PDA

View Full Version : So let me ask this???

permanent_45
02-18-2007, 4:00 PM
So I want to buy a new Glock sometime soon. i know that the one I want is good to go until 12/31/07. On the list that is. So after 12/31/07 does the gun need the mag disconnect and the loaded chamber indicator in order to be re-certified? Or does glock just need to pay for recert with now new safety's? 12/31/07 being the day it would fall off the list.

James R.
02-18-2007, 4:08 PM
So I want to buy a new Glock sometime soon. i know that the one I want is good to go until 12/31/07. On the list that is. So after 12/31/07 does the gun need the mag disconnect and the loaded chamber indicator in order to be re-certified? Or does glock just need to pay for recert with now new safety's? 12/31/07 being the day it would fall off the list.

Depends on what Brown does I think. Generally they would just pay the fee and be done with it. But he could request recertification of all firearms on the list at which point from what I've been told over the counter at the gunstore (so take it with a grain of salt) they would be subject to those new requirements.

Regards,

James R.

Sam Hainn
02-18-2007, 4:10 PM

Models on the list by 1/1/07 only need to recertify. Only new models released after 1/1/07 need both and for going forward. Some had to have either one or the other of mag disconnect or loaded indicator after 1/1/06 < i think that was the first date - coulda been something in 2005 > . But if Glock does a new round or new design, that gun would need both the loaded chamber indicator and mag dsiconnect. But if booted from the list for failing or they don't relist and try to relist later, I wonder if the retest makes them have the 2 features. I am not sure if the G24 was ever on the list <maybe when the list first came out?> but I wonder if they'll have to go by the loaded indicator & mag disconnect rule if they were to bring it back.

naimad
02-18-2007, 4:13 PM
Ive been wondering the same thing i have heard it could go either way:confused:

permanent_45
02-19-2007, 6:56 AM
Thanks for the help. Sounds like I will be ok. I just keep getting different story every time I ask. I think I will just pick this up before I work on my OLLs.

Kali_M14
02-19-2007, 4:40 PM
I am going to error on the side of caution and say that they are probably going to say that after they expire in 07 the manufacturers must have both to re cert. I'm not waiting to find out which is it

permanent_45
02-22-2007, 6:53 PM
I am going to error on the side of caution and say that they are probably going to say that after they expire in 07 the manufacturers must have both to re cert. I'm not waiting to find out which is it

Same here. I dont want to kick myself in the A@# for not picking it up now.

grammaton76
02-22-2007, 6:55 PM

I'm pretty sure they can't do that, actually. But they can demand re-testing every year, of up to 10% of the handguns on the list. I believe the manufacturer will have to pay for the testing costs each time, and if there's ever a failure, the handgun in question will be removed from the list permanently.

I fully expect that the DOJ will start using this means to try and shorten the list in the future, or at the very least harrass the manufacturers into not renewing.

Librarian
02-22-2007, 7:10 PM
Here we go again....

Guns on the list, in the ordinary course of events, DO NOT RE-CERTIFY. They are NOT re-tested. So long as they stay on the list, the guns may be sold as they were/are at the time they were added to the list.

Manufacturers pay the annual fee, the guns stay on the list, nothing changes.