PDA

View Full Version : Climatologists chime in please...winter 2011-2012

OHOD
11-03-2011, 3:58 PM
Considering that 2010-2011 winter was extreme and snow stayed on the ground well into summer, I got to wondering what this winter is going to be like.

Most of the blogs and climate pundits are saying we will have another extreme winter but not in the same areas as last winter.

So, what do you know?
What do you think, anticipate, expect or fear?

I personally think there will be a repeat of last winter.

mrkubota
11-03-2011, 4:08 PM
Farmer's Almanac is predicting below average rainfall, but normal temps for the west/southwest... They've been spot on the last few years.

http://www.farmersalmanac.com/weather/2011/08/29/2012-us-winter-forecast/

TimRB
11-03-2011, 4:12 PM
I'm glad you asked. I am an expert on climatology. This winter will be much worse than last year. Maybe not.

Tim

HIG541
11-03-2011, 4:36 PM
i'm hoping rain and lots of it

REPR
11-03-2011, 9:24 PM
Lot's of rain would be nice. Wouldn't mind a good hunting season next year. Already been getting mighty chilly around these parts at night to. In fact we're do for some snow showers tonight according to the weather channel. Nothing serious but still might have some ice in the morning. Sort of hoping for a good dusting though, was thinking a quail/rabbit hunt tomorrow morning might be in order.

Midian
11-03-2011, 9:28 PM
Consult the solar/lunar weather model from Piers Corbyn

www.weatheraction.com

Obviously a Plant
11-03-2011, 9:31 PM
You a skier?
Many great piles of Gore-Tex, skis, Subarus & kittens were burned to bring our last year of plenty...
What can you offer the Gods of Winter?

Saym14
11-03-2011, 10:44 PM
since global warming is upon us I beleive it wil be colder and wetter than hell this winter. that will prove global warming is true. Al Gore said so.

REPR
11-04-2011, 12:13 AM
You a skier?
Many great piles of Gore-Tex, skis, Subarus & kittens were burned to bring our last year of plenty...
What can you offer the Gods of Winter?

This year we're adding vegans ;) I expect freezers full of meats to come of this, lol.

650bail
11-04-2011, 12:19 AM
since global warming is upon us I beleive it wil be colder and wetter than hell this winter. that will prove global warming is true. Al Gore said so.

hahahahahahahahaha

GrizzlyGuy
11-04-2011, 9:49 AM
I personally think there will be a repeat of last winter.

To which I say...

http://www.grizzlyguy.com/Skiing/Tahoe-Donner-Powder-Skiing/OnLiftTongueOut01/1127641421_Ssa4z-L.jpg

Twas an epic ski year and I'm looking forward to more of the same! :)

xrMike
11-04-2011, 10:26 AM
Sure is late in coming this year. We've had very mild temps here on the central coast, this far into November.

Dr Pete
11-04-2011, 11:09 AM
I predict if there isn't a bird crapping on your head and it's getting wet............................................... ..

It MIGHT be raining?

BTW, I R N X P R T :)

Kid Stanislaus
11-04-2011, 11:31 AM
Sure is late in coming this year. We've had very mild temps here on the central coast, this far into November.

Check in with the folks in New England!!:eek:

xrMike
11-04-2011, 1:28 PM
Check in with the folks in New England!!:eek:I know, heheh. I have a co-worker in New Hampshire who got slammed by the recent heavy snow there. Knocked the power out in his entire town for a couple days. He was IM'ing me from the town library because that was the only public building with power and internet.

He said that storm was particularly potent because it came so early. Most of the trees still had leaves on them. With lots of leaves to collect on, the snow accumulated heavier than usual, resulting in more downed limbs and power lines.