PDA

View Full Version : Colt M4 Rifles- CGN Member's Only Pre-Sale

Turner's Outdoorsman
10-26-2011, 12:51 PM
Christmas in October!

We have these rifles on order and we should have them in stock by Mid-November.

Starting today, we'll take deposits from Calguns.net members and we'll write those deposits at our Christmas Flyer price!

* Flattop with detachable carry handle *Colt Super-Stoc
* 5.56 chamber
* 16" chrome lined 1-7 twist barrel
* All Critical Components Mil-Spec Just like DOD Issue Colt M4
* Fixed Magazine (9-rounds)
* #6920CA

Regularly $1249.99
CGN Preview Price- $1169.98 Save $80

http://www.turners.com/calguns/images/Colt 6920CAs.jpg

* Colt's new monolithic upper receiver *Colt Super-Stoc
* 5.56 chamber
* #6940CA

Regularly $1599.99
CGN Preview Price- $1499.98 Save $100

http://www.turners.com/calguns/images/Colt 6940.jpg

GM4spd
10-26-2011, 1:32 PM
What number do we call? Thanks Pete

Turner's Outdoorsman
10-26-2011, 2:40 PM
What number do we call? Thanks Pete

For the most part we can only do this in-person in our stores.

PM Sent.

CHS
10-26-2011, 2:51 PM
9 rounds? What?

acaligunner
10-26-2011, 3:14 PM
I believe colt rifles are shipped with 9 round magazines.

cannon
10-26-2011, 4:17 PM
Where do I go. Who do I talk to. What do I say to get my order in and the discount?

speeedracerr
10-26-2011, 10:29 PM
Wow... thats wonderful! By any chance will Turners be offering COLT off-list Stripped Lowers in the near future? Thanks :D

stitchnicklas
10-26-2011, 11:29 PM
Wow... thats wonderful! By any chance will Turners be offering COLT off-list Stripped Lowers in the near future? Thanks :D

^
this

Turner's Outdoorsman
10-27-2011, 10:15 AM
9 rounds? What?

I believe colt rifles are shipped with 9 round magazines.

... and you thought we were conservative... :D

Yep, it's a Colt thing- maybe they're thinking along the lines of 9+1=10 for us poor CA folks.

Turner's Outdoorsman
10-27-2011, 10:16 AM
Where do I go. Who do I talk to. What do I say to get my order in and the discount?

Pop into any store and they'll get you set up. We've let our stores know that we're offering CGN members first shot at these and at our flyer pricing.

Turner's Outdoorsman
10-27-2011, 10:17 AM

^
this

We don't know yet but we'll see; if they offer them, we will.

seainc
10-27-2011, 10:32 AM
How much is the deposit? Special is good till? Thanks

Turner's Outdoorsman
10-27-2011, 10:52 AM
How much is the deposit? Special is good till? Thanks

30% deposit (total price plus tax, DROS). You can pay it off when we get them or no later than 30 days if you're going to take advantage of layaway.

The offer is good for CGN member's only until our Christmas flyer breaks at which time the price will be good for everyone until the end of the flyer usually the week after Christmas.

cannon
10-27-2011, 11:33 AM
Pop into any store and they'll get you set up. We've let our stores know that we're offering CGN members first shot at these and at our flyer pricing.

I'll be in the Pasadena store on Monday. thanks.

beemaze
10-27-2011, 3:17 PM
Are these the SP6920 and SP6940 respectively?

What is the model designation on the left side of the receiver?

Are the right side of the receivers for these two different models marked as such:
"RESTRICTED MILITARY/LAW ENFORCEMENT/GOVERNMENT/EXPORT USE ONLY?"

Is that a Colt factory buttstock?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Thank You.

Turner's Outdoorsman
10-27-2011, 3:34 PM
Are these the SP6920 and SP6940 respectively?

What is the model designation on the left side of the receiver?

Are the right side of the receivers for these two different models marked as such:
"RESTRICTED MILITARY/LAW ENFORCEMENT/GOVERNMENT/EXPORT USE ONLY?"

Is that a Colt factory buttstock?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Thank You.

Part numbers are SP6920CA and SP6940CA- these part numbers are not listed in the Kasler list.

The rifles are marked Colt M-4; not Match Target, AR-15 nor Sporter.

Nor are they marked Law Enforcement, etc. so these are not the Law Enforcement (6920) model that is also called out on Kasler.

Frankly, what Colt finally decided to do was to follow the lead paved by other factories (and Calgunners :)) and produce an OLL receiver and build it into a fixed magazine rifle.

The buttstock is the Rogers Super-stoc, OEM for Colt on these two models.

lasarmas
10-27-2011, 4:07 PM
I'm a newbie when it comes to buying weapons, I always throught Colt was banned by name in CA. At least thats what the guy at the counter at Turners told me and what it said on Wikipedia lol. I will probably buy one of these.

beemaze
10-27-2011, 4:20 PM
Part numbers are SP6920CA and SP6940CA- these part numbers are not listed in the Kasler list.

The rifles are marked Colt M-4; not Match Target, AR-15 nor Sporter.

Nor are they marked Law Enforcement, etc. so these are not the Law Enforcement (6920) model that is also called out on Kasler.

Frankly, what Colt finally decided to do was to follow the lead paved by other factories (and Calgunners :)) and produce an OLL receiver and build it into a fixed magazine rifle.

The buttstock is the Rogers Super-stoc, OEM for Colt on these two models.

Great Info thanks!

Before this, the only CA legal Colt marked AR's were the LE6720 and LE6940.

OIF_VET
10-27-2011, 4:43 PM
Did mine at the Reseda store today.

QuarterBoreGunner
10-27-2011, 6:50 PM
Wow, look at Colt make a *good* business decision for once.

I hope you sell a ton of these.

Moving Chicane
10-27-2011, 9:27 PM
I like these and feel one may be in my future; something about the "Colt" name giving it more meaning to me.....nothing really solid, but we all have some sort of reasoning. Would be my first in this form factor as well.

But at the cost point, could anyone volunteer a comment (or more) on the quality/reliability difference I might expect between one of these and a Sig 556 or Daniel Defense type AR? TIA.

dshortone
10-27-2011, 9:41 PM
Any plans of bringing the SP901 into the store?

cannon
10-27-2011, 10:35 PM
Does "fixed magazine" mean bullet button?

lasarmas
10-27-2011, 11:33 PM
What is the real difference between the two rifles besides the forward grip and rear site? I cant justify spending $330 more for just those two items.

Turner's Outdoorsman
10-28-2011, 9:18 AM
Any plans of bringing the SP901 into the store?

We'll see what Colt offers down the road.

Does "fixed magazine" mean bullet button?

Yes; the magazine can only be removed with use of a tool.

What is the real difference between the two rifles besides the forward grip and rear site? I cant justify spending $330 more for just those two items.

The upper on the pricier rifle is monolithic-like similar to some of the Daniel Defense models you may be familiar with.

CLIFF
10-28-2011, 1:40 PM
Well its time to cross out people from my Christmas list for this Colt. :devil2:

beemaze
10-28-2011, 3:56 PM

Folding front and rear (Matech?) sights. Flat top one piece rail and monolithic upper makes for greater inherent accuracy. Yea, it's worth it. Standard M4 uppers are a dime a dozen. Only a handful of manufacturers bother to make a monolithic upper.

Christmas is coming :44: a bit early this year!

cannon
10-29-2011, 3:13 PM
Did mine at the Reseda store today.

How much did you have to put down?

titan
10-29-2011, 3:41 PM
Are these using a "bullet button" or is this some Colt non-reverseable mag lock? I would like to be able to go back to a regualar set up when I retire and move to AZ.

OIF_VET
10-29-2011, 6:12 PM
How much did you have to put down?

30% + DROS = $390.84

Moving Chicane
10-29-2011, 7:52 PM
Deposit on 6940CA today in Reseda; "Minimum Deposit" was $498.50.....

Hoping this comes in soon! :cool:

Turner's Outdoorsman
10-31-2011, 11:42 AM
Are these using a "bullet button" or is this some Colt non-reverseable mag lock? I would like to be able to go back to a regualar set up when I retire and move to AZ.

They are using a "bullet-button" device that may be replaced for use in states where it is not required.

cannon
10-31-2011, 11:42 AM
Stopped into Pasadena this morning and placed my order.

Asked the counter guy when they would be coming in and he said. "mid November so about two weeks."

He then looked up from the screen and said. "I just said two weeks, huh? Guess that means by Christmas."

Laughed my butt off.

Counter guy Marion was top notch across the board.

All in all it went well except see the Turners rant thread.

Moving Chicane
10-31-2011, 2:19 PM
Safe to assume you have also ordered (and will receive) spare magazines for these, and will give pre-order patrons a first right of refusal?

discoed
10-31-2011, 7:37 PM
Turners!!! What are you doing to me. My work is going to have to send my check straight to you! lol... Thanks for the good deals.

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-01-2011, 10:54 AM
Safe to assume you have also ordered (and will receive) spare magazines for these, and will give pre-order patrons a first right of refusal?

Standard (CA-legal, of course) AR mags work; we've got plenty.

Toolfreak66
11-02-2011, 9:37 PM
The stocks in your pictures are different than those found anywhere else on the internet when searching those part numbers. Are those the stocks that come with them? If so, what kind are they?

WDE91
11-02-2011, 10:05 PM
YES YES YES :43:

This is a total up yours to California
ban a couple simple letters and numbers
change them up and bring them back in

Havoc1726
11-02-2011, 10:47 PM
Hot damn, I can't decide which one to get! Any members out there have any advice? I'm leaning towards the 6920 and buying a new upper later

speeedracerr
11-03-2011, 12:30 AM
Hot damn, I can't decide which one to get! Any members out there have any advice? I'm leaning towards the 6920 and buying a new upper later

If it were me... I'd definitely go with the monolithic upper for a few hundred more! Usually these monolithic's themselves can go for $1k.

I personally purchased the LE6940 upper from M4Strore.net which I think maybe the same as the CA6940.

Wished these rifles came out sooner else I would have bought the whole rifle instead.

Havoc1726
11-03-2011, 1:10 AM
Thanks for the advice speeedracerr. I've seen other cheaper ARs that just don't seem up to snuff, I'm hoping this one is as incredible as it looks.

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-03-2011, 8:22 AM
The stocks in your pictures are different than those found anywhere else on the internet when searching those part numbers. Are those the stocks that come with them? If so, what kind are they?

The stock on these rifles is the new Roger's Super Stoc (gen 3) that's been OEM'd for Colt.

"Colt recently replaced the tried and true M4 stock with their Colt Super-Stoc. Colt Defense and shooting intructor Bill Rogers worked together to design the new stock that weights in at just 6.56 ounces and sports a bunch of cool new features."

colt-super-stoc-features
http://www.turners.com/calguns/images/colt-super-stoc-features.jpg

Rogers Shooting School- Super-Stoc (http://youtu.be/YKklTECMPx8)

"From the Colt press release:

"Colt Defense and Bill Rogers have teamed up to engineer the most advanced, third generation of the Super-Stoc, using innovative technologies and proprietary materials. Designed to be as lightweight as possible while maintaining durability, the Colt Super-Stoc weighs 6.56 ounces, ranking it among the lightest stocks available. The stock is designed specifically for the new Colt rifles to give an unequaled fit and survivability during the most extreme conditions.

“The Colt Super-Stoc is one of the lightest, strongest and most secure collapsible stocks for the M4/AR series of weapons,” said Bill Rogers, chief shooting instructor, Rogers Shooting School. “Our partnership with Colt was a no-brainer. We want the highest quality rifle in the world to be outfitted with the world’s newest and most technologically advanced stocks available.

"A unique Cam-Lock system is a new design feature that, when operated, securely locks onto the buffer tube like a solid stock. This Cam-Lock system completely removes any slop or play commonly inherent with aftermarket collapsible stocks as well as eliminating any movement due to wear. The Cam-Lock lever also features a convenient reversible design, enabling the user to customize his or her stock to suit the desired preference. Other features include a removable recoil pad, sling loop, quick detach swivel sling mount and Quick Release lever which unlocks the Cam-Lock and indexing pin with one motion.

"The original M4 buttstock will still be made available to commercial and law enforcement customers by Colt Defense. For more information on the new Colt Super-Stoc or Colt’s classic M4 stock, please visit Colt.com."

We've carried the Rogers Super-Stoc for a few months now; most stores should have them available.

seainc
11-05-2011, 12:17 PM
Is this Colt a piston system? Thanks

* Colt's new monolithic upper receiver *Colt Super-Stoc
* 5.56 chamber
* #6940CA

Regularly $1599.99
CGN Preview Price- $1499.98 Save $100

http://www.turners.com/calguns/images/Colt 6940.jpg[/QUOTE]

CHS
11-05-2011, 12:34 PM

Colt doesn't make a piston gun. It's just a railed monolithic upper.

2600fromAtari
11-05-2011, 12:51 PM
Colt doesn't make a piston gun. It's just a railed monolithic upper.

Actually they have made one, it's just not available for sale to us yet. The models will be designated with a "P".

http://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/Default.aspx?item=LE6940P
http://i788.photobucket.com/albums/yy166/Infidel74/ColtLE.jpg

There are some talks about it on the ar15 forums.

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-06-2011, 9:58 AM

Not this one.

Actually they have made one, it's just not available for sale to us yet. The models will be designated with a "P".

There are some talks about it on the ar15 forums.

We haven't heard if they have a release date for this gun to commercial dealers, let alone a CA version.

2600fromAtari
11-06-2011, 12:26 PM
Not this one.

We haven't heard if they have a release date for this gun to commercial dealers, let alone a CA version.

They are supposedly not releasing it until they have a firm order for 300 rifles according to the dudes at ar15.com. Can't say that's fact or fiction though.

seainc
11-07-2011, 1:03 AM
Can you include two mags for CGN member. Thanks :)

seainc
11-07-2011, 1:05 AM
Colt Advanced Piston System
http://www.colt.com/ColtLawEnforcement/Products/ColtAdvancedPistonSystem.aspx

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-07-2011, 10:50 AM
Can you include two mags for CGN member. Thanks :)

The rifle ships with two Colt 9-round mags...

BTW, we'll have Bushmaster 10rd mags for $12.98 (Limit 2; we want everyone to get a shot at these) for Black Friday!

phil conrad
11-07-2011, 6:22 PM
Are you still thinking mid November delivery ? Thanks.

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-08-2011, 10:57 AM
Are you still thinking mid November delivery ? Thanks.

Yes; they are on the road and should be here any day.

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-08-2011, 12:51 PM
Colt 6920's are here today!

We'll fill deposits first and extra guns are available for sale once those deposits are filled.

phil conrad
11-08-2011, 12:55 PM
Can they do these in Reseda ?

Moving Chicane
11-08-2011, 1:12 PM

We'll fill deposits first and extra guns are available for sale once those deposits are filled.

So I have to ask: What about the 6940's? And if we get too far into/past November, what is the deposit refund policy on these?

TIA.

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-08-2011, 1:49 PM
Can they do these in Reseda ?

YES!

m3zona
11-08-2011, 1:50 PM
I put a deposit down on a 6920 at the Corona store last night. They weren't aware of the CGN pricing so I showed the CGN posting on my iPhone.

The pricing was honored and I was happy. Good shopping experience with Larry at the gun counter. Customer service has definitely improved at this store along with a nice collection of black rifles and pistols.

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-08-2011, 1:51 PM
So I have to ask: What about the 6940's? And if we get too far into/past November, what is the deposit refund policy on these?

TIA.

6940's should be here in November as well. There is no cancellation charge for cancelling an order wherein we don't have the gun in stock.

Moving Chicane
11-08-2011, 1:53 PM
6940's should be here in November as well.

Thanks. Your killin' me with the "should be here in November!" ;)

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-08-2011, 2:07 PM
Thanks. Your killin' me with the "should be here in November!" ;)

Trust us, we lose more sleep over factories/importers/distributors/reps promising product on a given date... especially when you're putting together a 40 pg flyer that's going to the printer just after Halloween.

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-08-2011, 2:11 PM
Just arrived!

Colt Accurized Rifle (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=7464281&postcount=8)

seainc
11-08-2011, 4:36 PM
I like to get one of each but don't want to pay DROS fee twice, what can I do? I like to buy them in Corona store. Thanks

cannon
11-08-2011, 7:29 PM

Woo and Hoo!

When will the Pasadena Store get mine?

speeedracerr
11-09-2011, 3:11 AM
Just wondering... Is this 6940CA the same exact specs as the LE6940? Does this come with Matec BUIS? etc. thanks...

BTW: When is the last day for CGNers to leave a deposit on this sweet deal?

cannon
11-09-2011, 8:01 AM
Woo and Hoo!

HEY! I asked this question 12 hours ago at 7:30 last night and still no answer?

Lousy Turners not answering my emails in the middle of the night. :)

Can you tell I didn't handle waiting for Christmas well as a child?

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-09-2011, 8:55 AM
I like to get one of each but don't want to pay DROS fee twice, what can I do? I like to buy them in Corona store. Thanks

PM sent, to clarify ...

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-09-2011, 8:58 AM
Just wondering... Is this 6940CA the same exact specs as the LE6940? Does this come with Matec BUIS? etc. thanks...

6940CA specs:

Monolithic Upper
Rogers Super-Stoc
16" Chrome lined, 1-7" twist
Gas-Block Mounted Front Flip-up sight w/bayonet lug
Matech Back-up Rear Sight

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-09-2011, 9:01 AM
Woo and Hoo!

We don't know- who are you? I guess we should have you guys start using your Calguns screen names on layaways- :D

HEY! I asked this question 12 hours ago at 7:30 last night and still no answer?

Lousy Turners not answering my emails in the middle of the night. :)

Can you tell I didn't handle waiting for Christmas well as a child?

:sleeping:

PM Sent!

GM4spd
11-09-2011, 11:05 AM
Stopped at Hawthorne Blvd on my way to a job this AM--NO 6920s at
that store:(:(:(:( wanted to see it one time before I bought.Pete

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-09-2011, 11:25 AM
Stopped at Hawthorne Blvd on my way to a job this AM--NO 6920s at
that store:(:(:(:( wanted to see it one time before I bought.Pete

All stores will have 6720's this week; they were processed just before we started our pulling/shipping cycle.

6920's arrived after we started that cycle, so some stores may see 6920's this week but all stores will have them by mid-week next week.

Keep in mind that these will not be available at the flyer price for the general public until Black Friday, so you have time to get in and see the physical gun and still beat the mobs...

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-09-2011, 11:30 AM

Sorry we missed this earlier....

The CGN price is a head-start on the Christmas Flyer; once Black Friday rolls around everyone gets that price through Dec. 29th.

seainc
11-09-2011, 11:55 AM
any ETA on 6940? Thanks

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-09-2011, 2:55 PM
any ETA on 6940? Thanks

Nothing new; we'll get an update when they are en route and post it here.

bomb_on_bus
11-09-2011, 8:23 PM
Sweet!

Its been a while since I last bought a colt in CA! Might be time to get another one.

SideWinder11
11-10-2011, 1:02 AM
Here's info on the stock that comes with the CA models in case anyone was wondering

http://www.holsterops.com/rogers-super-stoc

http://www.rogersshootingschool.com/products/superstoc.php

cannon
11-10-2011, 7:17 AM
Years ago a law passed and I sold my perfectly legal up to then Colt AR 15 instead of registering it.

I have waited from then til now to buy an actual Colt rifle again.

Thanks to Turners for making the decision to put them on the shelves.

Thanks to Bill who has been promoting Turners and interfacing with us Calgunners providing info and answering questions. I appreciate his efforts.

Thanks to the guys at Turners Pasadena who processed my order for an M4 in a pleasant, fast no hassle manner and who called to tell me my rifle would be in the store on Tues.

In about 11 or 12 days I will be at the club with my new Colt rifle and a load of ammo. I may have to fill the flask with Red breast and get a cigar to celebrate the day I have been waiting for all these years.

Cheers

GM4spd
11-10-2011, 12:48 PM
Just came from the Reseda store and paid for my 6920-- pickup on the 20TH.

For some reason my rifle has the old style 4 pos stock not the new magpul,
(doesn't make any diff to me).Very nice lady waited on me,was very helpful
and knowledgeable. I have not been to Turner's a lot but have NEVER had
any problem at Reseda,Redondo,or Signal Hill!!

Turner's deserves a big hand for making these legal and available.As much
as I like Colt,I have been very leery of buying certain Colt lowers and not
having documentation as to what they were/are.

Pete

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-10-2011, 2:27 PM
Just came from the Reseda store and paid for my 6920-- pickup on the 20TH.

For some reason my rifle has the old style 4 pos stock not the new magpul,
(doesn't make any diff to me)....

Pete

These rifles- 6920CA and 6940CA are coming with the Roger's Super-Stoc; more info is here- Roger's Super-Stoc (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=7433470&postcount=42) . The description on the invoice refers to the first "ad copy" that was sent to us. Once we saw the first sample rifle, we realized they meant Roger's Super-Stoc. We will update the invoice description to reflect that.

BTW Colt will be offering a Magpul rifle sometime next year.

one of you guys in the front of the line needs to take an actual photo ...

:)

http://www.turners.com/calguns/images/Rogers_SuperStoc.jpg

seainc
11-10-2011, 4:12 PM
Bill, Please tell your buddy at Colt hurry up, make a 9mm rifle use same M4 receiver as 6920CA & 6940CA. Thanks

rorschach
11-12-2011, 5:41 PM
Great Info thanks!

Before this, the only CA legal Colt marked AR's were the LE6720 and LE6940.

Not exactly, the CR6724 (HBAR Elite) and de-NFA'd LE6921 (M4LE) are legal as well.

Good on you Turners! This might just attone for for all the FUD some of your hunting department employees have been spewing about black rifles over the last 5 years. Consider me sold on a 6920 whenever they come to Norwalk.

Boris
11-12-2011, 7:52 PM
Good on you Turners! This might just attone for for all the FUD some of your hunting department employees have been spewing about black rifles over the last 5 years.

Don't you just love a good complisult?

rorschach
11-13-2011, 8:13 PM
what do you expect from a video gaming clown? :shrug:

$30k+ spent at Turners in the last 10 years, I think I've earned the right to gripe.

Anyway, I handled a Colt today at the Covina store, it was exaclty the same as the CAR-A3 hbar elite with 24" barrel and full stock, but instead of the CAR-A3 markings, it has the new "COLT M4 CARBINE" markings. They didnt have the carbines in yet, but the gentleman behind the counter stated they will all have the M4 carbine rollmark.

Ironmany2k
11-14-2011, 1:49 PM
I went to the Rancho Cucamonga store and have to say it is a real nice store and I got to meet Bill and he showed me the rifle. I am very impressed with the rifle and am so glad to be owning a Colt M4 soon. The staff was very professional and courteous.

GM4spd
11-14-2011, 2:46 PM
Not exactly, the CR6724 (HBAR Elite) and de-NFA'd LE6921 (M4LE) are legal as well.

I'm not sure but if the 6724 has HBAR on the rcvr I do not believe it is ok.Pete

seainc
11-14-2011, 3:00 PM
Roll marks on CR6724 HBAR ELITE, so its legal.

http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/tt228/yen10579/Forum/pix292561194.jpg

joefrank64k
11-15-2011, 9:49 PM
I used a select-fire Colt CAR-15 w/14" barrel before I retired. I was always impressed with the quality of that rifle. I put thousands of rounds through it during training and NEVER had any issues. Rock solid all the way.

I have an LMT AR, along with the usual assortment of OLL builds (Spikes, CMMG, etc) but none of them have that certain "Colt-ness". Maybe it's just my mind playing tricks, but I've missed that certain something that Colts seem to have.

I imagine that I'll be buying one of these when I go to Turner's to pick-up my latest PPT buy. Welcome back to California, Colt! :D

seainc
11-16-2011, 11:20 AM
Does parts of original mag release included? Thanks

They are using a "bullet-button" device that may be replaced for use in states where it is not required.

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-16-2011, 3:12 PM

No; the rifle comes with a standard Colt package including two mags (one mag in the case of the 6720), instruction manual, web sling, and field cleaning goodies.

seainc
11-17-2011, 9:04 AM
ETA on 6940? Thanks

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-17-2011, 4:50 PM
ETA on 6940? Thanks

They tell us they shipped yesterday, so depending on shipping method it'd be nice to see them next week, but the holiday may hinder us a bit.

We'll post when they are physically here.

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-17-2011, 7:30 PM

Better check your holiday flyer..

For..?

No original mag release parts are included...

seainc
11-17-2011, 9:43 PM
I believe model in the flyer is 6920, comes with 2 mags so is 6940. Accurized 6720 comes with one mag but why only one?

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-18-2011, 8:40 AM
I believe model in the flyer is 6920, comes with 2 mags so is 6940. Accurized 6720 comes with one mag but why only one?

Guys- to clear this up- the 6920 and 6940 are both in the flyer and they both come with two Colt 9-roung mags and some other goodies as noted above.

The 6720 is NOT in the flyer but it was in your CGN special for last week and we noted that Colt ships it with a 1-piece scope ring set, plus just one mag, plus the other goodies-
Calguns.net Member's Only Special 11-11-2011 (http://www.turners.com/calguns/calgunspromo_2011-11-11.html). The 9-rd mag is not exactly desirable, yet it's not so expensive that it would change the price that radically if they included it for free or if they up-charged for it. But all the same it just comes with the one mag.

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-21-2011, 4:06 PM
Colt 6940's arrived in our warehouse today.

We will fill deposits first and then get them out to the stores.

All stores should have them by the middle of next week.

Moving Chicane
11-21-2011, 4:08 PM
Colt 6940's arrived in our warehouse today.

We will fill deposits first and then get them out to the stores.

All stores should have them by the middle of next week.

For those of us who already placed deposits, should we be waiting for a call or are we OK to go in and finalize at this time? (Sorry to ask, but I haven't been through this with you guys before).

TIA.

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-21-2011, 4:18 PM
For those of us who already placed deposits, should we be waiting for a call or are we OK to go in and finalize at this time? (Sorry to ask, but I haven't been through this with you guys before).

TIA.

The stores with deposits just received an e-mail notifying them with customer names and order numbers.

You can jump the gun and DROS your gun now or when they call, whatever works for you.

Dave07997S
11-21-2011, 7:46 PM
Went to the South Bay store..already sold out of the 6920..bummer. Ready to buy..checked all the stores and even the display ones were sold.

dave

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-21-2011, 8:35 PM
Went to the South Bay store..already sold out of the 6920..bummer. Ready to buy..checked all the stores and even the display ones were sold.

dave

We have more on the way; we'll take deposits, anytime that we go through an allocation, at the CGN (same as the Holiday Flyer Price) through December 29th.

beemaze
11-22-2011, 1:50 PM
My local Turner's called yesterday to let me know my 6940 pre-order had been assigned a serial number. I went in today to see if the actual rifle was in. It was not! Any idea when they will actually be available? I'm not going to start a DROS on a gun unless I can physically inspect the one I have been assigned. Need to make sure it's up to snuff!

Moving Chicane
11-22-2011, 1:53 PM
Any idea when they will actually be available?

Not sure which Turners is your local store, or if you are referring to the 6920 or 6940; but, my 6940 started its 10-day in Reseda this morning and I was told, accurately or not, that the stores should have them next Tuesday. YMMV. They did appear to have the 6720; didn't look for the 6920.

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-22-2011, 3:06 PM
My local Turner's called yesterday to let me know my 6940 pre-order had been assigned a serial number. I went in today to see if the actual rifle was in. It was not! Any idea when they will actually be available? I'm not going to start a DROS on a gun unless I can physically inspect the one I have been assigned. Need to make sure it's up to snuff!

6940's started leaving here this morning. Depending on the store and their delivery schedule, all stores will have them in stock by the middle of next week.

Based on the ones we've seen you'll be pleased with the job Colt's done on these rifles.

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-22-2011, 3:41 PM
Not sure which Turners is your local store, or if you are referring to the 6920 or 6940; but, my 6940 started its 10-day in Reseda this morning and I was told, accurately or not, that the stores should have them next Tuesday. YMMV. They did appear to have the 6720; didn't look for the 6920.

Correct; stores on the same route as Reseda will have 6940's on Tuesday.

6920's are re-ordered and are on the way; as mentioned above we will sell and/or take deposits at the CGN/Holiday Flyer price through Dec. 29th.

Most stores should have a 6720 on-hand.

Dave07997S
11-22-2011, 8:49 PM
Correct; stores on the same route as Reseda will have 6940's on Tuesday.

6920's are re-ordered and are on the way; as mentioned above we will sell and/or take deposits at the CGN/Holiday Flyer price through Dec. 29th.

Most stores should have a 6720 on-hand.

Any idea of an ETA?

Dave

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-23-2011, 9:54 AM
Any idea of an ETA?

Dave

6920's will leave Colt today or Monday. We'll let you know when they arrive.

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-23-2011, 7:29 PM
Alright, our CGN pre-sale is over effective tonight, but....

The good news is the same prices are in effect until Dec. 29th as part of our Christmas flyer! As stated a few times earlier, we'll continue to get orders in as we sell rifles so if you come in and we are temporarily out, no worries, we'll take a deposit towards the next shipment.

We'll keep those arrivals updated in our "NOW IN STOCK" thread.

Moving Chicane
12-02-2011, 3:37 PM
Now sitting at home (sick!) with my new SP6940CA - THANK YOU TURNERS!

Two questions to the broader audience:
1. Should an EOTECH mount right onto the firearm, or do I need some adapter plate/mount?
2. Can someone point to a link of how the stock sling is suppose to be installed?

TIA.

cannon
12-06-2011, 12:19 PM

1. Should an EOTECH mount right onto the firearm, or do I need some adapter plate/mount?
2. Can someone point to a link of how the stock sling is suppose to be installed?

TIA.

I'd like to know that myself.

speeedracerr
12-08-2011, 4:32 AM

TIA.

1. The EOTECH mounts will fit and should co-witness your BUIS just fine.

2. Your rifle may come with QD swivels which will mount on the side tac-rails on the handguard. The other end of the sling will fit right on the Rogers Superstoc. Of course, you have options if you want to add a sling plate

Moving Chicane
12-08-2011, 4:58 AM
Figured out the sling - thanks for the tip - but it's a case of what to do with so little (and no pictures!).

Cannon - QD (push-button fitting with metal loop) will insert into the barrel cover/rail on the left or right side right near the end (away from you). Either side is fine; I went left as I'm right handed....The fabric goes through the metal loop and then inserts itself into the "buckle" closest to itself. The other end of the fabric, at least for me, went through the plastic butt-stock loop on the top of the stock; then same "flip the fabric" and insert into the closest metal loop. Does this help? :o

I can post pictures, but it will be a day or two as I need to get back from Chicago first! :cool:

Moving Chicane
12-10-2011, 2:16 PM
Here you are - two pictures of how I mounted the provided sling (can't promise it is correct! LOL!).

speeedracerr
12-17-2011, 2:21 AM
Placed a deposit on this sometime last week, any ETA when the 6920CA will be in stock?

Turner's Outdoorsman
12-17-2011, 10:24 AM
Placed a deposit on this sometime last week, any ETA when the 6920CA will be in stock?

We'll call our rep on Monday and update you.

speeedracerr
12-17-2011, 4:58 PM
We'll call our rep on Monday and update you.

Thanks a bunch Bill :) Wishing you and your family Happy Holidays!!!

Turner's Outdoorsman
12-19-2011, 11:38 AM
Thanks a bunch Bill :) Wishing you and your family Happy Holidays!!!

Good news!

We have 6920's (standard rifle), 6940 (monolithic) and 6720's arriving this week!

speeedracerr
12-20-2011, 1:43 AM
Good news!

We have 6920's (standard rifle), 6940 (monolithic) and 6720's arriving this week!

Thanks Bill for the update! Can't wait to start the DROS :D