PDA

View Full Version : 338 Lapua Magnum Reloader Equipment?

thmpr
02-14-2007, 9:35 PM
Reloaders,
I am in the process of starting to reload the 338 Lapua caliber and in need of some assistance in picking out a single stage or progressive press. I am leaning towards the single stage press since I wont be shooting my rifle that much especially with the cost of brass, bullet and powder....:D

Which press would you go with?

Thanks!

C.G.
02-15-2007, 12:06 AM
Reloaders,
I am in the process of starting to reload the 338 Lapua caliber and in need of some assistance in picking out a single stage or progressive press. I am leaning towards the single stage press since I wont be shooting my rifle that much especially with the cost of brass, bullet and powder....:D

Thanks!

First of all, I hate you because you got it before me, but

If you have a Rockchucker it will work just fine.

What twist is your Cobb? Personally, I would want to shoot 300 grainers rather than 250, but that sort of takes an AR-30 out of the picture.

thmpr
02-15-2007, 7:03 AM
Hey C.G.,
I did not get a Cobb.....:D But it is still a SA rifle. I currently have a Dillon 650, which everyone knows by now the length of the 338 case is to long for it. I will look into the chucker.

Thanks!

mrkubota
02-15-2007, 8:48 AM
Reloaders,

Thanks!

I'm using the new Lee 'Classic Cast' press. I originally got it to reload .50bmg and it works fine for that, but it also comes with the adapters needed to utilize standard 7/8" die sets. Plenty of height for the .338LM, and if you also happen to load .50bmg it's a heck of a deal at around 150.00 for the setup.

http://www.daplane.com/50bmg/50dtc/cart_comp_00.jpg

http://www.daplane.com/50bmg/50dtc/lee_50dtc_02.jpg