PDA

View Full Version : Complaint re: Customer Service and Rob

JoeinLA
10-31-2011, 10:36 AM
OK, I'm a little annoyed. I've been going back and forth on my FS2000 for 2 or 3 months now. Purchased it, never fired a shot, sent it back. Thankfully, (though after a month or so, FNH agreed to replace it, but I had to wait 3 or so weeks for their next shipment to come in. In the meantime, I emailed Rob, the head of customer service, on October 10th, asking him about the CA compliance issues, who's doing it, etc. I DID NOT want to lose more weeks with a back and forth on this issue.

Well, Rob never responded to this question, despite 2 or 3 more emails referencing this.

Now, I'm told Turners received my FS2000, but that it has to be sent back because FNH didn't install the bullet button, etc.

So, I'm going to lose even more weeks because Rob couldn't be bothered to read my emails and actually follow up on this issue. Not sure how many more weeks I'm going to lose here, but this is EXACTLY what I was trying to address 3 weeks ago.

If this is the type of follow through that's coming from the guy who's in charge of customer service, it's no wonder that customer service is the #1 complaint with Turners.

At this point, I'm feeling like it's worth it to pay the extra $50 or $100 dollars and get customer service that doesn't cost me months of delay; which, in the long run, is costing me more than the few dollars I saved by buying from Turners.

dshortone
10-31-2011, 11:35 AM
Legitimate complaint, but how is this "costing you money"?

JoeinLA
10-31-2011, 11:51 AM
Gun rentals, ammo expenses because I have to use a different firearm, not being able to move forward with a particular platform in the time frame desired, decisions to purchase not being made, missing on other opportunities. Time being money.

robz@turners
10-31-2011, 3:36 PM
Joe,

Let me fill you in on what happens behind the scenes.

Two e-mails were sent to the FN rep about your firearm being made CA compliant yet they still shipped it without that being done.

Sometimes things happen and the only thing we can do is do our best to correct the situation.

I have responded to your e-mails along with having the store manager contact you throughout both of your repair issues. If you have any further issues feel free to contact me or to continue your conversation with the Reseda store manager.

Rob Zubak

JoeinLA
10-31-2011, 4:57 PM
Rob, thanks for the info, but I did email you about this issue multiple times and you never even responded to the question, much less told me that you were following up with FNH re: the CA compliance issues. It would have been easy for you to say, "Yes, I've emailed FNH about this and am waiting to hear back". The issue here is that your customer is unhappy - and, apparently, for no good reason other than that you failed to effectively communicate with him.

When I first started working, my boss told me that 90% of problems with clients come from problems with communication. I'm not expecting miracles. Hopefully you can understand that I, as a customer, am looking to you for support - and if you don't tell me that you're helping me, I will think that you're not.

Magnum Johnson
10-31-2011, 5:29 PM
Spam filter is catching his emails and rejecting them is it? Just a thought.

dshortone
10-31-2011, 11:06 PM
My next questions are, since you weren't receiving and emails in return, why not call the store manager or Rob? Also, where did you find an FS2000 to rent?!?!?! I've always wanted to try a bullpup!

JoeinLA
10-31-2011, 11:16 PM
No, spam filter wasnt "catching" his emails. I did receive emails from Rob, none of which addressed the CA compliance issue (hence the multiple emails requests regarding this issue).

Regarding calling Rob or the store manager, i dont beleive I have Rob's phone number, and even if i did, that would be irrelevant in light of the medium of communication that we were using (though I did provide my phone number in the emails). And thats not really customer support when I have to chase him down; I think thats exactly the problem.

i didnt rent an FS2000.

JoeinLA
11-01-2011, 10:24 AM
Rob, I know I'm complaining here, but I do want to thank you for your help. No kind deed goes unpunished? I do wish, however, that you had just let me know that you had contacted FNH twice. That would have been great to know.

You're welcomed to delete this thread.

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-01-2011, 11:06 AM
Rob, I know I'm complaining here, but I do want to thank you for your help. No kind deed goes unpunished? I do wish, however, that you had just let me know that you had contacted FNH twice. That would have been great to know.

You're welcomed to delete this thread.

Joe- we don't see any reason to delete this thread unless you want to for some reason. Ideally e-mail, phone calls or direct contact in our stores is the best way to handle specific customer service issues but using this forum via PM or direct posting is certainly a alternative.

Rob let you know that he (and our buyer, actually) had reminded FNH that the replacement rifle needed mods and you in turn let Rob know what your communication expectations were and how you thought things could have gone smoother. That direct type of feedback is needed for us to continue to push things forward, so unless you feel otherwise, there's nothing in this thread that makes us feel that we'd want to delete it.

JoeinLA
11-01-2011, 11:13 AM
OK, thanks.