PDA

View Full Version : Legally Armed Citizen Course

Outta Control
10-27-2011, 5:52 PM
I am looking to hold a class in this subject. I have a friend that is a is a court certified expert in Illegal Weapons, and serves as a subject matter expert for the State of California in the areas of Firearms. I would like to know if any one would like to participate in this course. I am looking to set this class up early next year. Let's hear it.

00Medic
10-27-2011, 5:58 PM
I would love to take a course like this. Where might this take place?

owenriquez
10-27-2011, 6:02 PM
same here, as long as this is going to be held in Daly City...

Outta Control
10-27-2011, 6:39 PM
same here, as long as this is going to be held in Daly City...

Most likely it will be in Hayward.

Twiggz
10-27-2011, 7:59 PM
I'd go as long as I'm free of family commitments and work.

watsonville
10-27-2011, 10:10 PM
Id go if I was closer like fremont

Support the nra

CapS
10-27-2011, 10:36 PM
If the first one is a success, perhaps you can consider a second class on the other side of the Bay.
:oji:
Cap

Outta Control
10-28-2011, 7:54 AM
My friend actually does these a lot so the success part is mute. I just wanted to set up a special CG one.

Revulshawn
10-28-2011, 10:12 AM
If the first one is a success, perhaps you can consider a second class on the other side of the Bay.
:oji:
Cap

I heard about this cool new rail system called BART...;)

Glock22Fan
10-28-2011, 11:31 AM
My friend actually does these a lot so the success part is mute. I just wanted to set up a special CG one.

I think you mean "moot." Mute would have a very different meaning.

Connor P Price
10-28-2011, 11:40 AM
I think you mean "moot." Mute would have a very different meaning.

Probably the biggest collective pet peeve in the 2A forum. lol

Anyway, regarding the course, what will it teach? I don't mean to sound like a naysayer but the average poster in the 2A forum has a pretty good understanding of the legalities of being an armed citizen (or falsely believes they do and therefore wouldn't be interested.) So what will people be learning here?

chris12
10-28-2011, 1:04 PM
I'm interested in more details.

Outta Control
10-28-2011, 1:41 PM
I'm interested in more details.

"An all encompassing Use of Force course for civilians. This course covers all levels of appropriate force, doctrine of life over property, Reasonable Person standard, interacting with arriving law enforcement, Castle law, potential ramifications of deadly force application, and Use of Force attorney referrals. Each presentation varies, depending on current California case law. Legally Armed Citizen takes place entirely in the classroom, combining a mixture of lecture, video and group discussion."

Paladin
10-28-2011, 9:37 PM
"An all encompassing Use of Force course for civilians. This course covers all levels of appropriate force, doctrine of life over property, Reasonable Person standard, interacting with arriving law enforcement, Castle law, potential ramifications of deadly force application, and Use of Force attorney referrals. Each presentation varies, depending on current California case law. Legally Armed Citizen takes place entirely in the classroom, combining a mixture of lecture, video and group discussion."

This sounds like something that belongs in the License to Carry Training Announcements (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=212) or General Gun forum, rather than the 2nd A Related Legal (litigation) & Political (legislation) Discussion forum.

Outta Control
10-28-2011, 10:07 PM
Maybe so. Did not see forum.

DeanW66
10-29-2011, 1:56 PM
I'm a little interested with a weird/varied schedule though. So, time/date and cost would affect my decision.

cranemech
12-24-2011, 9:45 PM
I'm interested contingent on date and cost of class. PM's after details are firmed up?

bigfrank
12-25-2011, 10:09 AM
Anymore details on this class. I would travel to the bay area to take it for the added experience.

kaligaran
01-13-2012, 11:25 AM
Are you planning on covering details that aren't in the county classes or is this more of a casual discussion with more practical examples and how the laws works for them?

Depending on date/cost, I'm very interested.