PDA

View Full Version : AK Rivet Kits

colin1
02-20-2007, 8:49 PM
I know this has been covered before but who makes a good rivet kit for AKs. I'm using NDS-3 recievers and Romi kits, I have built them before but always used nuts and bolts which is ugly. So this time I thought I would build some the right way. Thanks in ahead.

PLINK
02-20-2007, 9:38 PM
AK-builder rivits are highly recommended by most AK builders.

http://www.ak-builder.com/ak/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=21

jumbopanda
02-20-2007, 10:03 PM
Yes those are great. Although on my latest build I used some rivets that I got from mcmaster carr for $7/lb (250 rivets). They work just as well as anything else out there. Unfortunately, they do not offer the long rivets, at least not in the same diameter as standard AK rivets (5/32").

grammaton76
02-20-2007, 10:10 PM
I definitely advise the ak-builder ones. If any guys show up at my place for an AK build with Tapco rivets, I make them buy ak-builder rivets off of me or my tools aren't touching their kits. There's lots of guys out there who want to save themselves $3 on a set of rivets, but the harder steel damages your tooling over time.

rssslvr
02-20-2007, 10:24 PM
I definitely advise the ak-builder ones. If any guys show up at my place for an AK build with Tapco rivets, I make them buy ak-builder rivets off of me or my tools aren't touching their kits. There's lots of guys out there who want to save themselves $3 on a set of rivets, but the harder steel damages your tooling over time.

I'm comming down and am going to do 20 builds with Tapco rivets on your tools:p

grammaton76
02-20-2007, 10:40 PM
I'm comming down and am going to do 20 builds with Tapco rivets on your tools:p

What's that? You're going to build it with the hammer and punch alone? Sure, if you want to... those're the only tools that're gonna touch those rivets. :)

rssslvr
02-20-2007, 10:44 PM
What's that? You're going to build it with the hammer and punch alone? Sure, if you want to... those're the only tools that're gonna touch those rivets. :)

:) Tapco rivets are the best and you know it.lol

JHC
02-21-2007, 4:22 AM
I like the Akbuilder rivits for everything except the rear trunion, I get better results from the tapcos. I use a big hammer and it doesn't mind the harder steel.