PDA

View Full Version : Need help with my sks

pewpewguns
02-20-2007, 9:42 PM
So I can't get my sks into working condition since I swapped out the stocks.

Whenever I assemble the rifle back together the magazine just falls out. Also, When I charge the rifle, and pull the trigger it's just dead. Is there a function test I can perform on the trigger assembly to see if its broken? or does it need to be in the rifle with the magazine? I'm starting to hate this thing, Used to be one of my favorite rifles.

moulton
02-20-2007, 9:51 PM
sksboards.com ;) they will be able to help you out

WokMaster1
02-20-2007, 10:23 PM
sksboards.com ;) they will be able to help you out

Moulton, I thought you are the resident guru here for SKS.:)

metalhead357
02-20-2007, 11:12 PM
Some of the set ups I've seen require a spring under the trigger group usually there's a little hole for it to reside in behind & under the trigger guard.

What kind of stock? And if you say Ramline....I'm gonna scream:p

bobothebigdog
02-20-2007, 11:30 PM
What kind of stock? When reassembling did you rock the mag assembly into its support in the main assembly? Doesn't sound like the trigger assembly is in all the way either.

pewpewguns
02-20-2007, 11:36 PM
It's an ATI monte carlo, I'm noticing that my old wooden stock has a spring down there and this one doesn't.. however its near the butt stock and can't possibly affect the magazine..

I've taken it apart and reassembled it a dozen times so I don't know whats going on.

Also the Trig assembly snaps in each time I put it together... and the mag promptly drops out of the rifle.

metalhead357
02-20-2007, 11:59 PM
It's an ATI monte carlo, I'm noticing that my old wooden stock has a spring down there and this one doesn't..

Use your Old spring in the new stock; its common for the newer ones not to have them...if the trigger group is in tight then the magwell should then also be;)

pewpewguns
02-21-2007, 12:02 AM
I got the mag fitted in snug this time around... Everything functions (bolt catch etc) However the trigger assembly still isn't functioning... I don't know what part of it isn't doing its job but when I charge it and pull that trigger nothing happens..

How can I make that hammer fall?

(when I pull the trigger it just moves back without tension, however safety still functions.)

metalhead357
02-21-2007, 12:13 AM
Is the trigger group tensioned in? As in- is it able to 'pop up' when you release it from the stock? My first guess is that its not snaped down all the way............

too late for me to think about gun(s0 not in my hands; will continue this tomoorw if ya' dont figure it out or someone else doent come by and answer conclusively.......... good luck

pewpewguns
02-21-2007, 12:13 AM
I read a guide on disassembling the sks again and it mentions that you should charge the bolt before removing the components... I might not have done this... Is there a way to get my trigger assembly back into "cocked mode" or what?

pewpewguns
02-21-2007, 12:14 AM
Is the trigger group tensioned in? As in- is it able to 'pop up' when you release it from the stock? My first guess is that its not snaped down all the way............

too late for me to think about gun(s0 not in my hands; will continue this tomoorw if ya' dont figure it out or someone else doent come by and answer conclusively.......... good luck

Yeah It's snapped in tight... Every things squared away except that nothing happens when I pull the trigger

railroader
02-21-2007, 5:28 AM
http://www.sksboards.com/smf/index.php?PHPSESSID=425241899f9fedd16a99290cc13b95 64&board=8.0
Ask here. Mark

K9paulc
02-21-2007, 6:55 AM
the hammer needs to be in the cocked position. next time you dissasemble the rifle, rack the rifle, then proceed to take apart. this will leave the trigger group in the cocked an ready position wich is also necessary for re-assembly. I'm guessing this is your issue, the hammer is dropped and when you put the bolt carrier assembly back in, your putting it over the dropped hammer, wich is why you get nothing when pulling your trigger. Just reset the hammer manually, then install your bolt group.

pewpewguns
02-21-2007, 9:08 AM
I'll let you know If I can get it working as soon as I get back from class today.

I tried resetting the hammer manually but it only moved a little bit, Maybe I need to force harder than I was