PDA

View Full Version : I just bought my AKS-74U kit!

Solidsnake87
02-20-2007, 11:27 PM
Ok, I just bought a Matching numbers AKS-74U kit off of gunbroker for $650. Not a bad deal considering the only other place to get these kits is K-Var for $700+. Also, unlike K-var, it comes with a 30 round mag. Before you all gripe about this, I'm having it shipped to a buddy in Nevada so that he can mod the mag to 10 for me when I come to pic it up. I'm hella excited. This is my dream AK!!!! I plan on doing a gripless CA build with this rifle. Since the barrel is 8 inches I will permanently fix a fake suppressor to it. I will also drill a small hole through the back of the rear receiver trunnion in order to place a small threadded screw through it and secure the screw with a nut. This will allow me to keep the functionality of the stock when I leave CA but also keep it fixed when I'm in CA. Lastly, the 30 rounder will be limited to 10.

I'll post pics of parts when they arrive!

m1371
02-21-2007, 1:07 AM
Ok, I just bought a Matching numbers AKS-74U kit off of gunbroker for $650. Not a bad deal considering the only other place to get these kits is K-Var for $700+. Also, unlike K-var, it comes with a 30 round mag. Before you all gripe about this, I'm having it shipped to a buddy in Nevada so that he can mod the mag to 10 for me when I come to pic it up. I'm hella excited. This is my dream AK!!!! I plan on doing a gripless CA build with this rifle. Since the barrel is 8 inches I will permanently fix a fake suppressor to it. I will also drill a small hole through the back of the rear receiver trunnion in order to place a small threadded screw through it and secure the screw with a nut. This will allow me to keep the functionality of the stock when I leave CA but also keep it fixed when I'm in CA. Lastly, the 30 rounder will be limited to 10.

I'll post pics of parts when they arrive!

Is this you? http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=66283892

I was eyeing that auction, kinda wondering how high it would go.

Been debating on doing an AK build. What receiver are you going to use for this?

Q
02-21-2007, 2:40 AM
nice kit! they sell the 16in barrels also but it's quite expensive. probably cheaper to build with a fake extension. if i had the funds i would go with this it's 762,chromelined,and scope rail. i got a another project in mind but this one looks nice also. http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/programming/expand.asp?Prodid=198

1911 Pimp
02-21-2007, 3:59 AM
Sweet kit.

adamsreeftank
02-21-2007, 4:37 AM
Cool.

That bolts never fired a round.

Solidsnake87
02-21-2007, 8:05 AM
Is this you? http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=66283892

I was eyeing that auction, kinda wondering how high it would go.

Been debating on doing an AK build. What receiver are you going to use for this?

Yup thats me. I'll use the Nodakspud side folder receiver.

I figured it would be cheaper to build one rather than buy one. All the semi auto versions i've seen were $1400-1600. I figure the parts abd receiver will run me $800 after all fees. Then the trigger guard assembly will be $20. I already have enough left over rivets. All I need to do is make another rivet tool and buy a pop rivet set for the handguard. I'll have my barrel removed at a machine shop for $25. Roughly $900 for the ultimate scatter gun!!