PDA

View Full Version : AK-47.US Helping us out!

Addax
02-17-2007, 9:01 AM
Guys,

Check out this link.

Ak47 Dood from AK-47.US asked me if he could post this.

He wants to help show others out there that California is not lost, and that we can own AK type rifles out here...

If any of you run into difficulties with an out of state AK dealer/builder, forward them this link. Ak-47.us is a very popular site for the AK folks out there and virtually all of the builders have links on the site..

http://www.ak-47.us/Article_Detail.php?g=content1171613947

Regards,
Addax

Uberdummy
02-17-2007, 11:15 AM
Nice. It could use a little correction though. Without a grip it can be used with standard cap mags.;)

boogak
02-17-2007, 4:50 PM
this is just what i needed to convince my cousin out of state to send me my ak. thanks alot man!

hoffmang
02-17-2007, 5:09 PM
Your cousin would need to send the AK to an instate FFL for transfer.

-Gene

stuckin
02-17-2007, 6:57 PM
with out the grip its got to be hard to get to the trigger and get a good shot off. any of u guys have one of these things?
stuck

Addax
02-17-2007, 7:28 PM
Nice. It could use a little correction though. Without a grip it can be used with standard cap mags.;)

Actually Pre-Ban Hi-Cap (or Standard Cap as you refer to it) could be used, but I like to play it safe for now.

With CA DOJ and Many LEO's not knowing the difference in with OLL's it makes for an easier argument with a 10 round mag protruding from your rifle vs. a 30 rnd mag. Just my thoughts.

Yes you are right with your statement, as long as you have proof you owned them before the ban.

As for me, yup, I have a few East German mags I picked up a long time before the ban and I have the receipts to show for them.

Uberdummy
02-17-2007, 8:33 PM
Actually Pre-Ban Hi-Cap (or Standard Cap as you refer to it) could be used, but I like to play it safe for now.

With CA DOJ and Many LEO's not knowing the difference in with OLL's it makes for an easier argument with a 10 round mag protruding from your rifle vs. a 30 rnd mag. Just my thoughts.

Yes you are right with your statement, as long as you have proof you owned them before the ban.

As for me, yup, I have a few East German mags I picked up a long time before the ban and I have the receipts to show for them.
Nothing wrong with playing it safe. But, you don't need proof you owned the mags prior. It's just helpful. I have no proof for any mags I have stashed away. I never understood why I was given these when I was younger, now I know.

Addax
02-18-2007, 12:06 AM
Nothing wrong with playing it safe. But, you don't need proof you owned the mags prior. It's just helpful. I have no proof for any mags I have stashed away. I never understood why I was given these when I was younger, now I know.

Maybe you are right, but I tend to think that if for any reason you are in court and you have to show proof, it is better to be safer than sorry..

I guess the best thing to do is not get ourselves into any compromising situation....

Addax
02-18-2007, 10:44 AM
Great Link! Thanks Dude:)

No problem! I was really happy that allot of folks on the AKforum.net site were cool, even though I did get some ribbing about being in Kalifornia and all...:rolleyes: