PDA

View Full Version : Generators and alt fule

redrex
10-31-2011, 11:23 AM
Ok, so one of the things that I'm not bad at is making moonshine. I'm good enough that I have the best selling ebook on it on the Amazon Kindle :)

That being said, does anyone know what it would take to run to run your typical gas generator on ethanol or even straight alcohol??? Hell is it even possible?

wash
10-31-2011, 12:01 PM
From what I understand, high alcohol content fuels will eat away the fuel lines, pump diaphragms and maybe even aluminum.

You would need a generator designed or retrofitted to burn E85.

I think it's easier to go diesel and figure out how to refine bio-diesel...

ElvenSoul
10-31-2011, 12:14 PM
Your best bet is bio diesel and cut in a little ethanol

Gas generators are small wimpy and not efficient

Diesel is big powerfull...light up your whole block

thenodnarb
10-31-2011, 12:56 PM
I would prefer a slow speed diesel. It can run diesel, bio-diesel, veggie oil, waste motor oil and transmission oil and probably more.

however if you already have a generator that you want to retrofit, check out this website:knowledge publications (http://www.knowledgepublications.com/free_energy_education_video_training.htm)

IMO, it would probably be easier to run your gennie on wood gas than alcohol.

redrex
10-31-2011, 10:20 PM
Wood gas would be cool and while diesel is no doubt the better fuel, making diesel is not the easiest thing to do. In fact to do it even close to right requires a basic lab setup. I can almost make moon shine in a paper cup.

Ok, so I'm exaggerating for effect. The point is, it's a whole mess easier. I've looked into it and I'd love to the diesel thing but right now it's just not in the stars.

In 5 years maybe. I'd love to get the whole family on the big D. big old suv for the fam. old turbo diesel Benz for me. Paint it black, put little diplomat flags on the front fenders :)