PDA

View Full Version : first time going to Jackson range in ssf

kmk
02-18-2007, 6:22 PM
is it in ssf? whatever you know which range i'm talkin about.,.,.never been there b4.,.,.bringing my oll.,.,.,.how friendly are they ?

bwiese
02-18-2007, 6:45 PM
They are very nice people. Just be safe, not pushy and you'll have a great time.

The new range on Utah street is very nice. I believe lanes 1-3 are the only lanes for rifle calibers (i.e., 223).

Ken4
02-19-2007, 4:05 PM
They are very nice people. Just be safe, not pushy and you'll have a great time.

The new range on Utah street is very nice. I believe lanes 1-3 are the only lanes for rifle calibers (i.e., 223).

That is good to hear. I go there every week since I work just a mile from there. Let me know whenever you're going to be there and I can plan to meet up with you. :D

By the way, did you bring your OLL rifle there to shoot? And did you have to use a bipod or did you use something else to prop up the rifle?

bwiese
02-19-2007, 5:28 PM
That is good to hear. I go there every week since I work just a mile from there. Let me know whenever you're going to be there and I can plan to meet up with you. :D

Love to, usu short notice and not online when I head up, but I'm sure we'll run into each other...

By the way, did you bring your OLL rifle there to shoot?

I have not built up my OLL receivers since I have 7 ARs reg'd as AWs with maximum evilness.

And did you have to use a bipod or did you use something else to prop up the rifle?

I was debugging cycling/parts swapand red dot optics and was not concerned about 'benchresting' as that's a short range anyways.

bonjing
02-19-2007, 7:36 PM
your good to shoot the oll's there. unfortunatly there are only three rifle lanes as bwiese pointed out, and it is fist come first serve. please make sure that your oll is configured properly. remember no steal core ammo, if it sticks to our magnet, be ready to lose one round to testing.

kmk
02-19-2007, 7:55 PM
went today and brought my oll.,.,.,.,they inspected it and had no questions.,.,.,.,except which red dot i'm using.,.,.,great place to go to zero in sights .,.,to bad thers no rest to fire from .,.,.,also no racks for rifles.,.,.had a great time.,.,.,zero'd in my ATN ultra sight.,.,.i could tAKE out the elbow of the guy in the hostage target from 40-50 yards..,,,

bwiese
02-19-2007, 7:59 PM
i could tAKE out the elbow of the guy in the hostage target from 40-50 yards..,,,

How do you get 50 yards out of a 25yd range?

bonjing
02-19-2007, 8:02 PM
you just went because it's ladies night huh :p

bonjing
02-19-2007, 8:03 PM
ohh, also you can ask to rent the rest, not to many people use it because the benches are to high.

kmk
02-19-2007, 8:04 PM
i thought it was deeper than that.,.,.,you seem tobe the expert.,.,.,please let me reiterate.,..,i was taking out hostage taker body parts one at a time from 25 yards

hoffmang
02-19-2007, 8:05 PM
One note is that one needs to be careful at Jackson as the bench has done some deparkerizing of one of my railed uppers. Maybe bring a towel to insulate your guns from the steel plate.

-Gene

kmk
02-19-2007, 8:05 PM
once i got the rest i would want a stool also.,.,.next it would be a blanky and a pillow, a story ,etc.,.

hoffmang
02-19-2007, 8:17 PM
It's Hitchhikers Guide. Don't forget your towel.

-Gene

rips31
02-20-2007, 12:35 PM
went saturday. borrowed a rug from pablo and let the woman rest the magwell on top of my pistol case w/the rug on it. she stands ~5'2", so it was the perfect height for her. at 25yd, i think she put 8/10 in an 8" shoot-n-see target and the other 2 were not far off on the paper.

only bad thing was that when we left, she held both the bay and outer door open to get the rifle case out. we got yelled at by one of the r.o.'s, but since the rifle bay was empty, pablo just sorta shrugged when the other guy yelled at us.

bonjing
02-20-2007, 4:41 PM
ha ha you got yelled at. :p

24_minutes_to_1000
02-20-2007, 4:52 PM
once i got the rest i would want a stool also.,.,.next it would be a blanky and a pillow, a story ,etc.,.

It's difficult to discern tone from the written page, but it almost seems as if you're disparaging a blanky, pillow and a story at the range, the very features that I look forward to most when shooting.

I also really like the milk and cookies portion of the day, which I assume you do also, having not mentioned it.

Parag
02-20-2007, 7:55 PM
Do not dis the happy fun blanky.

-- Parag

Rogue187
02-20-2007, 8:07 PM
The blanky is your best friend..
No one will know the truth about it..