PDA

View Full Version : DOJ Admits Mistake Overlooking ATF Activities

Kid Stanislaus
11-01-2011, 7:43 AM
Somebody at the DOJ finally 'fesses up about their response to the ATF fiasco.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/top-justice-dept-official-admits-mistake-ignoring-atfs-unacceptable-tactics

EDIT: Upon reading this a second time, it looks like just so much damage control. You make the call.

MAC USMC
11-01-2011, 8:34 AM
Any one in a position of power and authority who signed off on Fast and Furious committed a felony in permitting guns to be transorted into Mexico in violation of several Federal laws. All involved should suffer the consequences as would any ordinary citizen.

dalriaden
11-01-2011, 8:46 AM
Any one in a position of power and authority who signed off on Fast and Furious committed a felony in permitting guns to be transported into Mexico in violation of several Federal laws. All involved should suffer the consequences as would any ordinary citizen.

Not to mention the laws of a foreign sovereign nation, and I'm sure some international drug smuggling operations. If Mexico were supplying guns to the crips we'd be crying bloody murder, but since its the opposite its ok. More Do as I say, not as I do from the Obama administration.

Fyathyrio
11-01-2011, 9:32 AM
It appears to me as another attempt to blur the distinctions between F&F and Wide Receiver to try and show that the program existed prior to the anointed one's ascension to the throne. Ol' Lanny is now the designated fall guy and it's all his fault for not informing anybody. This faux Mea Culpa had me gagging on breakfast when I first read of it this morning.

dantodd
11-01-2011, 10:01 AM
The only reason any agency would admit to failure X is becuase they have actually committed failure X+Y.

rp55
11-01-2011, 10:44 AM
So Lanny Breuer is going to be the fall guy?

morfeeis
11-01-2011, 10:47 AM
http://video.foxnews.com/v/1246954851001/napolitanos-fast-and-furious-testimony-disputed

a note worthy F&F video but i didn't want to make a new thread.

goodlookin1
11-01-2011, 12:21 PM
I really hope they dont let it go at this point because they found someone to blame. This Lenny character needs to go! He's playing the "mistake" and "ignorance" cards, when this was clearly intentional. Something this botched up was not a "mistake".....the only mistake made was getting caught.

I have no doubts it goes higher than this. I just hope Grassly and Issa are able to find the right proof that links these a-holes to the crime(s). But I would be lying if I said I wasnt concerned that most people will be satisfied with the ignorance/mistake guilty plea...

oni.dori
11-01-2011, 12:26 PM
Overlooking? More like approving. Just a feeble attempt at damage control.

Kid Stanislaus
11-01-2011, 1:27 PM
It appears to me as another attempt to blur the distinctions between F&F and Wide Receiver to try and show that the program existed prior to the anointed one's ascension to the throne. Ol' Lanny is now the designated fall guy and it's all his fault for not informing anybody.

That's pretty much my take on it also.

Wherryj
11-02-2011, 9:09 AM
It appears to me as another attempt to blur the distinctions between F&F and Wide Receiver to try and show that the program existed prior to the anointed one's ascension to the throne. Ol' Lanny is now the designated fall guy and it's all his fault for not informing anybody. This faux Mea Culpa had me gagging on breakfast when I first read of it this morning.

That was how I interpreted the article as well.