PDA

View Full Version : PW9108L / SA WWII 1911 in bay area stores?

trashman
02-20-2007, 11:54 AM
So I'm going to buy one of the Springfield GI/WWII 1911's to round out my 1911 collection, and I'm wondering if you Bay Area calgunners know of any good local deals on this pistol. I'm trying to support the local shops and stay off gunbroker. (I also periodically make it into the Central Valley)

I'm kicking myself for not picking up a used series 70 when I lived in Virginia several years ago. To think...I was all excited about factory ejection port improvements, mainspring housing, sights....HAD to have the "loaded" 1911 instead.

And now -- if you want a hi-wall (i.e., reasonably faithful 1911 from the 50s era) ejection port, no forward slide serrations, mil-sights, non-series 80 trigger.....you're pretty much limited to the SA WWII 1911. God only knows what a used Series 70 Colt would go for in California.....

Anyway -- if you've seen one somewhere and thought the price was noteworthy...let me know.

thanks & cheers,
Neill

kalibear
02-20-2007, 1:34 PM
Reeds Sport Shop often have those semi-annual Springfield sales. Rob Leatham is doing a demo at their indoor range on 3/10 maybe they'll have a sale then. Good luck with your search!

Sugarfoot47
02-20-2007, 1:45 PM
I had a Remington Rand that had a re-parkerized finish that I let go in '93 for 350 dollars. Following year I bought a 1971 production Colt Series 70 that is box stock for 400 dollars. Still got it as I didn't want to make the same mistake twice. I've seen the Colts floating around occasionally at the gunshows for around 800 dollars and up depending on condition.

trashman
02-20-2007, 2:11 PM
Reeds Sport Shop often have those semi-annual Springfield sales. Rob Leatham is doing a demo at their indoor range on 3/10 maybe they'll have a sale then. Good luck with your search!

Wow -- thanks for the heads-up on the Leatham demo....also on the semi-annual sale possibility....

cheers,
Neill