PDA

View Full Version : Gun Warranty Replacement Process?

JoeinLA
10-27-2011, 7:27 AM
Hello, I've sent Rob a couple emails about this without a clear response, so hopefully, I can get some guidance here.

1. As you may recall, my FS2000 is being replaced under warranty (with the Tactical model, as they no longer make the other model with the optic). As we've communicated, i wont have to pay the DROS fee again, so thanks very much for that. I was wondering, also, how the CA modifications will be done - will FNH do this, or will Turners? Just want to make sure that this isnt a problem. At least as of several weeks ago, FNH hasnt shipped out the new FS2000 as they're waiting for the next shipment to arrive, which should be any time now. As I've been without the gun (and never even fired it) for 2 or 3 months, it would be nice to know that there wont be any more hang ups, or, if there will be an issue, that it can be addressed proactively rather than losing more and more weeks trying to figure it out ad hoc.

2. A second gun that my wife purchased from Turners, a S&W 22a, was sent back (this time I worked directly with S&W since it seemed like a bit of extra work to go through the local Turners store). It, too, is being replaced. S&W has asked that the FFL fax in their information so they can ship out the replacement. I emailed Rob re: getting that done. While he did say that I should have it shipped to my local Turner's (Reseda), he didnt confirm whether he would fax in the appropriate information, nor did he ask me any details of the situation so I'm not sure how he would have been able to actually help with this return (though I'm sure he could have looked up my information in your systems, which might be why he didnt ask). This has been with S&W for 5 weeks, so I'd like to get things moving to get this back. Also, am I correct in assuming the DROS for this new replacement gun will also be covered (as with the FS2000)?

Thanks.

Turner's Outdoorsman
10-27-2011, 10:39 AM
Hello, I've sent Rob a couple emails about this without a clear response, so hopefully, I can get some guidance here.

1. As you may recall, my FS2000 is being replaced under warranty (with the Tactical model, as they no longer make the other model with the optic). As we've communicated, i wont have to pay the DROS fee again, so thanks very much for that. I was wondering, also, how the CA modifications will be done - will FNH do this, or will Turners? Just want to make sure that this isnt a problem. At least as of several weeks ago, FNH hasnt shipped out the new FS2000 as they're waiting for the next shipment to arrive, which should be any time now. As I've been without the gun (and never even fired it) for 2 or 3 months, it would be nice to know that there wont be any more hang ups, or, if there will be an issue, that it can be addressed proactively rather than losing more and more weeks trying to figure it out ad hoc.

2. A second gun that my wife purchased from Turners, a S&W 22a, was sent back (this time I worked directly with S&W since it seemed like a bit of extra work to go through the local Turners store). It, too, is being replaced. S&W has asked that the FFL fax in their information so they can ship out the replacement. I emailed Rob re: getting that done. While he did say that I should have it shipped to my local Turner's (Reseda), he didnt confirm whether he would fax in the appropriate information, nor did he ask me any details of the situation so I'm not sure how he would have been able to actually help with this return (though I'm sure he could have looked up my information in your systems, which might be why he didnt ask). This has been with S&W for 5 weeks, so I'd like to get things moving to get this back. Also, am I correct in assuming the DROS for this new replacement gun will also be covered (as with the FS2000)?

Thanks.

We'll have Rob work with you on each of these questions and you are correct that we'll cover the DROS on the replacement S&W as we have done with the FN.