PDA

View Full Version : Saiga stock modification. Legal or not?

Morales
02-18-2007, 12:11 AM
I am in the market for a Saiga, 7.62, of course, and I was wondering about after market stocks. I see fellows with CA legal AK's that have "thumb hole" type stocks in this forum and so I am wondering if putting such a stock, sort of like the Fiberforce stock on an SKS, would be legal. Will I end up in a federal prison, being sodomized on a daily basis, or will I be okay? Here is a picture of what I am talking about.

hoffmang
02-18-2007, 12:22 AM
You can't have an AR with a thumbhole stock and detachable magazines. If you pin the magazine, you can have all the evil features you'd like.

-Gene

Richard
02-18-2007, 12:23 AM
I am in the market for a Saiga, 7.62, of course, and I was wondering about after market stocks. I see fellows with CA legal AK's that have "thumb hole" type stocks in this forum and so I am wondering if putting such a stock, sort of like the Fiberforce stock on an SKS, would be legal. Will I end up in a federal prison, being sodomized on a daily basis, or will I be okay? Here is a picture of what I am talking about.

It's pretty presumptuous of you to think that that Bubba will find you desirable.:p JK

Thumbholes have been deemed illegal in any form since it violates SB23...one particular member seems to have cracked that nut....made it comply by eliminating the thumbhole ...read link

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=40758

Morales
02-18-2007, 12:40 AM
"I think it's pretty presumptuous of you that Bubba will find you desirable."

Well, since bubba's sister seems not to find me so, you may be correct. But I imagine that after enough time, bubba may lower his standards enough to make a move. I figure that for the first 5 years I might be safe, which would give me enough time for my family to send me some sort of *** protecting armor plate. But okay, so the pictured after market stock is out of the question. Damn. Okay. Well, I'm still getting that damned rifle, I just can't look as cool. LOL. Thanks for the swift reply, you guys are great.

leelaw
02-18-2007, 12:44 AM
No, you will not go to Federal prison for installing that stock onto a Saiga.

Richard
02-18-2007, 12:51 AM
"I think it's pretty presumptuous of you that Bubba will find you desirable."

Well, since bubba's sister seems not to find me so, you may be correct. But I imagine that after enough time, bubba may lower his standards enough to make a move. I figure that for the first 5 years I might be safe, which would give me enough time for my family to send me some sort of *** protecting armor plate. But okay, so the pictured after market stock is out of the question. Damn. Okay. Well, I'm still getting that damned rifle, I just can't look as cool. LOL. Thanks for the swift reply, you guys are great.

But Like Hoffmang wrote...if you have a pinned 10 rnd. mag you can have the stock

Morales
02-18-2007, 4:24 AM
Who wants a pinned mag? Damn it. I'll settle for the sporter's stock, but as soon as I'm done with school, I'm moving to Texas. We seriously need to do a million man march against constitutional violations, only California is so full of pansies that you couldn't scrounge up a million men who would be willing to call themselves men in the whole state. Where is the NRA in all of this? Its just so frustrating. Two guys rob a bank with AK's back in '93 and now no one can have anything that even remotely looks like one. I thought this was America. Maybe I should move to Africa, where 11 year old kids can get AK's just fine, and use them to commit genocide. I should be just fine there becuase I would just use mine to go to the range. I would skip the whole genocide part all together. I'm sorry, you know, its been a rough week, and its late. You guys didn't need to hear that.

gn3hz3ku1*
02-18-2007, 9:38 AM
^ did you join the NRA? they are trying.. just takes time

MrTuffPaws
02-18-2007, 6:45 PM
No, you will not go to Federal prison for installing that stock onto a Saiga.

922r would have to disagree with you. That is unless it came from russia with that stock installed. One would have to do the 10 parts or less game.