PDA

View Full Version : Magpul M93B stock available anywhere?

ChuckG
02-20-2007, 3:02 PM
Aparently they have been discontinued and every major Internet retailer I have checked is sold out.

I am looking for a black model to hold me over til the UBR stock is released. Has anyone seen one a M93B in any of your local shops recently?

It looks like am about 6 mos behind the power curve on this one.

xenophobe
02-20-2007, 3:11 PM
Check arfcom's equipment exchange, and post a WTB there too.

Technically the M93B has been discontinued for over a year, but they kept making runs... they did one run of Flat Dark Earth after they said they wouldn't make any more last time, then they did another run in Black.

They're still making the strike plate, and they'll be making rubber buttpads for the M93B, and I wouldn't be surprised if one or two more runs of the M93B managed to sneak through before the UBR is released.

ChuckG
02-20-2007, 3:21 PM
Thanks.. I'll try that.

I was not aware that there were additional units made after they were discontinued. That must be why I've seen people picking them up just 6 mos ago.

Technical Ted
02-20-2007, 3:28 PM
How about Bravo Company?
http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/AR15-Stocks-s/49.htm

ChuckG
02-20-2007, 3:41 PM
Thx.. I had checked them initially. Like a lot of the better places they will tell you they are unavailable when you actually go to add them to your cart. Other places will let you go ahead an order the out of stock item. And i've called most of them to verify that they were in fact out.

So I was hoping, that by chance someone might have seen some in a local store while they were shoping around recently.. and / or have additonal suggestions on someplace to look.

shark92651
02-20-2007, 4:36 PM
Aparently they have been discontinued and every major Internet retailer I have checked is sold out.

I am looking for a black model to hold me over til the UBR stock is released. Has anyone seen one a M93B in any of your local shops recently?

It looks like am about 6 mos behind the power curve on this one.

You may want to hold off as I hear the UBR will be available in April, assuming they do not have additional production issues cropping up. Personally, I think the UBR looks a LOT nicer than the M93B and fits the style of the rifle much better.

http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=287481&page=17

MustangO4
02-20-2007, 4:48 PM
I hope this doesn't come off like trying to pitch my stuff, outside the sales area without the prerequisite # of posts, but here it is. If you mods think I'm outta line, feel free to pull this with no hard feelings. If you can't find one, and don't mind used, shoot me an email. I have a tan one that I painted sitting in my safe. I am thinking of getting a u-15 and the sale of this would be what it takes to push me over the top. It is in good shape but the wrong color, nothing krylon won't fix. It worked well for me, but I am trying to get everything detachable mag style. If you want it bad enough to just order me the U-15, I'll throw in the matching Magpul grip for a straight trade.

Here's how it looks right now(beer not included):
http://www.hunt101.com/img/447524.JPG

ChuckG
02-20-2007, 5:12 PM
I hope this doesn't come off like trying to pitch my stuff, outside the sales area without the prerequisite # of posts, but here it is. If you mods think I'm outta line, feel free to pull this with no hard feelings. If you can't find one, and don't mind used, shoot me an email. I have a tan one that I painted sitting in my safe. I am thinking of getting a u-15 and the sale of this would be what it takes to push me over the top. It is in good shape but the wrong color, nothing krylon won't fix. It worked well for me, but I am trying to get everything detachable mag style. If you want it bad enough to just order me the U-15, I'll throw in the matching Magpul grip for a straight trade.

I've found tan and green ones new in the box.. but I am reluctant to paint.
If it was for a working weapon I might not care if it was painted or not. But this is a new build / range queen that will hopefuly never become a working weapon. Thanks for the offer..

On a side note.. I probably need to read up more on the non-detachable magazine bullet button configuration. But it seems to me if that if the non detachable magaxine configuration is viable.. it makes the non standard stocks even less desirable than they were before. If you dont mind me asking... Why isn't the bullet button an option for you?

GTKrockeTT
02-20-2007, 5:16 PM
http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=246

rainier arms, one of the good guys. free shipping too.

mltrading
02-20-2007, 5:22 PM
Check EE board of ARFCOM. From time to time, some M93B will pop out. Good luck!:)

MustangO4
02-20-2007, 5:24 PM
Mainly because I have lots of old 30 round mags I run in my SU-16 that miss their AR. I ordered a bullet button just for the ease of clearing jams, but now reading more, I am under the impression that WE are under the impression that it is okay to use it to reload a fresh 10 round mag after removing it with a tool. So, yes I am teetering back and forth, but I'll try not to start this hijack too bad. Thanks for the response-John

ChuckG
02-20-2007, 6:10 PM
The side discussion is probably a more legitimate topic than something I probably should have posted in the "wanted to buy" section.

Really though.. And you might be more aware of what is allowed than I am. But I thought you couldnt use magazines holding greater than 10 rds capacity in any rifle that was not already a registered assult weapon.

Which brings me to a serious question.. Without the pistol grip and other evil features, could someone legally use a 100 round drum magazine on an OLL?

MustangO4
02-20-2007, 8:42 PM
My understanding is if the MAGS are pre ban you are okay in a non AW(su-16, OLL with u-15, MM grip etc. Then again this is just the way I understand it, there are much smarter guys here than I.