PDA

View Full Version : AR Scope rings?

762cavalier
02-14-2007, 6:41 PM
Looking for advice on a pair of scope rings to mount a scope with a 50 mm bell on my AR. would prefer something that is detachable and would like to keep my ARMS #40 rear sight in place. Will be mounting it on a CMMG flattop upper.

Tzvia
02-14-2007, 7:05 PM
It's all a matter of how much you want to spend, and if you would like something that even comes close to repeatable zero. My fave is Larue. Their mounts are wicked, quick detatch and are as close to repeatable zero as you can get. But expect to spend several hundred on a mount...
If your goal is 'the best' Larue is it. I've used others, and am switching it all to Larue (a little at a time as $$ permits).

762cavalier
02-14-2007, 7:15 PM
thanks Tzvia would love to have larue mounts but can't justify the cost at this time. Will be mounting a cheap simmons 2.5x10x50 scope at this time although I may use the Burris that I have mounted on my K31 at a future date. detachable is not really necessary just need rings that will clear the scope bell.

762cavalier
02-15-2007, 8:52 PM
does anyone know if the RRA Hi riser scope mount will allow the mounting of a scope with a 50 mm bell?

http://www.tenpercentfirearms.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=11&products_id=104