PDA

View Full Version : Looking for the right light

MrDickey
10-31-2011, 2:33 PM
So I have a question and I hope it's in the best place that I'm asking. I would like to mount a light on my rifle (It's a VZ-58 with a NEA hand-guard/Magpul rail fore-end combo).

Here's what I would like said light to satisfy:
-Illuminate clearly anything I aim at up to and including 25 yards.
-Lightweight, small, and durable enough to be able to withstand the recoil of a 7.62x39mm round.
-Tight budget.
-LED preferred over incandescent.

Here's why:
-I would like to get into boar hunting. And if I camp overnight in the boonies I'd like to be able to quickly ID ANYTHING that makes that bush move when the only source of light is a half-moon.
-If the world goes to Hell, the grid goes dark, zombies, Russians, or rabid pheasants invade the country I am familiar with the back way back home to get to my family. It is a combination of small towns and open fields that can either have very little vegetation cover or plenty of weeds that you could effectively crawl through undetected at night. If something is at or within 25 yards, and I can't get around it without posing a threat to myself (i.e. it already sees me and is coming at me or targeting me) I would like to get as clear a picture of what I'm engaging as possible. Might be nice to blind them as well.
-This will NOT be a CQB in-home defense purpose light.

Is what I'm looking for too high a standard or can it be done?

itisagoodname
10-31-2011, 3:48 PM
Just ordered one of these. Seems like a great deal to me.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=491285