PDA

View Full Version : Fulton Lowers

thomye
02-14-2007, 11:32 PM
hey, am i mistaken or did the prices come down on the Fulton 308's? i swear it was in the $400's. my local shop had it up in the 4's too and i thought for sure coldwar was up there too. i just checked and it down to $335.

i think having kids messes with your brains. :eek:

Mssr. Eleganté
02-15-2007, 12:40 AM
You are not mistaken.

The Fulton Titan receivers started out at over $400. One month later they are $329.99.

That's how a free market works. Fulton made a guess at how much folks would be willing to spend for their new product. The market helped them correct their price.

adamsreeftank
02-15-2007, 12:44 AM
That's good news for me. Glad I waited.

Sydwaiz
02-15-2007, 6:00 AM
I'm waiting some more.

PIRATE14
02-15-2007, 6:52 AM
I'm waiting some more.

Don't wait cause the sale will end this weekend.....:(

thmpr
02-15-2007, 7:28 AM
Thanks Hector for being the first vendor to have these for us Californians!!!

pksbshp
02-15-2007, 7:38 AM
hey, am i mistaken or did the prices come down on the Fulton 308's? i swear it was in the $400's. my local shop had it up in the 4's too and i thought for sure coldwar was up there too. i just checked and it down to $335.

DAMN!!!! Your right the prices did come down....I got one from CWS a little over a week ago and got it for $435, I'm actually picking it up today, that's good but DAMNNN!!!!!:eek: :mad: :), Eh at least I got one!

PIRATE14
02-15-2007, 7:45 AM
IF I were you guys...........

I would try and buy a lower of some type every month........

The winds are a changing......:(

Hunter
02-15-2007, 7:45 AM

Just keep in mind that the .308 AR-10 receivers are $180 and less. So the DPMS / Fultons .308s still have room to come down. It only takes a little free market competition to push them down. The price action you have seen recently is the retail dealer's markups dropping from what they thought they could sell them for, evenutally you will see the wholesale price come down as well.

So far, we have seen in the last month Fultons selling at the following (in chronological order) starting with CWS - $436; then DD's Ranch $379; then Lan World $350 ; and now CWS $335..Nice trend!

Also it was posted in another thread that there will be another GB on the Fultons soon (hopefully lower!). The more sold, the lower the prices will drop, which is good as I want another one:D

tenpercentfirearms
02-15-2007, 7:56 AM
Just keep in mind that the .308 AR-10 receivers are $180 and less. So the DPMS / Fultons .308s still have room to come down.
Why is that? They are two completely different platforms. I don't know what it costs to make one, but I do know that DPMS receivers are more than $300 and the stripped .243 receivers are listed from DPMS for $399. I wouldn't get your hopes up that the DPMS and Fulton receivers will start getting down to the Armalite prices. DPMS has been selling their stripped lowers to free America for some time and their prices have stayed the same. Don't think an increased demand from California is going to reduce the prices on anything. When demand goes up, price might go up as well, not come down.

Cbieling
02-15-2007, 7:59 AM
I think in a week or so I will be having another group buy. I am not sure if the price will change much unless Fulton changes theirs. I usually only like to offer what is in stock and ready to ship. Since I know most of the manufacutures I usually don't have to wait very long.

Stayed tuned for more items....

Thanks,
Chris

DRM6000
02-15-2007, 8:31 AM
You are not mistaken.

The Fulton Titan receivers started out at over $400. One month later they are $329.99.

That's how a free market works. Fulton made a guess at how much folks would be willing to spend for their new product. The market helped them correct their price.

i don't think fulton adjusted their prices, but the vendors.

i can't remember if the fultons are only compatible with the dpms parts or they are made by dmps. you should see how much the dealer price and retail price on the dpms 308 lowers differ. even at those lower prices, nobody is going to miss a meal.

PIRATE14
02-15-2007, 8:43 AM
i don't think fulton adjusted their prices, but the vendors.

i can't remember if the fultons are only compatible with the dpms parts or they are made by dmps. you should see how much the dealer price and retail price on the dpms 308 lowers differ. even at those lower prices, nobody is going to miss a meal.

Don't forget we are paying FULTON for the lowers not getting them from DPMS........:(

ketec_owner
02-15-2007, 10:41 AM
I think it's great that prices have come down from what I considered as just plain rude prices to a very reasonable price. People voted with their wallets - it's the way it should be.

Fjold
02-15-2007, 11:12 AM
Is there any idea of when we can buy a different brand of 308 lower?

6172crew
02-15-2007, 12:25 PM
Is there any idea of when we can buy a different brand of 308 lower?
No kidding, was the Eagle arms .308 even made when the list came out?

I mean how can they list it if it wasnt made.

Call mine a C-AR10 I dont care.

blacklisted
02-15-2007, 12:26 PM
Is the POF-308 lower going to be released, or are they only going to be selling complete rifles?

DIG
02-15-2007, 1:32 PM
I think it's great that prices have come down from what I considered as just plain rude prices to a very reasonable price. People voted with their wallets - it's the way it should be.

exactly. over 400 for a stripped lower is shameless price gouging IMO. But hey, that's the way it is :rolleyes: Then again, I feel taken advantage of at the gas pump every time I pull up too.
I'm glad the prices are getting about where they should be. I realize that the citizens of PRK get charged the inherent 'CA OLL tax' by paying a bit extra than the free states. The GB was a nice price. So was the DPMS 308 lower I found for 247, so I ordered that one too :p

keep your eyes peeled in the shotgun news. i've seen some really fair prices, some but not all, will ship to CA. Good luck.

DIG
02-15-2007, 1:33 PM
Is the POF-308 lower going to be released, or are they only going to be selling complete rifles?

They told me sometime in May for the complete builds. I didn't get info on the reciever only.

grammaton76
02-15-2007, 3:15 PM
You guys have to bear in mind one part of the 'supply and demand' equation.

When the manufacturer KNOWS that the demand is going to exceed their supply, the manufacturer is GOING to charge more to the vendors. The vendors turn around and pass it on to folks, and of course the prices to the guy on the street are going to be higher. If you're the early adopter who's just gotta have the 308 when it gets out, you're going to pay a lot more, and people after you are going to have it cheaper.

Electronics are the same way... just ask anyone who paid $400 for a PS2 around release time (unless they paid way more to a scalper), or the guys who had to have a PS3 right away, so they bought the bundle pack for $999!

Once the manufacturer's ability to supply meets up with demand, prices come down to entice the market segment beyond the "early adopters" who're willing to fork out the cash. As demand at that price point goes down, and perhaps the manufacturer manages to get some of their tooling costs and overhead absorbed, the prices continue to go down.

Perhaps some of you folks think that forged AR lowers started out at release time, around $95 in present-day prices (i.e. adjusting for inflation)? Of course, also bear in mind that for the longest time, you didn't do stripped, you just bought a complete rifle, so it wasn't like lowers were something new to begin with.

I personally didn't buy any 308 AR lowers.

Cbieling
02-15-2007, 3:16 PM
List,

I will be offering the .308 POF very soon for the members of this board. I am working on some prices with POF as we speak. Stayed tuned. Yes May is when they will be starting to deliver and they will not be selling a stripped .308 lower at this time.

They told me they will require 1/2 down upfront and the balance prior to shipping. Make some room on the credit card now because they are going to be like hot cakes.

Thanks,
Chris

koiloco
02-15-2007, 3:38 PM
Nothing against any stores or any body.

It's just simple price gouching until customers find
a better price then All prices will be lowered.

Nobody is doing anybody any favor. It's just strictly business practice.

PIRATE14
02-15-2007, 3:39 PM

You don't have a vote........:p

Anytime someone wants to cough up somewhere bwtn 100-200K we'll get some really interesting things.....headed towards CALI........:eek:

brando
02-15-2007, 5:16 PM
Hmm, I wonder if Leitner-Wise has put any lowers out on the market? They have a .308 build in development and their gas-piston upper is quite nice.

PIRATE14
02-15-2007, 5:20 PM
Hmm, I wonder if Leitner-Wise has put any lowers out on the market? They have a .308 build in development and their gas-piston upper is quite nice.

Everyone has a 308 build in developement but no one can make it go......or at least there are very few that can make it go.....

grammaton76
02-15-2007, 5:26 PM

Heh, I got to handle one of their 338 lowers at BSP a few weeks back... :)

pc_city
02-15-2007, 5:58 PM
Everyone has a 308 build in developement but no one can make it go......or at least there are very few that can make it go.....
I've had a fine 7.62 combo for quite some time. Har25 + Armalite works fine. Har25 + Noveske works even better.

PIRATE14
02-15-2007, 6:16 PM
I've had a fine 7.62 combo for quite some time. Har25 + Armalite works fine. Har25 + Noveske works even better.

GEEZ, we aren't talking FRANKEN ARs here.........:confused:

Besides, we already know the Armalite works pretty good....:D

Sydwaiz
02-15-2007, 6:28 PM
Now if Armalite would just come to their senses and mark a lower for us...

Fjold
02-15-2007, 6:49 PM

It ain't rocket science and there's no patent protection. All a new manufacturer has to do is buy one that works, measure it and plug the dimensions into his CNC to create the forging pattern and program the machining. In the rest of the world it 's called "reverse engineering".

PIRATE14
02-15-2007, 8:43 PM
It ain't rocket science and there's no patent protection. All a new manufacturer has to do is buy one that works, measure it and plug the dimensions into his CNC to create the forging pattern and program the machining. In the rest of the world it 's called "reverse engineering".

Pretty sure this has been discussed in a previous thread...........;)

pc_city
02-16-2007, 6:41 AM

Besides, we already know the Armalite works pretty good....:D

With automobiles and girlfriends a bad finish is unacceptable, but with a rifle it's not so bad. HAR25 lowers are ugly but they clean up real good.

pc_city
02-18-2007, 11:21 AM

Watch it! You're talking about my buddy.:mad:
http://you-jane.com/images/Hesse_Noveske.jpg