PDA

View Full Version : A great trip to the Range today (new mm grip sample)

Prc329
02-17-2007, 8:20 PM
Well, went to Angeles with some friends today. We took a small arsenal with us.

1. Remington 700 PSS
2. Four Ar-15s one equipped with a mm new grip sample, 2 equipped with a slikphoto prs grip and an old style mm grip.
3. Kimber CDP
4. Kimber Warrior
5. Kimber Compact CDP II
6, XD-45
7. XD-9

First we had fun shooting the steel. I figured out that I need to spend more time shooting my hand guns again. I will use the excuse that it was a bit windy :) Then I took my ARs for a spin. First I learned from my mistakes from last week. First I boresighted the rifle by looking threw the barrel like I should have done last week. I also figured out the problem I was having last week was due to the buffer tube/spring/buffer. I sighted in the upper I just completed and it worked great. Home made feed ramps and all. Took a couple of rounds and it was dead on. Very good.

I have shoot the rifle with the slikphoto made grip before but this is the first time I put some serious bench time with it. It feels very good and handles well. Works with the PRS Stock perfect. The thumb shelf felt great on both rifles.

Now it was time to compare the old grip with my mm sample grip. Very nice. It fits my hands just that much better then the old grip. It felt much better then the old one. I am very much looking forward to the release of the new grip so I can replace my old one.

On a side note the YHM muzzle brake is loud but very effective. The Stag brake that 10% sells (nothing against him, I was being cheap :) ) really sucks. I mean it feels like it worked pretty well but it was just loud and blew way to much gas at my fellow shooters. The YHM brake was pretty loud, loud enough that many people though i was shooting sometime bigger. It didn't blow gas all to the sides as much. You really could not stand that close to the shooter with the gun with the stag break without being hit with a hard concussion wave.

Anyone wanna buy a stag brake for cheap? :D

Diablo
02-17-2007, 8:34 PM
Thanks for sharing the experience with us. Sounds like if you had a great time. Do you fel the MM grip is better than the U 15 stock?

Prc329
02-17-2007, 8:36 PM
Never used a U-15 stock. I just can't get around the exposed buffer tube.

shinigami
02-17-2007, 8:39 PM
Good to hear that you liked the grip! :D

I also shoot with it and the thumb rest helps a lot.

Prc329
02-17-2007, 9:18 PM
BTW, my 1337tactical mark 4 clone performed great. Glass was clear and it held zero nice. My buddies PSS had a real Leupold Mark 4 on it and the clone IMHO performed very close to the real thing. Not exactly but good enough that it justified the money I spent.