PDA

View Full Version : Turners Orange 11/2/11

WDE91
11-02-2011, 8:32 PM
Today I went into Turners to buy a holster
I bring the pistol in and they have a manager check it out and then we go over to the holster aisle

I pick out the holster I want
Blackhawk Serpa
success it fits

I poke around the store a little bit before going to pay

When I get to the register I notice an issue
$48 huh I dont remember it being that much
So I ask the cashier if we could go check
when we are walking back, the manager that helped me asks if there was an issue
We all get down to the product aisle and check it out
$32

He says no problem
We walk back up and he punches in some code and its get rung up at the $32 price

Thank you
Customer service is what wins customers

O ya, does the information that gets recorded about the guns get destroyed?
I can understand the reasoning of it, but the idea is well not something I welcome :cool:

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-03-2011, 7:55 AM
...O ya, does the information that gets recorded about the guns get destroyed?
I can understand the reasoning of it, but the idea is well not something I welcome :cool:

We are not recording serial numbers- just your name and description of what you brought in- and yes it's meant to be shredded once you're done. Our LP Director will follow up on this.

WDE91
11-03-2011, 8:17 AM
Umm are you sure...?? :confused:
Manager holds pistol,locates serial#,verbally repeats to cashier,cashier writes down
Two people have now recorded the serial number of the pistol
cashier=hand written+verbal
manager=visual+verbal
writing something down on paper is the ultimate definition of a record
My description info was on a long sheet with others

I wouldnt mind if the system was done something like this
come in,Manager checks pistol,Managers proceeds to write info on a small postitnote,each individual gets their own postitnote
cashier holds onto postitnote
when you check out,you ask or get handed your postitnote, and you get to run the info through the shredder
shredder is conveniently located below cash register on the customer side on the floor
customer knows the info has been destroyed :cool2:
that is something that they cannot verify in the current system :cool:

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-03-2011, 9:00 AM
Umm are you sure...?? ...

We just talked with the folks in the store and we'll have them back on track. We've changed how they do this based on feedback from CGN but since it is still a relatively new process (reversing 20+ years of process) there's been some backsliding into old habits.

We'll have our LP Director and Store Sales/Mgmt Director take a look during store visits to ensure that it's done right and we'll cover it at our monthly manger's meeting.

As always, thanks for the feedback; all of our customers serve as that extra set of eyes and ears to let us know how we're doing- we appreciate it.

WDE91
11-03-2011, 11:06 AM
Glad to hear that and glad I could be of help
Thank you