-2007, 11:43 PM
There has been at least one person looking in to Calguns logo'ed lowers, I'll have to see if there has been any progress yet.

toolman9000
02-21-2007, 11:57 PM
Even though I have decided not to buy any more lowers... I would buy one, just because, talk about a piece of California history!

+1

I would be willing to prepay, I bet we could get this done for a run of 100 really easy.

-toolman9000

The SoCal Gunner
02-22-2007, 12:36 AM
I would probably pick up a few just for the hell of it also even though I have still have 2 stripped lowers and 1 complete lower half still sitting around.

grammaton76
02-22-2007, 2:49 AM
What the heck... yeah, I'd take one. Gotta round my AR lower total back up to 10, since I gave my mom a Stag...

m1371
02-22-2007, 5:19 AM
It is already being looked into folks.... Patience! :D

rkt88edmo
02-22-2007, 8:24 AM
Tom Sawyer Manufacturing also does custom marked lowers

xrMike
02-22-2007, 8:40 AM
I'll buy one. It should say something like:
FUDOJ-15

I love that -- all serial numbers should be prefaced with:

FUDOJ-nnnn

where nnnn is the actual serial number.

Great idea, but do they come in black? I'm not too keen on that silver look... ;)

Unfazed
02-22-2007, 8:55 AM
Tom Sawyer Manufacturing also does custom marked lowers

Tom Sawyer Mfg was sold off to Orion Arms awhile back. Orion is still engraving custom lowers if you're interested. I couldn't be happier with my custom jolly roger lower i got from TSM at the beginning of last year. The quality is outstanding.

Biff...
02-22-2007, 12:34 PM
I got in contact with Ryan, over at Orion arms and he said he would have no problems doing the California Lower. Only thing I didn't like is that he has to put all the marking on the right site of the mag well.

shark92651
02-22-2007, 12:38 PM
I love the SHTF selector setting :D

Sydwaiz
02-22-2007, 12:57 PM
I'd take one. ARFCOM or CALGUNS or both!

Instead of SHTF, I want it to say "Wishfull Thinking" or "Dream On" or something to that effect.

PanzerAce
02-22-2007, 1:22 PM
Damn....I really dont need another lower, but I would probably buy one.

grammaton76
02-22-2007, 1:24 PM
I want one of those parley/arr/plunder marked lowers. :p

1norcalvarmintHunter
02-22-2007, 1:28 PM
Im in!

Nefarious
02-22-2007, 1:36 PM
what the heck... another lower cant hurt

Rumpled
02-22-2007, 1:45 PM
About a year ago, didn't Tom Sawyer refuse to touch CA OLL's? Or, am I remembering incorrectly?
I'd be in for one, preferring CG over ARF.

brighamr
02-22-2007, 1:55 PM
Maybe we could start a poll to get an idea of how many people would want what engravings? Personally, I want the FUDOJxxxx serial, with the Felony selector and the State seal, in black of course.

Unfazed
02-22-2007, 2:14 PM
I want one of those parley/arr/plunder marked lowers. :p

Thats the model i had him make. With "Dead men tell no tales" on the other side, the jolly roger, and the pirate sword on front.

SunriseF150
02-22-2007, 2:16 PM
I think the "FUDOJ-15" was intended to be the model # and the "40,000 + 1" was intended to be the serial number.

I'd be in for probably 2.

I'm down for either the ARFCOM or CALGUNS logo/name. But I would probably say go with CALGUNS if we are going to set this up for here.

Maybe the model # as
CALGUNS-15

I like the state seal logo, and the state outline logo.

Maybe even the 2nd ammendment engraved on the right side of the magwel. That would be sick.

CA SHOOTER
02-22-2007, 3:10 PM
I'd be down for one too of the calguns variety .

Ken4
02-22-2007, 3:36 PM
I'd go for the Calguns logo. Put me down for one.

azndmd
02-22-2007, 4:08 PM
definitely interested!! Someone suggested Superior Arms...I've had good luck with them!:D

legalweasel
02-22-2007, 4:40 PM
Count me in for one!

DIG
02-22-2007, 4:54 PM
Maybe we could start a poll to get an idea of how many people would want what engravings? Personally, I want the FUDOJxxxx serial, with the Felony selector and the State seal, in black of course.

sweet.

How about an "Iggy" DOJ Special-Edition.

Lauer does engraving too but there is a looooong wait.

MrLogan
02-22-2007, 5:08 PM
Put me down for one. I would love to own one marked FUDOJ. :D

hoffmang
02-22-2007, 5:11 PM
I need 3. One for me, one for Alison, one for Iggy.

-Gene

Q
02-22-2007, 5:20 PM
i get one especially if it supports this website. :)

762cavalier
02-22-2007, 5:20 PM
I'd take one with either the calguns logo or the state seal.(prefer the calguns logo)

aileron
02-22-2007, 8:49 PM
yea... im in if you do it.

marxdspot
02-22-2007, 8:53 PM
+1 here! Proud to display some cali pride!

Hunter
02-22-2007, 9:07 PM

I'm assuming by your signature you are or are part of RainerArms? Last summer/fall I called RainerArms looking for AR items. At that time, I was told that I could buy anything for the AR EXCEPT OLLs from RainerArms. To quote: "We don't want any part of the CA OLL business". So what made you guys change your stance?

veeklog
02-22-2007, 9:14 PM
I'm down for one, even though I have three lowers ( two AR's and one AK) I need to finsih

redneckshootist
02-22-2007, 9:17 PM
I'd be down for one even though I've still got two AR15 and a AR10 project already started but not finnished

tankerman
02-22-2007, 9:22 PM
Calguns , IGGY model. I'd buy a few, maybe a caricature or signature. That would make me very happy

Hopi
02-22-2007, 9:27 PM
I'm assuming by your signature you are or are part of RainerArms? Last summer/fall I called RainerArms looking for AR items. At that time, I was told that I could buy anything for the AR EXCEPT OLLs from RainerArms. To quote: "We don't want any part of the CA OLL business". So what made you guys change your stance?

They saw the money.....I called them on that when i saw them first post here at calguns some many months ago, I couldn't believe the nerve.

Who can really blame them though, there with us now to take our money. No reason to fight the good fight untill it's already been won by the good guys...I guess.

DedEye
02-22-2007, 9:45 PM
I'd get at least one :).

LECTRIKHED
02-22-2007, 10:20 PM
They saw the money.....I called them on that when i saw them first post here at calguns some many months ago, I couldn't believe the nerve.

Who can really blame them though, there with us now to take our money. No reason to fight the good fight untill it's already been won by the good guys...I guess.

As long as they're on our side now I'm happy. It would have been nice if they were originally. Maybe not everyone is as daring. A lot of people incorrectly think California is crazy, but if they change their mind I'm cool with it.

I think we're all indebted to DDS ranch and Cold War Shooters.

rssslvr
02-22-2007, 10:26 PM
I think we're all indebted to DDS ranch and Cold War Shooters.

Can't forget 10%

HUTCH 7.62
02-22-2007, 10:27 PM
I would be game for one if it went to helping 2nd admendment rights in california.

Tweak338
02-22-2007, 10:50 PM
I wouldnt mind a Calguns logo'd lower with the bear on the rite side of the mag well

Safe - Fire - SHTF as markings?

*edited* SHTF sounds cooler.. and i wasnt thinking when i posted :P

Stanky626
02-22-2007, 11:40 PM
I like the SHTF on the first OLL. :p I'd take one of each.

dotchoy
02-23-2007, 7:44 AM
I'm in.

tenpercentfirearms
02-23-2007, 8:59 AM
As a gun dealer, I wouldn't want anything in the "auto" area as it just adds a risk of the DOJ confiscating them from me and then taking forever to get them back. I would suggest staying away from anything that could infuriate the DOJ. FFLs might not want to take the risk of having something that could make them a target.

The riskiest I would want to get is have the model number be SB-23 and then just have either the calguns logo or an outline of the state with calguns at the top.

jmlivingston
02-23-2007, 9:18 AM
As a gun dealer, I wouldn't want anything in the "auto" area as it just adds a risk of the DOJ confiscating them from me and then taking forever to get them back. I would suggest staying away from anything that could infuriate the DOJ. FFLs might not want to take the risk of having something that could make them a target.

Oh please, you don't know what you're talkin' about Wes! :rolleyes: One of these day's maybe you'll get those confiscated lowers back, my bet is on TWO WEEKS,BABY!

John

rawb
02-23-2007, 9:31 AM
Count me in.

Add a portion of the proceeds to support this site.

....we would be using the name...
How lame would it be to have a lower for a shut down website!

Sydwaiz
02-23-2007, 9:32 AM
My FFL won't transfer anything with engraving in the auto position either. As neat as it would be, it's just not wise and I don't blame him.

The calguns logo might be a bit much and you probably won't get all the detail out of it. I like what 10% said, outline of the state with Calguns at the top.

Meaneng
02-23-2007, 9:47 AM
Gotta have at least 1.

ivorykid
02-23-2007, 9:51 AM
I don't need anymore lowers... but I definitely want one of these! Count me in.

tenpercentfirearms
02-23-2007, 9:57 AM
I already have Kestrylls permission to use calguns on things and I voluntarilly brought up that I would give $10 of any lower proceed to calguns. We will see what we can drum up.

Rascal
02-23-2007, 10:12 AM
Look at the picture of the DOJ label. A Calguns logo WILL work just fine.
I vote for the Calguns label. I'm another one of those don't really need another one, but would i buy one of these, Hell yes! :D

Biff...
02-23-2007, 10:44 AM
Well if we are doing this, might at well give it to a vendor that supports Calguns.

JPN6336
02-23-2007, 10:45 AM
I think one of these would be good for a featureless build.

Sydwaiz
02-23-2007, 12:03 PM
That DOJ label looks photoshoped. We need to realize the more complex the engraving, the longer it takes, the more it will cost.

If we do go with Calguns, leave off the dot net.

whatdyisit
02-23-2007, 3:32 PM
The DOJ label is photoshoped.

I agree with Wes on leaving the auto position clear. I dont want any of my rifles taken from me for any reason.

And whats up with all this "I dont need another lower". Thats like saying I dont need to breath anymore because I have 2 lungs full of air. You can ALWAYS use another lower, and you guys know it.

AxonGap
02-23-2007, 5:08 PM
The DOJ label is photoshoped.

I agree with Wes on leaving the auto position clear. I dont want any of my rifles taken from me for any reason.

And whats up with all this "I dont need another lower". Thats like saying I dont need to breath anymore because I have 2 lungs full of air. You can ALWAYS use another lower, and you guys know it.

Yes, it is indeed photoshopped. I did it over a year ago when someone posted a receiver w/ a Mattel logo stamped on it as well as one w/ a Hello Kitty holding an AK. I did a whole series of them, one w/ a Smurf and another was an E.V.I.L-15 w/ a pentagram stamped on the receiver.

What do you all think of this one? It's a bit heavy on the CALGUNS part, I like the idea of the bear. PM me if you want me to modify it (I don't want to hijack this thread).

762cavalier
02-23-2007, 5:27 PM
Axongap I really like the Cali bear logo. I would like a lower like that one. Only problem is you have the safe and fire positions reversed.:p And I would like to see SHTF instead of fire;)

tenpercentfirearms
02-23-2007, 8:19 PM
I do like that bear logo too. That might be a winner.

What do you guys think of model number SB-23? I rather like it.

I personally wouldn't want a SHTF on my guns because I don't want to have to explain it to my kids, when I have some. I want to have classy lowers.

Now, the next question for all of you is I am thinking of having a Ten Percent Firearms lower made. What should my logo be? If it wasn't so stinking gay, I would have a scooter emblem on it! TPF-15. :D

SemiAutoSam
02-23-2007, 8:23 PM
I think one of the questions would be how intricate can the engraving be ?

What process will be used to engrave the lowers ?

The answers to these questions would let us know what the emblem could consist of.

jmlivingston
02-23-2007, 8:28 PM
Now, the next question for all of you is I am thinking of having a Ten Percent Firearms lower made. What should my logo be? If it wasn't so stinking gay, I would have a scooter emblem on it! TPF-15. :D

No, you should do a custom lower in .308 and call it the TPF-10. In your suggestion above the "T for Ten" and the "-15" don't go well together; unless you start raising your rates! I do agree that the scooter emblem would be a poor choice. Can I get mine in bright yellow? :p

John

ldivinag
02-23-2007, 8:44 PM
Tom Sawyer Mfg was sold off to Orion Arms awhile back. Orion is still engraving custom lowers if you're interested. I couldn't be happier with my custom jolly roger lower i got from TSM at the beginning of last year. The quality is outstanding.

hmmmm.... i emailed TSM before and was told they dont deal with KALIF... :(

ldivinag
02-23-2007, 8:45 PM
oh, if this DOES happen...

i want 2: one in pink and the other in black... lol...

Q
02-23-2007, 8:49 PM
i like axongaps design. the bear and the star. cg-15?:)

m1371
02-23-2007, 9:41 PM
So from skimming through this thread, looks like there are three choices for model designation.

CA-15
SB-23
CG-15

Are there any other suggestions or thoughts for a model designation?

Looking for feedback folks. :)

1919A4
02-23-2007, 9:53 PM
I like the bear logo also, but it must have the SHTF in the fire position. I will go for 2 of them just for SHTF in the fire position.

Axongap I really like the Cali bear logo. I would like a lower like that one. Only problem is you have the safe and fire positions reversed.:p And I would like to see SHTF instead of fire;)

rassd71
02-23-2007, 10:09 PM
Wow, you can count me in for at least one and maybe more depending on the final price, design and my finances at the time.

I like the bear logo. I also like it being a Calguns-15, and love the idea of the serial number being 40,000 +1 etc.

If possible, I also like the safe / SHTF safety switch, and agree it's not worth giving them an excuse to mess with the FFL's that are willing to help us!

And would also love to see the 2nd on the right hand side.

As for the engraving, is it machined or laser engraved?

AfricanHunter
02-23-2007, 11:14 PM
I would take one with the Cal Bear on it.

Go Bears!

MysteryCereal
02-23-2007, 11:15 PM
I wouldn't mind having one at all. Having SHTF on it would be pretty bad *** too. Just tell the kids the S stands for Stuff. By the time they are old enough to figure it out, they would have already learned that word. I would rather have it in the AUTO spot just because of the fact that most of us are trying to ride the edge of the law, why not push it further. But if it becomes an issue of FFL's not touching it, I'd understand. I would really love to see the DOJ file a lawsuit against me for having SHTF engraved in the AUTO spot. I'd love to see them try to explain in court how the engraving allows me to fire rapidly from the hip, without taking aim, and never having to reload. But this is Kalifornia....

PS: How much would it cost to get stuff engraved on my existing RRA lower. As much as I'd love to have a cool engraved lower, I'm a name brand whore and it wouldn't match with the rest of my rifle :-(

m1371
02-23-2007, 11:19 PM
I like the bear logo also, but it must have the SHTF in the fire position. I will go for 2 of them just for SHTF in the fire position.

Dude, I'll use your post to clarify this point for everyone. It's not slamming on you or anything.

Putting any markings where the "auto" setting would be is opening up a BIG can of worms with the DOJ. Everyone who was around in Dec'05 should remember there were a batch of receivers that were marked this way that DOJ jumped all over. For the newer folks who don't know what the heck I am talking about, a little searching and reading should clarify things a bit.

These lowers will NOT be manufactured with ANYTHING other than "safe" or "fire" markings on them. Doing otherwise puts any FFL who handles them in a precarious position and I don't think we want to do that.

It's nice to think about having a "shtf" setting but let's all be realistic about this project.

As I've had someone tell me earlier, "you don't taunt the beast". Simply having a CalGuns AR is going to be enough.

rassd71
02-24-2007, 7:56 AM
I was obviously absent during the issues in '05, and I can see where having an engraving in three positions might be an issue, so having nothing in the 'full' location makes sense to me. But does that mean that we can't have 'safe/shtf'?

Not trying to be argumentitive, just looking to clarify. I would still love at least one, especially if it goes to support this forum and dealers that are working with us to defend the 2nd here in California specifically.

HUTCH 7.62
02-24-2007, 2:03 PM
[QUOTE=AxonGap]Yes, it is indeed photoshopped. I did it over a year ago when someone posted a receiver w/ a Mattel logo stamped on it as well as one w/ a Hello Kitty holding an AK. I did a whole series of them, one w/ a Smurf and another was an E.V.I.L-15 w/ a pentagram stamped on the receiver.

What do you all think of this one? It's a bit heavy on the CALGUNS part, I like the idea of the bear. PM me if you want me to modify it (I don't want to hijack this thread).

Awsome below Cal Guns it should say OFFLIST-40k+

AxonGap
02-24-2007, 2:23 PM
Only problem is you have the safe and fire positions reversed.:p And I would like to see SHTF instead of fire;)

Exactly!;)

|-007-|
02-24-2007, 4:30 PM
That arfcom lower is awesome. I'd be interested in getting a lower kinda like that, especially if it's a Mega.

hi_desert
02-24-2007, 8:37 PM
Gotta pipe up with my first post on this one. If it ever materializes count me in for the bear with model "CA-15". That would make a killer first build!

AfricanHunter
02-24-2007, 9:06 PM
Personally, I would rather just have Safe/Fire but if everyone wants SHTF I would go with the flow.

SemiAutoSam
02-24-2007, 9:10 PM
In that respect I would be OK with a 1=fire and a 0=safe somewhat like the HK lower group.

Personally, I would rather just have Safe/Fire but if everyone wants SHTF I would go with the flow.

triaged
02-25-2007, 5:44 AM
If this happens I'll take 1. I like the bear logo!

I want the cal. on mine marked 458 SOCOM :)

Franksremote
02-25-2007, 10:20 AM
+1 on the Bear logo. It'll match my CalGuns shirt ;) Count me in for one, time for an OLL to join the registered stuff. :D

AxonGap
02-25-2007, 11:53 PM

Sounds like the California State bear/star is a winner. Does anyone have any info as to what company would engrave such a logo? Mega makes an awesome product, if they are willing to work directly w/ peaple inside Ca. that is. As for the design, the template for it is rather simple and was adopted from an older Ca state flag (circa 1910-1920??). Also, I don't mind a SHTF at the 3rd position, my only hesitation is I would rather avoid being LEO bate from it.

DedEye
02-26-2007, 3:35 AM
Sounds like the California State bear/star is a winner. Does anyone have any info as to what company would engrave such a logo? Mega makes an awesome product, if they are willing to work directly w/ peaple inside Ca. that is. As for the design, the template for it is rather simple and was adopted from an older Ca state flag (circa 1910-1920??). Also, I don't mind a SHTF at the 3rd position, my only hesitation is I would rather avoid being LEO bate from it.

I like this design best as well, and would absolutely buy one, and very likely more. However, in the same vein as this idea, and building on the "SHTF" selector position, maybe we should try and find someone to make a Zombie OLL with a nice picture of our undead friends as the logo (the SHTF position just makes more sense in that context in my mind). Also, if anyone ever asks why you need your OLL, you just point to the picture of the Zed head on your rifle and smile ;).

RossRinSD
02-26-2007, 4:08 PM
I'm in for one, whatever the decision...

but, what does SHTF mean??

SemiAutoSam
02-26-2007, 4:14 PM
Stuff Hit's The Fan. is a nice way of saying what it means.

and then there is TEOTWAWKI

I'm in for one, whatever the decision...

but, what does SHTF mean??

RossRinSD
02-26-2007, 4:59 PM
and then there is TEOTWAWKI

Amazing what you can find on wikipedia...

Has anybody started the ball rolling on this receiver yet??

gmcem50
02-26-2007, 6:12 PM
I bought a stripped lower as part of a group buy last fall, that was organized in another state. In the selector area, it is marked 'SAFE', 'SEMI', & 'SHTF' in the expected locations. I had it shipped to my local FFL and he had no problems with it.:cool:

biglou_71
02-27-2007, 12:29 AM
I'm in for one. :)

das27
02-27-2007, 2:52 AM
I would buy one or two with the star & cal bear, calguns, cal-15; with the fire and safe where they should be (for safety reasons)... However, what ever is most popular is fine with me too.

AxonGap
02-27-2007, 9:05 AM
Here's an update featuring the HK Fire & Safety icons.

RossRinSD
02-27-2007, 10:09 PM
I want one of those parley/arrrr/plunder marked lowers. :p

and I'm cool with that, too. Something different!

Centurion_D
02-28-2007, 3:47 PM
Here's an update featuring the HK Fire & Safety icons.

Dude! There you go!! Where do I sign up for one. :D :D :D