PDA

View Full Version : Bullet Button and U-15 Stock, CA legal...

jp.cherokee
02-18-2007, 9:18 AM
Hi all,
Well I installed my bullet button yesterday, and it works great... I should be getting my U-15 stock tomorrow... With those two items installed and no other EVIL features... Should I be paranoid about taking it out to the range? What could I get hasseled for???
Long Live the OLL..........................

MonsterMan
02-18-2007, 9:47 AM
Hi all,
Well I installed my bullet button yesterday, and it works great... I should be getting my U-15 stock tomorrow... With those two items installed and no other EVIL features... Should I be paranoid about taking it out to the range? What could I get hasseled for???
Long Live the OLL..........................

Why in the world would you put a bullet button on a rifle that had a U-15 stock and no evil features?

The whole point of going with the U-15 or no evil features is to allow the quick removal of your mags without having to worry about some silly tool.

MM

luvtolean
02-18-2007, 9:58 AM
Sounds to me like you are paranoid. ;)

Like MM said, either put every evil feature you own on the weapon with your Bullet Button, or take them all off, put in the standard mag release, and bolt on the U-15.:)

Uberdummy
02-18-2007, 10:20 AM
Yeah.. if you used 10+ capacity mags you would be creating an AW anyway with the maglock. Just put that regular button back on.:)

jp.cherokee
02-18-2007, 11:07 AM
I'm just an old fart with a lot to lose, I guess I am paranoid. It is no big deal with the bullet button, it is quick to operate. I will not be shooting in any competitions or anything. Sure a lot easier than loading from the top. Thanks for the replys. Hey Monster Man, when are your grips going to mbe ready? I have another OLL waiting for one...

hoffmang
02-18-2007, 11:12 AM
If you use the U-15 you don't need to load from the top. Without spending a lot of time dissecting your situation, you are really actually exposing yourself to more potential confusion by using both instead of using one or the other.

-Gene

Socal858
02-18-2007, 12:03 PM
you dont need the BB. ill buy it off of you, i need another :)

jp.cherokee
02-18-2007, 1:53 PM
you dont need the BB. ill buy it off of you, i need another :)

After a few times to the range I'll probably take the BB off. Question, how can I remove it without damageing it??? That was a tight fit...:eek:

jp.cherokee
02-18-2007, 1:58 PM
Like MM said, either put every evil feature you own on the weapon with your Bullet Button, or take them all off, put in the standard mag release, and bolt on the U-15.:)

In my configuration I have the option to do either;) ... it still is really easy to drop the mag with the BB in-place. I can't AFFORD any legal issues, just a little gun shy.

gn3hz3ku1*
02-18-2007, 2:41 PM
After a few times to the range I'll probably take the BB off. Question, how can I remove it without damageing it??? That was a tight fit...:eek:
yea thats the question of the month.. some people have done it.. some dont think it will ever come off

permanent_45
02-18-2007, 2:46 PM
I did the same thing with my original prince 50 kit. I had it on my rifle before I got my U15. I left it on for 1 range After that I , figured that if I was asked about my rifle, having both would only look like I questioned the legality of thing in the first place. After that first trip I took the prince 50 off and added it to my new lower. .

leelaw
02-18-2007, 2:51 PM
You just need one or the other. Getting both on a single OLL is overkill, but should be well outside the grey area.

kantstudien
02-18-2007, 4:00 PM
You are actually opening yourself up to more potential legal problems with both installed. What if LE/DOJ decide to slap a 30rd mag into your mag well when they are checking out your rifle? Instant AW = felony.

jp.cherokee
02-18-2007, 4:06 PM
You are actually opening yourself up to more potential legal problems with both installed. What if LE/DOJ decide to slap a 30rd mag into your mag well when they are checking out your rifle? Instant AW = felony.

Can you explain this a little better???

MonsterMan
02-18-2007, 4:22 PM
Can you explain this a little better???

If you insert a magazine that can hold more than 10 rounds into a rifle with a maglock on it, it is a instant AW. No matter what type of "fixing" used. If you have no SB23 features, take that maglock off.

MM

marlon671
02-18-2007, 4:42 PM
If you insert a magazine that can hold more than 10 rounds into a rifle with a maglock on it, it is a instant AW. No matter what type of "fixing" used. If you have no SB23 features, take that maglock off.

MM

:confused:

pistol grip all the way!!!

jp.cherokee
02-18-2007, 6:12 PM

MM

The maglock has been removed, if you go in from the back side, there is just enough lip to use a punch and tap it out... Took less than 5 minutes...:)
Can't wait to try it out...:D

Call me dumb, but I still do not understand the 30 round mag, maglock, felony situation... Inquiring minds would like to know. What if I had pre-ban hi-cap mags???
Thanks,

SemiAutoSam
02-18-2007, 6:23 PM
When one uses a fixed mag kit its mandatory by law to use no more than a 10 round mag.

http://www.ag.ca.gov/firearms/dwcl/12275.htm

12276.1. (a) Notwithstanding Section 12276, "assault weapon" shall also mean any of the following:
(1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
(A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.
(B) A thumbhole stock.
(C) A folding or telescoping stock.
(D) A grenade launcher or flare launcher.
(E) A flash suppressor.
(F) A forward pistol grip.
(2) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.
(3) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 30 inches.

Call me dumb, but I still do not understand the 30 round mag, maglock, felony situation... Inquiring minds would like to know. What if I had pre-ban hi-cap mags???
Thanks,

kantstudien
02-18-2007, 7:24 PM
Thanks,

OK, here is a scenario.

You own numerous 20 and 30 rd AR-15 magazines. These were acquired prior to Jan 1st, 2000. They are legal.

You own two off-list AR rifles. One has a normal mag button, the other has a mag-lock device of some sort. Neither has SB23 characteristics.

You are traveling to the range when you get pulled over and the police want to check and make sure your rifles are unloaded, legal, etc.

They see the detachable mag build, and the mag lock build, which happen to be identical sans the mag lock. They ask you to show them how it works because they happen to be curious themselves.

You reach into your bag-o mags and pull out a 10 rd mag, which happens to look like your 20. However, you hastily pulled out an actual "preban" 20 rd mag. You insert it into your mag-lock equipped OLL, and you are now a AW-creating felon.

jp.cherokee
02-18-2007, 7:33 PM
When one uses a fixed mag kit its mandatory by law to use no more than a 10 round mag.

http://www.ag.ca.gov/firearms/dwcl/12275.htm

12276.1. (a) Notwithstanding Section 12276, "assault weapon" shall also mean any of the following:
(1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
(A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.
(B) A thumbhole stock.
(C) A folding or telescoping stock.
(D) A grenade launcher or flare launcher.
(E) A flash suppressor.
(F) A forward pistol grip.
(2) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.
(3) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 30 inches.

Thanks,
GOT IT, so that means "ANYONE" that uses a Bullet-Button mag lock and puts in a mag with greater than 10 rounds is a felon???
True or false???:confused:
Scary
I'll use the U-15 or MM Grip...

MonsterMan
02-18-2007, 7:39 PM
Thanks,
GOT IT, so that means "ANYONE" that uses a Bullet-Button mag lock and puts in a mag with greater than 10 rounds is a felon???
True or false???:confused:
Scary
I'll use the U-15 or MM Grip...

True

If you use a magazine that can hold more than 10 rounds in a rifle that has a maglock on it, then it is a AW. Regaurdless of the SB23 characteristics. If you want to 10+ round mags, than you have to go with a SB23 featureless build.

If you want to use the maglock, than keep the pistol grip on and pile on as many features as you want. As long as you keep your barrel length 16 inches or more and the rifle isn't shorter than 30 inches, you are ok.

MM

jp.cherokee
02-18-2007, 9:26 PM
True

If you use a magazine that can hold more than 10 rounds in a rifle that has a maglock on it, then it is a AW. Regaurdless of the SB23 characteristics. If you want to 10+ round mags, than you have to go with a SB23 featureless build.

If you want to use the maglock, than keep the pistol grip on and pile on as many features as you want. As long as you keep your barrel length 16 inches or more and the rifle isn't shorter than 30 inches, you are ok.

MM

Excellent,
Thanks MM, I will keep my BB maglock for my next "EVIL" OLL build...
Thanks to all on this forum, you could not find this important information "ANYWHERE ELSE". Long Live Calguns...:D

megavolt121
02-18-2007, 10:48 PM
Don't forget your tinfoil hat with that

jp.cherokee
02-19-2007, 6:18 AM

Got it on, and tightly secured;)

Jicko
02-19-2007, 7:00 AM
OK, here is a scenario.

You own numerous 20 and 30 rd AR-15 magazines. These were acquired prior to Jan 1st, 2000. They are legal.

You own two off-list AR rifles. One has a normal mag button, the other has a mag-lock device of some sort. Neither has SB23 characteristics.

You are traveling to the range when you get pulled over and the police want to check and make sure your rifles are unloaded, legal, etc.

They see the detachable mag build, and the mag lock build, which happen to be identical sans the mag lock. They ask you to show them how it works because they happen to be curious themselves.

You reach into your bag-o mags and pull out a 10 rd mag, which happens to look like your 20. However, you hastily pulled out an actual "preban" 20 rd mag. You insert it into your mag-lock equipped OLL, and you are now a AW-creating felon.

That "YOU" in the above scenario are just plain *stupid*..... *stupid* persons don't deserve OLLs... part of the obiligation to owning an OLL is to know what you are doing....

FormerLaCrescentan
02-19-2007, 11:40 AM
Great to see the initiative on this board. The U-15 stock will really help out the California market. They can't stomp out ingenuity.

RyotGear
03-08-2007, 7:06 PM

You should read this:

http://people.csail.mit.edu/rahimi/helmet/

The gist of it is: an MIT student studied tin foil hats and radio frequencies. Tin Foil hats amplify some government frequencies and do not stop them.