View Full Version : Military in CA can buy Caspian Products?

02-15-2007, 11:47 AM
I learned on the Caspian Arms site that as a military person stationed in CA I can purchase Caspian Arms frames & pistols. I've never heard that before. Their website has a form that provides the following language (from FFL to Caspian Arms):

Pursuant to California’s 2001 DANGEROUS WEAPONS CONTROL ACT, Chapter 1.3 Unsafe Handguns, section 12125, subdivision 4, I hereby declare that the Caspian Arms pistol receiver(s) I am purchasing are to be legally transferred to sworn member of Law Enforcement or the Military as described in subdivision 4.

I was thinking I had to buy all this stuff before heading to Cali. I'll have to look up the cite, but I imagine I should be able to buy other stuff otherwise not available for sale (kel-tecs, etc.).

Am I missing something here?

By the way, I haven't seen anyone mention needing nice Dan Wesson revolvers in CA. Do you have plenty of nice ones ("Monson") to buy out there?

02-15-2007, 12:35 PM
I think they mean the military itself can purchase their products not individual members, but im no cali gun law expert either.

02-15-2007, 5:56 PM
That's standard boilerplate for agency purchase. It's not in regards to personal weapons.

02-16-2007, 7:12 AM
That's pretty much what Caspian confirmed to me - I can buy everything BUT the receiver. Oh well, I guess I better start buying now while I have time. Thanks for all the input. Scott