PDA

View Full Version : favorite ffl

boogak
02-17-2007, 3:51 PM
who is you favorite ffl and why?

deguello
02-17-2007, 3:59 PM
The CMP

Thats the easiest question I've answered in a long time.

James R.
02-17-2007, 4:04 PM
who is you favorite ffl and why?

Won't say I have a definite favorite, but I've been using Ade recently (last year or so) and find his prices to be reasonable and he doesn't shy away from stuff which is perfectly legal but which other FFL's won't touch. To point, thinks like OLL's, SAIGA's and things of that nature...

I do have some least favorites because of what giant pu$$ies they were when I needed them most. Those would be, Fowler Gun Room, The Stockade (same owners) and the worst of them all, The Grant Bros. I base that on the crap I went thru when I tried to get the receiver for my 50 BMG. All of those names mentioned (last 3) all refused to have anything to do with 50 BMG during the month of December leading up to the ban. The Grant Bros get the brunt of it because instead of saying they didn't want to do it they said, "we don't deal in those types of firearms" with a very holier than thou type attitude.

Fortunately for me Bolsa Gunsmithing came to the rescue, they ran me right up to the wire but they got it done...it was expensive too (which is a good part of why I don't use them anymore) but at least they weren't big sopping pu$$ies like the others were.

Regards,

James R.

boogak
02-17-2007, 5:31 PM
i understand, i'd pay a lil more for their troubles

stuckin
02-17-2007, 5:32 PM
i try to stay with the small gun shops around town. there a couple ones here in san diego. la mesa collectables spelling sucks sorry guys. but the small shops always seem to treat u better and know ur name. not always the lowest prices but i always like the little man
stuck

DarthSean
02-17-2007, 5:39 PM
In my area, I like dealing with Centerfire in Riverside best. Their prices rival Turners.

ns3v3n
02-17-2007, 5:41 PM
-irvington arms in fremont, ca, friendly service and fast too,
-target master in milpitas, ca, good place to shoot but some emp are pretty rude. and their PPT takes an hour long now due to new procedures.
-sportsmen's supply in san jose, ca, friendly service and prices are pretty good too. plus it's right next to taco bell :)

rorschach
02-17-2007, 5:45 PM
Metroshot

azn_wrx
02-17-2007, 5:46 PM
I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who thinks the stockade/fowlers aren't the nicest people around. :p

bob bomb
02-17-2007, 5:56 PM
My favorite FFL has to be the fat a-hole that works at Canyon Sports that has all the ink on him.He really leaves you with a feeling of quality service when hes done bending you over.
On a serious note the best really, for me, has to be the people at Antioch Armory. Great people to work with.

railroader
02-17-2007, 6:07 PM
I would have to go with Bright Spot Pawn in Riverside. They will transfer anything that is legal (OLL's and Off List Rifles)and they have the best transfer prices around. Mark

69Mach1
02-17-2007, 6:15 PM
BSP is the only FFL I deal with now for my transfers. Chris is da man. :D

Starlifter
02-17-2007, 6:16 PM
J.W. Guns
250 Iowa Ave.
Riverside

Family run business, great selection.

permanent_45
02-17-2007, 8:14 PM
-target master in milpitas, ca, good place to shoot but some emp are pretty rude. and their PPT takes an hour long now due to new procedures.
-sportsmen's supply in san jose, ca, friendly service and prices are pretty good too. plus it's right next to taco bell :)

I was just at Sportsmen's and TB today. Great places and good prices. I want to ask this question. Is it favorite FFL for OLLs or for anything? I ask because I go to different shops for different needs. I would say this is the order of shops I like.

Irvington for OLLS and good prices on glocks and XDs. Plus its around the block from work.

Antioch for once again good prices on glocks, XDs, and Sigs.

Reeds main store on Alum Rock. A bit pricey but lots in stock.

And last but not least SJGE. No FFL but lots of goodies in stock for my OLLs.

Paratus et Vigilans
02-17-2007, 8:19 PM
How 'bout a great big +1 for Wes and TPF! King of the OLL's! :)

Also, I totally agree with the post on Ade's. He's so pleasant to deal with, a total gentleman, and while there's always a wait, I never mind spending some time hanging out in his place - you meet some great people there while you wait.

A little further south, I've done PPT's at Iron Sights, and they're really good to deal with - great crew - just don't try to do it during "rush hour"!

Last but not least, Accurate Arms in Temecula in the old Stater Bros shopping center on Jefferson near Winchester. If they haven't got it, they'll get it for you, and they've got a super gun smith, Ray, who splits his time between their place and Iron Sights.

This is a tough question to answer. It's kinda like asking what's your favorite pizza - you've got to have a few favorite places for it, or you'll get bored! :D

ivanimal
02-17-2007, 9:03 PM
Irvington Arms and a guy in Martinez are the best. The only others I like are the ones you like when they are transfering the gun you sold me.:D

As for the guy with the Ink at Canyon, he is really a good guy when you get to know him. I couldn't stand him at first either. I am sure he did not like my know it all *** at first either.

I like to buy used guns because I always seem to be waiting for the 30 days to be up. PPT's are my friends. Last year I had a gun on hold every month. This year will definitely be different. I am fading fast. 2 more must haves and I am done for some time.

veeklog
02-17-2007, 9:10 PM
Royal Loan in San Diego has been good to me. Anytime I need to do an OLL tansfer they have been great. Doc and Ken have good customer service

Paratus et Vigilans
02-17-2007, 9:46 PM
I like to buy used guns because I always seem to be waiting for the 30 days to be up. PPT's are my friends. Last year I had a gun on hold every month. This year will definitely be different. I am fading fast. 2 more must haves and I am done for some time.

Yeah, IIRC, at the end of '06 you were gobbling up the new offerings on the WTS listings as fast as they hit the wires! :)

Weren't you arming all your nephews, or something like that??

Maybe you've got your own private army, like Col. Kurtz in Apocaylpse Now???

Just kidding! We all know that one can never have too many firearms! However, it is possible to have too little space in the gun safe! :D

nosewitdot
02-17-2007, 9:54 PM
J.W. Guns
250 Iowa Ave.
Riverside

Family run business, great selection.

I've visited there once, they seem very nice...i wonder if they transfer OLL and off list rifles...if so i wonder how much they cost to do the transfer.

For my favorites...By far...BSP in riverside is the best

though i never transfered anything through Ade's He's one of the most friendly FFLs i've been to. So +1 to him

Rascal
02-18-2007, 6:13 AM
I will travel 100 miles to do business with Martin at Irvington Arms. Don't worry about the horse, he just likes to slobber on your shoes a lot.

ivanimal
02-18-2007, 8:21 AM
Yeah, IIRC, at the end of '06 you were gobbling up the new offerings on the WTS listings as fast as they hit the wires! :)

Weren't you arming all your nephews, or something like that??

Maybe you've got your own private army, like Col. Kurtz in Apocaylpse Now???

Just kidding! We all know that one can never have too many firearms! However, it is possible to have too little space in the gun safe! :D

If you recall I was buying up all of the safes as well.:p

I do drive 100 miles to do business with Martin I leave work in Vacaville go to Fremont and then Home, a little over 100 miles. It is worth every mile.

I do have my own private army, my son and I. He uses enough ammo for an infantry. I am glad he likes this stuff.

mltrading
02-18-2007, 8:28 AM
BigMac @ Irvington Arms, Fremont
J.D. @ JD Security, San Jose

whatdyisit
02-18-2007, 8:31 AM
I'm going with Metroshot. I bought my first OLL there. The guys there are real helpful and prices seem good to me.

luvtolean
02-18-2007, 8:59 AM
Ade's. Very friendly, knowledgable staff, nice shop, lowest fees, and close to me.

I have not a bad word to say about every experience I have had there.

DWill
02-18-2007, 10:39 AM
I'm looking for an FFL for an OLL in the Sacramento area

savageevo
02-18-2007, 5:52 PM
I have to say Bright spot in riverside. Awesome people there.

Charliegone
02-18-2007, 6:03 PM
BSP is the only FFL I deal with now for my transfers. Chris is da man. :D

He's a GUN PIMP!:D

thedrickel
02-18-2007, 7:25 PM
BigMac @ Irvington Arms, Fremont
J.D. @ JD Security, San Jose
JD's a nice guy but 40$ per item is too much. Roger's Relics is my fav, I drive 40 miles each way to do biz with them.

goldfinger
02-18-2007, 7:38 PM
+1 for irvington arms
target masters, very slow on paperworks, most employees are rookies

FlexPlasmaRifle
02-18-2007, 7:59 PM
Irvington Arms +1

morepoop4u
02-18-2007, 8:46 PM
JD's a nice guy but 40$ per item is too much. Roger's Relics is my fav, I drive 40 miles each way to do biz with them.

It's $45 at JD's;).

Cesar G.
02-19-2007, 9:23 AM
+1 for Irvington arms

AxonGap
02-19-2007, 10:16 AM
Won't say I have a definite favorite, but I've been using Ade recently (last year or so) and find his prices to be reasonable and he doesn't shy away from stuff which is perfectly legal but which other FFL's won't touch. To point, thinks like OLL's, SAIGA's and things of that nature....

Ade is THE man!:cool:

Turners in Fountain Valley is fine, just go in with a purpose (know what you want) and don't expect too much. On the whole, they have a few sharp guys; just keep your expectations minimal. If you’re looking for a good old fashioned gun store, I mean one that literally has'nt changed in over 20 years (or gotten any new merchandise for that matter), George down at Saddleback Valley Gun Center is OK (a bit long of tooth and cranky, but pleasant ). A little warning if youre a non-smoker or hate pipe tobacco because you’ll breath the equivalent of at least 2 packs worth by the time you leave.

As for mediocre FFL’s, I concur about Fowlers:mad: , Grant Boys:eek: , etc. I rate bad shops by how worthless (and stupid) they make you feel, and they are top notch at doing that! :rolleyes:

FormerLaCrescentan
02-19-2007, 12:53 PM
B&B Sales in North Hollywood.... Ok, I moved out of state and just dated myself with this post. I can still remember the Steyr's, UZI's, AK's, etc. that lined those walls.

KracknCorn
02-19-2007, 12:59 PM
Found a guy through a distributor... charges $5 for the transfer. Really nice guy too. Sorry, can't give out hes name.

pnkssbtz
02-19-2007, 1:58 PM
+1 to Ade's!

Just bought a 10/22 this weekend.

Not only is Ade a really nice guy he will go above and beyond to help you out!

PistolPete75
02-19-2007, 2:08 PM
Pat @ Metroshot

relaxed guys, easy to deal with, fair prices, local.

marxdspot
02-19-2007, 2:11 PM
+1 for Pat and Cesar at Metroshot. I've dealt with numerous other FFL's and Pat's definately the man. Thanks for the easy and kind customer service, Pat!

Diablo
02-19-2007, 2:23 PM
Pat at Metroshot and Ade's. They're both great guys.

franco802
02-23-2007, 12:38 PM
i try to stay with the small gun shops around town. there a couple ones here in san diego. la mesa collectables spelling sucks sorry guys. but the small shops always seem to treat u better and know ur name. not always the lowest prices but i always like the little man
stuck

La Mesa Collectables is a pretty good place, but you can forget about having any AR15 lowers sent there. I called them and they said they don't want to be involved in any type of AR15 stuff:confused: So.....no FFL help on receivers there.

Although I spoke to Doc at Royal Loan and he would be happy to do it there. The cost is $55.00 for the transfer and $25.00 for DROS.

NSR500
02-23-2007, 12:51 PM
Irvington Arms...

1. Local
2. Good Service
3. Good Prices
4. Nice Folks

steve2071
02-23-2007, 7:51 PM
In So Cal, I gotta give a thumbs up for Gunrunners in Duarte. They're friendly (some of the guys) and knowledgeable. Though the prices aren't that amazing.

leego
02-23-2007, 8:14 PM
I been using Sharpshooter in Torrance for all my firearm transactions. They are quick and no hassles, like with Turners. Also, Fred is a good guy to deal with.