View Full Version : Springfield M6 Scout

10-25-2011, 4:23 PM
Hey there fellow survivalists!

I recently bought a CZ made Springfield M6 Scout with 18.5 inch barrels. It's the standard .22lr and .410 gauge shotgun, and it doesn't fit. Before I sell it, I just wanted to see if anyone else out there has one, and if so, have you modified them? I bought this on a whim, and spent a good amount of money when I found it... Now that it's home, I realize the stock is WAAAAYY too short for me (I'm 6'1, 250lbs.) and I have a hard time using the sights since my eye is pretty much touching the hammer. Is this normal, or should I find a backpacking/OMGzombiesarecomingIneedtoeatsquirrels gun... =)

10-25-2011, 5:42 PM
Mine fots well, however I am only 5'6". Mine is the 22 hornet/.410 combo. I love mine, I bought it used also. It came with a cheap scope and I have been looking for the original m6 scope with no luck.

Anyway, I put some paracord around the barrels for a hand gaurd have a balst shooting it. Its a good gun, but then again, any gun that shoots well is good.

10-25-2011, 5:59 PM
I've got the whole package. Original scope, floatation case, scabbard, sling, even the matching pocket knife. It "fits" if it needs to, for what it is. Kinda fun to shoot, kind of fun to stash in the case for camping, or storing with emergency supplies, etc. Stainless, 22H /410 :

10-25-2011, 6:24 PM
Good to know about the size. Have been thinking about one of these a long time. Even though I'm 6'6" I still find myself wanting one even after reading this. Mostly to have around for my niece and nephew to use when we hit the bush. Might even be nice to keep in the truck for a little hunting trip on the way home from work.

Corbin Dallas
10-25-2011, 6:57 PM
Love mine.

It's a survival gun. Treat it as such.

10-25-2011, 7:28 PM
Love mine.

It's a survival gun. Treat it as such.

My sentiment exactly, pretty much what I was trying to say. Still, the Blue Book is pretty high on them right now, especially as a package, so I'm tempted to go a different route for a survival gun and sell mine. I don't really need to compactness, but I'd you do, these are great. Broken down they'd easily fit in a back pack.

10-25-2011, 7:48 PM
Mine is too heavy for a backpacking gun. I'd go with a Winchester '06 if I had to choose. But, it's a fun novelty gun and would be a good survival gun in an aircraft.

10-25-2011, 8:27 PM
I want one badly.......

10-25-2011, 8:32 PM
Well, I could never understand the appeal of this gun---got to shoot a couple over the years---STILL don't get it---I guess it's just not for me. If I wanted a super-light "survival" type rifle, I would just find an old Remington Nylon 66 22lr and go with that.

10-25-2011, 8:40 PM

When I'm walking in the desert this is in my hand with a .410 round in the chamber. Perfect snake medicine. I find it to be an extremely handy firearm. The .22 barrel is very accurate and the gun is pretty much indestructible. I've had this one since the first year it came out in the early 80s. I love it and might even be buried with it!

10-25-2011, 9:48 PM
my girlfriend pretty much settled the arguement... neither of us really want it at this point, we both dont want to shoot it, and have other guns we'd rather carry when out in the field.

up for grabs!

10-25-2011, 10:53 PM
I love mine CZ, 22lr/410 with scope & original bag. I had found out about this cool piece a while back, but thought I would never be able to find one complete for a good price...

After month of browsing/hunting I got one for less then $500.

I since then took it to a couple of trips. It's really fun to shoot and every time I unpack and assemble the rifle people wanna know what it is etc...

It's sure a little on the heavy site, but I don't mind. I had thought about the 22lr Henry, but what it did for me was the double barrel. The .410 does come in handy...

Just my 5 cent...

12-14-2011, 7:37 PM
What's a good online store that carry this rifle?

12-15-2011, 12:53 AM
I use my Kel-Tec for a back pack rifle but truly that is a sweet lil rifle...

12-15-2011, 8:51 PM
Seems novel. For my money id get the kel tec sub2000 in .40 and spend the extra $$ on ammo. Not exactly apples to apples but M2C.

12-15-2011, 9:23 PM
They are not in production anymore. Try gunbroker.What's a good online store that carry this rifle?

12-16-2011, 6:21 AM
They are not in production anymore. Try gunbroker.

Just found out yesterday. Last production was 2008.

12-16-2011, 6:21 AM
I have a henry mini bolt, single screw takedown, very accurate in Wifes lock box in Jeep, i have Marlin Papoose in PU...both great alternative to M6.

The difference is better trigger set ups, more user friendly, Marlin is semi auto to boot!