PDA

View Full Version : Just picked up my 1st OLL!

MFortie
02-15-2007, 3:30 PM
Picked up my first OLL today from Bright Spot in Riverside. It's a Double Star. Also have a lower parts kit and a bolt on mag conversion, now I just need an upper!

Since I'm planning a lefty I want a Stag 3HL; the Del Mar Crossroads gunshow is this weekend -- think I'll have any luck finding a Stag 3HL at the show? I see 10% has them for $470 and that's where I'd buy from if I wasn't so anxious!!!!

Also, what would be a recommended buttstock while I wait for MagPul to release the UBR?

Thanks,

Mark

azn_wrx
02-15-2007, 3:33 PM
Have you ever fired an AR?
Personally I dont find it any different shooting a Left v. Right and im a lefty.
Its more of a preference. The triangle guard for the most part will prevent brass from hitting you in the face. Then again theres always the factor of being different. Too bad you didnt go to Costa Mesa, Hector had 3H's for $380

Im sure you wont have any problems finding a 3HL, its just a matter of how much you are willing to pay for it :P

Geoffkoop
02-15-2007, 3:36 PM
Have you ever fired an AR?
Personally I dont find it any different shooting a Left v. Right and im a lefty.
Its more of a preference. The triangle guard for the most part will prevent brass from hitting you in the face. Then again theres always the factor of being different. Too bad you didnt go to Costa Mesa, Hector had 3H's for $380 :P

Costa Mesa is having the show in March again...
Your stoked on your OLL! I get my first OLL in about 10 days...so anxious!

azn_wrx
02-15-2007, 3:37 PM
Yea but it was a CalGun's sale :D

Geoffkoop
02-15-2007, 3:51 PM
Yea but it was a CalGun's sale :D

I see:eek:

pksbshp
02-15-2007, 3:55 PM
Congratulations Mfortie! My first OLL was a double star, I wasn't really sure of that brand, cause I never heard of it but it turned out to be an exellent lower, nice finish, fit and function. I'm sure you'll be happy with it, just be careful installing the front pivot pin detent and spring!!~!!!! It might shoot itself into the twilight zone with all the other lost detents and springs.:D

DRM6000
02-15-2007, 4:06 PM
chris of lan world has the 3hl for $455. he's a good guy and helping out us californians.

http://www.lanworldinc.com/Uppers.htm

Picked up my first OLL today from Bright Spot in Riverside. It's a Double Star. Also have a lower parts kit and a bolt on mag conversion, now I just need an upper!

Since I'm planning a lefty I want a Stag 3HL; the Del Mar Crossroads gunshow is this weekend -- think I'll have any luck finding a Stag 3HL at the show? I see 10% has them for $470 and that's where I'd buy from if I wasn't so anxious!!!!

Also, what would be a recommended buttstock while I wait for MagPul to release the UBR?

Thanks,

Mark

Cbieling
02-15-2007, 4:10 PM
I was just going to say I can get you that upper in stock in less then a week.

Thanks
Chris

That would be DRM6000 :-)

goldfinger
02-15-2007, 4:11 PM
im excited too. i'll be picking my 1st OLL tomorrow at irvington arms in fremont. i got the parts kit already. the stock & magazine is in the mail. i'll probably go with a stag upper. by the way, ive got a cmmg lower. good thing tax refund on its way.

thomye
02-15-2007, 4:22 PM
i just ordered my 2HT stag upper from LAN World too.

http://www.lanworldinc.com/2ht.gif

Can't wait to get it. Even with shipping, i saved $75+. my local dealer had it for $699 plus tax (8.25%). Damn, $625 is a deal if you ask me. No tax and shipping was $20 with 2 lowers kits.

Careful at Crossroads, i went to the Orange Country Faregrounds and it wasn't all that good. Mostly cuz everything was more expensive than you could find online. Maybe they like haggling, i'm not much for that so i go straight for the straight shooters.

Almost forgot, congrats on the OLL. Good luck on the upper. This whole AR thing is a little adicting cuz soo many guys on this site have such awesome setups. makes me want to copy all of them.

grammaton76
02-15-2007, 4:29 PM
Since I'm planning a lefty I want a Stag 3HL; the Del Mar Crossroads gunshow is this weekend -- think I'll have any luck finding a Stag 3HL at the show?

I bet you can call up CWS and pay for it online, then pick it up at the show... that would guarantee you get it if we've got it in stock.

mtnguy
02-15-2007, 7:04 PM
what's an OLL ?

thomye
02-15-2007, 7:13 PM
Off List Lower...

not sure if you were being serious or not. i didn't konw since my friends and i call it HSR (homeland security rifles as a joke).

shark92651
02-15-2007, 8:18 PM

Thanks,

Mark

If you want a simple stock that you are just going to replace with a UBR when they are available then just buy a used A2-style stock on eBay. I bought a bare A2 for under $10. I also have a bare original A1 stock (no trap door) that I could let go for cheap. PM me if interested.