PDA

View Full Version : Ruger Mk III Hunter

gotgunz
02-15-2007, 12:31 AM
For Valentines day my wife gave a card with some See's candie (along with a little somethin, somethin! :D :eek: )
Inside the card, past all the mushy stuff was the okay to get the pistol I looked at when we visited Sportsman Warehouse.

Question is: who has the best deals on Ruger Mk III's ???

Gallery of Guns was a joke, Bud's was "okay" on price.

Any other suggestions either online or brick & mortar (kitchen table would be okay as well) prefer North Bay or valley; Redding to Modesto or ????

Suggestions most appreciated.

ivanimal
02-15-2007, 12:10 PM
I always suggest that you find a local shop you like and keep the shops in your area open.

CalNRA
02-15-2007, 12:19 PM
ditto. with the current rend of ATF stuff we need to support our local dealers mroe than ever. Plus even if you find a low price online, after shipping nad transfer fees you might not come outo n top by all that much, but I always find going into my local shop a pleasant experience.

Aluisious
02-15-2007, 12:44 PM
I always suggest that you find a local shop you like and keep the shops in your area open.
This wears thin when your local shop gleefully rips you the **** off the first chance they get.

eckerph
02-15-2007, 1:38 PM
youre best bet is sportsmans wherehouse, the local gunshops in our area arent worth saving :rolleyes: do you happen to be AD military,retired, reserve or guard ?

CalNRA
02-15-2007, 2:28 PM
This wears thin when your local shop gleefully rips you the **** off the first chance they get.

that comes from a lack of competition. If people supported local shops more, and more of them can afford to stay open, then everybody wins.

Buying online is cheaper in the short term, but when all the local FFLs go out of business, how much the last one rips you off for transfer fees would make you cry for the former, lesser rip-off.

ivanimal
02-15-2007, 2:29 PM

Wow, you seem to be so happy with your local shops.:rolleyes:

Some of us believe in people and try to give them the benefit of the doubt. I have to say there are some shops I will not go into but there are more good than bad. The best defense is a good offense. Go into the shop knowing what you want and what you are willing to pay.

dwtt
02-15-2007, 7:13 PM
What shops are you referring to? Baseless general statements, again.

blackedoutharley, I don't know many local shops that stock a Mark III, but then I'm in the south bay and go to Irvington Arms. If you find one that treats you well, then buy from them. I can't give any suggestions on which shops to go to since I bought my Mark II off gunbroker because there no local shops stocking the gun, which isn't being made anymore.

gotgunz
02-15-2007, 10:01 PM
I called Sportsman Warehouse this morning and they have it in stock for $439.00 which is a fair price I believe. I called one place in Grass Valley (40 mins away) they wanted $485.00 (not bad) and two in Yuba City: Shooters Paradise was $489.00 (still not bad) and Ammo Outlet was $567.00 (on drugs?). I even called Huntington's in Oroville (next to RCBS) thinking they are about the largest gun store around and should be competitive. $559.00!
I dont expect anybody to stock everything and if they have to order it I understand. It's not like this is a duty weapon I depend on for my livelihood. I dont mind supporting a local dealer either but come on! For $50.00, or more, I will drive 30 minutes. And the ones at $559 & $567 are just crazy. These prices are in addition to dros and tax.
I am not former military so going through the gun club on base is not an option for me. I will find somebody who has laid the crack pipe down long enough to realize that they dont need to make the entire months profits on my one transaction.
Damn I cant wait for my FFL paperwork to go through... in fact I may just wait for that to happen to buy this pistol.

Thanks for the suggestions.

SFSig
02-16-2007, 7:46 AM
I recently bought a Mark III Hunter (should be receiving my Ultradot today!!!).

I looked at all the shops in my area and the cheapest I could find was still $100 more than buying it from a dealer in FL. I'm all for supporting local/small biz etc. but I work too hard for my money to ignore a good deal.

BTW, the price from Sportsmans Warehouse is pretty good from what I've seen. If any local shops had that price, I would have gladly bought from them eventhough it was still *a little* more expensive.

eckerph
02-16-2007, 12:37 PM
I will find somebody who has laid the crack pipe down long enough to realize that they dont need to make the entire months profits on my one transaction.

yep, the gunshops around here are total crap, Ive been to them all and have never bought a gun through any of them due to price/service. As a matter of fact i havnt been spent a nickel in any of these places since SW opend.