PDA

View Full Version : Sac Valley Shoot Day Report

Rugerdaddy
02-19-2007, 8:40 PM
Quite a few guys made it to Sac Valley, and there were quite a few OLLs there. I think the OLLs and other military style rifles outnumbered the target/hunting types. Most guys took turns shooting each other's rifles, and shootin' the s**t. Lots of interesting stories and ideas.

The calgunners I know were there, were myself, Bobothebigdog, Altahick, Vepr62, 762cavalier, and Toolbox X. Speedtribe was there early, but had to leave about 12:30. I know there were others-I met some of them, but I don't remember all the user names. Sorry. :o There had to be at least a dozen of us. Maybe you could post here to let us know.

I was annoyed when I got a round jammed between the magazine and the feed ramp- took me about 5 minutes to unjam, but Bobothebigdog won the prize for best jam of the day when he got a round jammed (somehow) between the TOP of the bolt carrier and the inside of the upper. I didn't think there was enough space there for a round to fit, but Bobo's studying mechanical engineering, so I guess he knew how to get an impossible jam accomplished better than the rest of us. Several of us tried to help, but to no avail until Toolbox X saved the day. He got it out somehow.

Toolbox X was showing off his U-15, and justifiably so. It looks and feels very high quality, and those of us who got to shoot it were impressed. It really feels good in the hands. I liked it before Saturday, and now I like it a lot. I'll just have to build another OLL rifle to put it on. Oh, damn. :)

Altahick was disappointed there were no parachutists- and he brought so much ammo for nothing. :rolleyes:

I got to fire my first AK-47! I like it. :D Vepr62 had his there, and other cool rifles. Thanks Vepr62

I hope we can do it again in a month or so. If you couldn't make it, maybe next time.

bobothebigdog
02-19-2007, 10:04 PM
It was a very nice day. Lots and lots of OLL's. That jam was incredible. Right between the bolt and the charging handle. How we got it out was a combination of me bending the round with a pair of needle nose pliers and then Toolbox caming the bolt so the round had enough room to pass. We should organize another shoot in a couple months. Hopefully by then I'll have some glass on my AR. Good Times

PLINK
02-19-2007, 10:12 PM
I was there too. Rugerdaddy let me fire his M44 which was cool. Thanks again.

I agree we should do that again some time soon.

Vepr62
02-19-2007, 10:38 PM
It took me the rest of the day to clean all those rifles. Lucky me I didn't have time to shoot my pistols. And now I can proudly expose my right side black/purple shoulder after firing 30 rounds through M-39 (Fin. Mosin). See you all next time. If you weren't there, try to make it next time. It was a lot of fun.
Vasiliy

adamsreeftank
02-20-2007, 3:46 AM
I've always wanted to check that place out. Maybe someone could start a mailing list for the next get together.

762cavalier
02-20-2007, 4:16 PM
I was there also and had a decent time. Met Grant and his U-15 ( I want one now and have to figure out how to sneak it past SWMBO). Would love to do another get together soon but maybe a better way to identify us calguns members that are there..:D

HeHateMe
02-20-2007, 4:45 PM
Altahick was disappointed there were no parachutists- and he brought so much ammo for nothing.

You guys shot at Sac Valley or Yolo Sportsmen's Association? YSA is the one with the skydiver landing field next to the 100yard range. Oh, maybe you were expecting some Red Dawn action.

Toolbox X
02-20-2007, 4:50 PM
That was a fun shoot. We should definately get some Calguns hats or something to identify outselves. Maybe next time I'll bring some nametags.

ViPER395
02-20-2007, 4:54 PM
That was a fun shoot. We should definately get some Calguns hats or something to identify outselves. Maybe next time I'll bring some nametags.

"Hello, my name is RUGERDADDY"

lol

Rugerdaddy
02-20-2007, 7:48 PM
I was there too. Rugerdaddy let me fire his M44 which was cool. Thanks again.

I agree we should do that again some time soon.

Right, Plink. Sorry, I knew you shot the Mosin, but I had forgotten your user name. By the way, were the doctors able to reattach the shoulder? :D

Rugerdaddy
02-20-2007, 7:52 PM
"Hello, my name is RUGERDADDY"

lol

LOL, too. Hey, and I'll wear one of those red clown noses, so everyone can spot me easily. Just remember it's a nose......not a target. :eek: