PDA

View Full Version : changing stocks on the sks

ns3v3n
02-14-2007, 9:52 PM
as long as it's fix mag i can change any stocks i want right? like any of these http://www.sksman.com/acces/stocks1.html

tango-52
02-15-2007, 8:04 AM
As far as California law is concerned, yes with a 10 rd or less fixed magazine. Federal law says that you have to have 10 or less foreign made parts. Check out that in-depth discussion on the SKS boards.

mltrading
02-15-2007, 10:00 AM
Should be fine. Just keep the 10-rd mag fixed, remove the GL and play the US parts count game. You should be GTG.

railroader
02-16-2007, 5:34 AM
I could be wrong but if I remember correctly the magazine has to be changed with a US made mag for the parts count. The problem is finding a non- detachable 10 round round mag that works properly to make the conversion worthwhile. Now if you go with a dragunov stock I think you are good to go without changing parts. California doesn't care about dragunov stocks and I'm pretty sure the feds don't either. In fact there are saigas coming into the US with dragunov stocks that have the original trigger groups so the haven't been USA converted. Mark

virulosity
02-16-2007, 8:06 AM
The only solution that I know of is to use a detachable mag and fix it yourself. You can easily drill and tap a hole in the trigger group and put a set screw in the mag release. And yes, you can still use stripper clips.

ZapThyCat
02-16-2007, 11:54 AM
wow, those stocks make me want to get an SKS that's not a yugo (aka no bayonet)!!!