View Full Version : Kimber Custom II Plunge

02-14-2007, 5:45 PM
I have been waiting, reviewing and looking at all the options for my first 1911 purchase. Decided to do it right the first time out and not regret my purchase, Ok, at least within $ reason.

Decided upon a Kimber Custom II entry model into the Kimber world.

1. It has been some time since I purchased a handgun in CA, is there a new test and fee?
2. I live in the East Bay, travel to the Central Valley often. Any reccomendation on a shop (availibility and price).
3. Thought about an internet purchase, but by the time shipping added, transfer fee's and finding a FFL that will handle it, the price would be the same. (any experiences).

Thanks for the feedback:D

02-14-2007, 5:53 PM
I have a custom target II and it was my first Kimber. After that I was hooked. I now own 3 1911's. It has been a great gun and I have put it through hell in all day tactical classes with no problems. You made a good choice.
There is a handgun test that is 30 questions, multiple choice. It is a common sense test and no problem to pass.

I live in So. Ca. so I have no shop recommendations.. sorry..

Good Luck!
Happy shooting

02-14-2007, 6:25 PM
You'll love the Custom II (internal extractor), I've got a series I and an Custom Eclipse II and both function flawlessly. The bug is contagious! Irvington Arms in Fremont had a Stanless Custom in stock in long ago at a good price as well as a stainless TLE; best price I've seen in a store. TMW has the higher prices, so...

If you're not in a rush, there are folks who sell via auction or otherwise that are local. I lucked out and bought quite a few from a local fella who had them in his safe and saved on not only the pistol, but tax, shipping and an out of state transfer fee. Some lightly used ones from out of state are worth the $100 to get it here and into your hands for less than a new one. All depends on how quickly you want your new baby to come home with you...

02-14-2007, 6:36 PM
I hear there's this mod who has the Kimber hook up in the East Bay... ;)

02-14-2007, 6:42 PM

02-14-2007, 7:13 PM
Search for Kimber group buy.

The custom 2 is a great gun, you'll love it.

02-14-2007, 7:18 PM
If you decide on a Kimber let me know as I get very nice prices and can help you out.