PDA

View Full Version : Warne QD rings not sitting vertical on my warne one piece base Help!

proraptor
02-17-2007, 7:52 AM
Ok guys I have a savage 10fp and got a warne one piece base with warne maxima QD rings and a super sniper 10X scope. When I get everything setup how I want it (reading the manuals) the rings slightly tilt to the left of the gun....I was under the impression that they would be perfectly vertical...

Am I a noob am I doing something wrong?

dfletcher
02-17-2007, 10:05 AM
Are you sure it's a ring problem & not a base problem? I have a Savage 12BVSS and in getting bases (I used 2 piece) seem to remember that Savage went from a round rear base (closest to the bolt) to a flat a few years ago.

Also, Warnes have a silver colored metal tab that fits into the base of the ring & weaver slot. Sometimes it may not fit it the ring well (gunk or just not in place) and maybe that throws it off.

Just a guess or two.

xenophobe
02-17-2007, 2:22 PM
They should sit level. There may be an issue with the base not being to proper M1913 spec.

I always stick to recommending Leupold Mark 4 bases or Badger Ordinance bases. I know there is a wide variety out there, but I stick to what I know...

proraptor
02-18-2007, 8:17 AM
I thought the warne base and rings would match up perfect cause they are from the same company....I think Ill call warne and ask them about it....