PDA

View Full Version : 2 Models of S&W M&P 45 are now CA-OK!

classical_buff
02-14-2007, 6:45 PM
Just saw that 2 models of Smith & Wesson M&P 45 are now approved for CA!
Any thoughts?

stevie
02-14-2007, 6:54 PM
Yeah
Go buy one at let us know how it shoots.. :D

Black_Talon
02-14-2007, 6:56 PM
Any thoughts?

Yes. Welcome to twelve days ago! (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=48131) :)

Ah, hahahahahaha!

classical_buff
02-14-2007, 7:03 PM
Yes. Welcome to twelve days ago! (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=48131) :)

Ah, hahahahahaha!

Do'h! Sorry about that. I should check out our "friend's website - CA DOJ" more often.

Cbieling
02-15-2007, 8:53 AM
When your ready to buy look me up....

Thanks
Chris

SnWnMe
02-15-2007, 9:18 AM
First non 1911 auto I'm actually interested in.:)

Black_Talon
02-15-2007, 4:23 PM
When your ready to buy look me up....

Thanks
Chris

I'm ready to buy now, but they still aren't available.

Depending on which "source" you believe, they will be released sometime between Feb and Dec '07. :rolleyes:

rorschach
02-16-2007, 12:27 AM
Always look to the Good Doctor for new handgun news, he'll get you the straight scoop

david_place_834
02-16-2007, 10:03 AM
I have yet to see one nor feel one, but someone on ar15.com stated that the M&P. 45 (will be or is?) bigger than the Glock 21 w/less capacity to boot.

I have meaty palms with short fingers, so I don't know how that would work out for me. In a .45, I am seriously considering an XD. I do really like the ergos of the M&P 9mm. The bump of the small grip feels exactly like my 686 w/Hogue finger grooves.

Some questions about M&P is whether the magazine safety affects the trigger, much like the concern I have about Hi-Powers. I know many remove the mag. safety in HP's to improve the SA pull. I know that legally, I can remove the magazine safety on my future purchases, but are there any additional parts changes? Also, anyone remove the internal lock which I find unnecessary?

rorschach
02-16-2007, 10:30 AM
Some questions about M&P is whether the magazine safety affects the trigger, much like the concern I have about Hi-Powers. I know many remove the mag. safety in HP's to improve the SA pull. I know that legally, I can remove the magazine safety on my future purchases, but are there any additional parts changes? Also, anyone remove the internal lock which I find unnecessary?

http://www.burwellgunsmithing.com/M&P.htm

45R
02-16-2007, 11:10 AM
Finally a M and P in 45ACP for the People of CA!!! :)

E. Fudd
02-16-2007, 11:50 AM
I have yet to see one nor feel one, but someone on ar15.com stated that the M&P. 45 (will be or is?) bigger than the Glock 21 w/less capacity to boot.

I have meaty palms with short fingers, so I don't know how that would work out for me. In a .45, I am seriously considering an XD. I do really like the ergos of the M&P 9mm. The bump of the small grip feels exactly like my 686 w/Hogue finger grooves.

No, the M&P .45 is not bigger than the G21. It has a 10+1 capacity as their standard capacity. Grip is much smaller than the G21's. Close to XD grip size, but more ergo, less boxy. Very similar to the M&P 9 & .40 grip in feel, maybe a tad bigger.

Size-wise, length of slide, length of grip, the standard model is a full-size 'duty' gun, not a compact.

Similar in size, feel, handling as the HK45, but at almost half the price.

choochboost
02-17-2007, 1:01 AM
I'm ready to buy now, but they still aren't available.

Depending on which "source" you believe, they will be released sometime between Feb and Dec '07. :rolleyes:
Took an M&P armorers course last weekend and I asked the S&W LE rep about delivery. He said they would begin shipping in Mid-March. I guess we'll see.