PDA

View Full Version : RRA 2 stage trigger

anotherted
02-18-2007, 10:00 PM
Who works on these. I havent taken it to the range yet (tomorrow:D :D ), but in dry firing my AR, the second stage feels pretty heavy. Id like to have someone correct this for me.

Thanks

Ted

SuperSet
02-18-2007, 10:32 PM
Hey Ted,
Not sure I can be of much help but I'm using one of these 2-stage triggers. Mine feels like glass breaking when hammer time comes. Not sure what could be wrong but if you're in the Bay area, I'd be happy to let you compare yours to mine if it helps. Let me know.

megavolt121
02-18-2007, 10:47 PM
Who works on these. I havent taken it to the range yet (tomorrow:D :D ), but in dry firing my AR, the second stage feels pretty heavy. Id like to have someone correct this for me.

Thanks

Ted

Ted,

Try this: Remove your Grip and Safety and than try the trigger again. If it is smooth as a baby's butt after removing your safety, you'll know its the safety and not your trigger. I had an issue with the safety rubbing on on my NM triggers. A few minutes w/ the dremmel and the problem was solved.

xenophobe
02-18-2007, 11:36 PM
I've noticed some of the springs that come with the RRA 2-stage triggers are identical to their standard LPK spring, so yes, it will feel heavier. Take a pair of needlenose and bend one of the spring tabs upwards a few mm. That will relieve some spring tension and make it lighter. Yes, it is a mickey mouse way to do it, but it works.

NSR500
02-18-2007, 11:52 PM
I had the same issue with the safety and had to use my dremel as well. Otherwise, the trigger has been great.

anotherted
02-19-2007, 6:33 PM
took it to the range today. Man that trigger sucks. Somethings got to be wrong.

Dont Tread on Me
02-19-2007, 6:40 PM
took it to the range today. Man that trigger sucks. Somethings got to be wrong.

Got to agree with that. My RRA trigger is a dream. RRA have really good customer service. There is also a RRA subforum on AR15.com. Their staff reply to things posted there.

kj
02-19-2007, 9:06 PM
The best guy for that job is John Holliger at http://www.whiteoakprecision.com/index.htm
Turns out great rifles and I think he only charges $30 for the RRA trigger tune.

Fatcat
02-19-2007, 9:10 PM
+1 for John Holliger's RRA trigger. He also builds an awesome, mean upper.

anotherted
02-19-2007, 9:56 PM
I just emailed him. Thanks.

Jicko
02-20-2007, 3:33 AM
Go check your "safety selector" first, as mentioned above, remove it and try it again...

I've got got a couple of "safety selectors", I ended up have to switch one of them out cuz it make my RRA 2-stage *sticks*....

BTW, where did you get your RRA 2-stage? (is it really a RRA 2-stage?)

anotherted
02-20-2007, 9:21 AM
I checked the safety selector. It really diddnt make any difference. Im thinking i got a lemon. It is a real RRA 2 stage. I got the lower parts kit from CWS.