PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys do gunsmithing/AR upper assembly?

Batman
10-29-2011, 12:23 PM
I've got an AR kit that I need the upper assembled and head spaced. Is that something you guys can do, and if so what do you charge? Thanks!

Riflegear
10-29-2011, 2:37 PM
The upper will be $35 to assemble. As for headspacing we can CHECK the headspace for you for an additional $10. But if the barrel is from a reputable manufacturer it shouldn't be necessary at all.

http://www.riflegear.com/c-120-gunsmith-services.aspx

LBDamned
10-30-2011, 8:46 AM
I was in yesterday (small shop, but very well organized and extremely good customer service - nice & friendly)... anyway, I picked up a convertible buttet button and went to install on S&W M&P 15 sport - apparently S&W epoxies or some other method of thrying to make the original BB permanent.

So the question is - can you guys remove and install?... typically its a super simple DIY, but I broke one of the prongs on my BB wrench, and trying to using a small flat head screw driver - it wont budge... hoping you have something stout that can get the OEM bullet button out.

Otherwise, I'll have to return the Radlock I got :( - what is the return policy btw? Also, I got a 4 prong front sight post adjustment tool and actually need 5 prong (I have 4 prong already - recently installed A1 tritium post and need 5 prong)... do you have the 5 prong in stock, and can I straight exchange?

shark92651
10-30-2011, 8:46 PM
Loc-tite - the manufacturers like to slather WAY too much on making removal a real pain. I have a steel bit that can usually get it out after applying some heat to it. In worse case scenarios it requires it to be cut out, which destroys the BB.

LBDamned
10-31-2011, 6:04 AM
Loc-tite - the manufacturers like to slather WAY too much on making removal a real pain. I have a steel bit that can usually get it out after applying some heat to it. In worse case scenarios it requires it to be cut out, which destroys the BB.

Thanks for the response... how much will you charge for removal?

shark92651
10-31-2011, 2:34 PM
$20 if it requires cutting or a good bit of effort. If it comes out easily enough, then we will do it gratis if you are buying the BB from us.

LBDamned
10-31-2011, 6:33 PM
$20 if it requires cutting or a good bit of effort. If it comes out easily enough, then we will do it gratis if you are buying the BB from us.

thanks... I already bought the BB (from you)... I'll bring it in - maybe tomorrow (or sometime this week)... anyone specific I should ask for?

I guess this should be PM now that's it's kinda off topic...

LBDamned
11-02-2011, 7:00 PM
they may not do typical gunsmithing, but I took my AR in today to have stubborn bullet button (from M&P15) removed and install Radlock convertible (that I purchased from them over the weekend)... very polite and friendly customer service (again) - and swift swap of bullet buttons free of charge.

The customer service and overall vibe at this place is among the best I've encountered at a gun shop (and I've been to all of 'em in the area)... I will definitely return and recommend!

proclone1
11-04-2011, 8:39 AM
A few weeks ago I took my AR15 I purchased in the heady Obama-election days of way-overpriced AR's (my fault, I know) from J&J Armory. Anyways, I wanted to take all the tacticool stuff off there (Larue Rail system, etc) and just go to a straight vanilla m4gery.

Riflegear was as usual extremely helpful, and David was very patient and went out of his way to work with me to change out the mid-upper to a carbine-upper system and worked with the compatible parts I had (not many!). Extremely happy with the price and the service, and the end result, thanks!!