PDA

View Full Version : Chabot Tac Rifle Results 2/18/07 - emails required

Dont Tread on Me
02-18-2007, 6:40 PM
Thanks to all for making today's match fun and safe!

I left sign in sheet with the email addresses at the range. Please e-mail me your name and address at failuredrill "the at sign" gmail <dot> com.

Bolt2Bounce
02-18-2007, 8:32 PM
yeah it was a fun shoot and it was nice to meet some new shooters, and burn some powder. Thanks for getting it together for us at CGC ca_brit_05 :D I'll be over more often now that I know where the place is. B2B

WOLFPACK117
02-18-2007, 10:13 PM
Good shooting and will do it again. And thanks for the guys for buying my EOtech and Bipod. Leupold still available.

SuperSet
02-18-2007, 10:42 PM
Hey 'Lemme Hear Your War Cry' ca_brit_05,
Dude, thanks so much for hosting the event today. Considering that was my first event ever, you guys really made me feel welcome. Can't wait till the next event! - Phong

megavolt121
02-18-2007, 10:43 PM
Good shooting and will do it again. And thanks for the guys for buying my EOtech and Bipod. Leupold still available.

Thanks for pulling my cart too early and too fast, ya jerk :p

Dont Tread on Me
02-18-2007, 11:02 PM
Keep the e-mails coming in. I've finished the results but will send them out in the morning after I've double checked them. If you shot in the limited division (i.e. fixed mag/bolt) let me know. I only have three. Two from my squad (SKS and .223 bolt) and M.Sage.

Back to working on my war cry. I've not perfected the art of shooting straight while screaming yet:-)

M. Sage
02-19-2007, 7:31 AM
Email away.

guimus
02-19-2007, 8:58 PM
Thanks again for organizing. Looks like I did better than I thought, which is great considering my mag issues and general ineptness. I'll be seeing y'all in two months, I think.

kaneda
02-20-2007, 10:36 PM
results? haven't gotten them yet and I sent an email to ca brit. anxious to see how I did.

Dont Tread on Me
02-21-2007, 5:56 AM
Please just send me your e-mail and name again. I might have lost you in the cut and paste - sorry about that.

AlohaM4
02-21-2007, 12:48 PM
Yo Ca Brit you rock! That's the fastest I have ever gotten my match scores.
Thanks for hosting, I know it's a lot of work.
Thanks
Your buddy with the Elcan:D

WOLFPACK117
02-21-2007, 9:46 PM
Megavolt121,

You just need to move a little bit faster and finger on the trigger. Good shooting buddy. Take care

wolfpack117

megavolt121
02-21-2007, 9:51 PM
Megavolt121,

You just need to move a little bit faster and finger on the trigger. Good shooting buddy. Take care

wolfpack117

I'm just giving you a hard time :D I actually got 2 Alphas on that super fast cart so I can't complain. However, I am pissed that those steel targets didn't fall. I wasted a lot of valuable time trying to knock down the targets to find out later that they were tilted forward so it would have been almost impossible to knock down.

WOLFPACK117
02-21-2007, 10:03 PM
Just messing with you. Save some cash and buy yourself an M1A Socom or Scout (7.62x51 is a wonderful thing)or Bring some good ammo and i'll let you use my M1A NM next time.

Bolt2Bounce
02-22-2007, 6:29 AM
I had no trouble knocking down those steel Pepper poppers :D
7.62 Millimeter Full Metal Jacket" when ya absolutely need the bad guy dead. M14's are the ticket punchers. B2B

megavolt121
02-22-2007, 1:53 PM
Just messing with you. Save some cash and buy yourself an M1A Socom or Scout (7.62x51 is a wonderful thing)or Bring some good ammo and i'll let you use my M1A NM next time.

Thanks for the offer Wolfpack. I might take you up on it sometime, just so I can blow one of the targets off the stand like you did.

Caseless
02-22-2007, 8:15 PM
Yo Ca Brit you rock! That's the fastest I have ever gotten my match scores.
Thanks for hosting, I know it's a lot of work.
Thanks
Your buddy with the Elcan:D

Was that an Elcan Specter? How did it perform on Stage 1. aka. Hallway scenario?

SuperSet
02-22-2007, 8:25 PM
I saw someone's ELCAN sitting in the case but didn't get a chance to look at it. Definitely wanted to at least take a peek at what $1500 buys you. I bet it's good.

Anyone know what rigs the Top 3 finishers in the SemiAuto division were shooting? I'd be curious to find out.

Bolt2Bounce
02-22-2007, 9:25 PM
I know one of them was a M14 Armcorp receiver W/ USGI parts open sights... prodly built by me! "scopes we don't need no stinking scopes". ( ie. can't afford one right now). I had first place in sight but made a clown -:p of myself on stage 4. I failed the failure drill....:rolleyes: LOL B2B

AlohaM4
02-22-2007, 10:50 PM
I saw someone's ELCAN sitting in the case but didn't get a chance to look at it. Definitely wanted to at least take a peek at what $1500 buys you. I bet it's good.

Anyone know what rigs the Top 3 finishers in the SemiAuto division were shooting? I'd be curious to find out.

I finished 3rd with the Elcan DR. I know Bolt2bounce kicked butt and finished 2nd with no scope, big up to the good shooting. It was my first time out with the Elcan so I need more trigger time with it. I can tell you it has a way bigger and clearer field of view than my Aimpoint M2 with 3X quick flip samson set up.
Good turn out, yall show definitely show up for the 3 gun on March 4 even more fun!, unfortunately I'm working.:(

SuperSet
02-22-2007, 11:00 PM
Very cool dude. Thanks for bringing that to the match. Anyone know who the first place shooter is and what he used?

Dont Tread on Me
02-23-2007, 9:48 AM
I finished 3rd with the Elcan DR.

That sight just rocks! You are going to fly at a standard rifle match.

AlohaM4
02-23-2007, 6:43 PM
That sight just rocks! You are going to fly at a standard rifle match.
Thanks Ca Brit! Obviously you have more faith in me than I do:D

Bolt2Bounce
02-25-2007, 9:42 PM
So who had that $50 tank sight on his AR- that was very cool. I'd like to get that set up, on a scout rifle and hear some feed back on how well it worked during the shoot. I guess he was using it as a magnifier. I'd love to order one of those. So post where I can buy one.:D B2B

grywlfbg
02-25-2007, 11:33 PM
So who had that $50 tank sight on his AR- that was very cool. I'd like to get that set up, on a scout rifle and hear some feed back on how well it worked during the shoot. I guess he was using it as a magnifier. I'd love to order one of those. So post where I can buy one.:D B2B

That was me (4th place). I was using an EOTech 512 w/ a 2.5x magnified Panzerfaust III optic. I bought mine from here:

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/SCP097-48365-1452.html

but they're out of stock. Here's the arfcom thread where I found out about it which lists a few alternate sources:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=307329

And the mount from here:

http://www.1337tactical.com - it's the "Aimpoint High Mount"

It worked great for the $50 I put into it. But the eye relief is TERRIBLE (~.5"). I whacked myself in the glasses a few times when I was prone. Rocket launchers are recoilless so I guess they didn't need to worry about that ;)

But the optic is very clear (It's a Hensoldt) and it's working for what I bought it for (being able to shoot out to 200yards for the BARC coming up). This setup is really just a stop-gap while waiting on the EOTech 4x magnifier to come out (though now I'm thinking about an Elcan Specter DR :D ). So my magnifier setup may be available for sale in a few months.

Here's my rifle:

http://www.one-ring.net/pics/mmgrip.jpg

Bolt2Bounce
02-26-2007, 7:10 PM
yeah That is a cool set up. I'd like to shoot it next time. Eye relief should not be a big prob with an AR 223 but it might be with a lite weight rifle. I'd add weight to the stock (lead and heavy it up. and or see if you could find a rubber eye piece like the Russian put on their scopes to keep your eye at the same place every time. That Alcan joe had was the shiet.... but I don't have like $12- 1500 extra in dough to spring one loose. If I did I'd just get an ACOG first, red Cheveron mod. I guess I'll just have to stick to open sights and second place.... :( B2B

P.s.
So who do I talk to about setting up a stage for tac Rifle?

JamesY
02-27-2007, 12:18 PM
Very cool dude. Thanks for bringing that to the match. Anyone know who the first place shooter is and what he used?

That was me. I was using my EoTech 552.

rocketboy
02-27-2007, 12:32 PM
That was me. I was using my EoTech 552.

Bout time you started kicking some arse!!!! ;)

M. Sage
02-27-2007, 7:16 PM
P.s.
So who do I talk to about setting up a stage for tac Rifle?

Generally, if you show up a bit early and talk to Scott, the man usually running tacrifle, he'll let you go to town.