PDA

View Full Version : Mark 23 in Cali

Jason_R
02-14-2007, 2:27 PM
I like Mark 23s :)

blkA4alb
02-14-2007, 2:29 PM
First of all the Mark 23 is an AW unless you removed the threaded barrel, did you?

Jason_R
02-14-2007, 3:18 PM
Yes, it has been removed from the gun, but the factory barrel will go with it.

SVTNate
02-14-2007, 11:11 PM
1. It's worth about $400 NIB

2. I'll take it

:D

Mr.RoDiN
02-14-2007, 11:13 PM
Ill offer you double that, Yes 800!

nosewitdot
02-14-2007, 11:47 PM
how much are you looking to get?

Jason_R
02-15-2007, 6:45 AM
Considering it's never been shot and hardly handled...probably $3500?

luvtolean
02-15-2007, 6:55 AM
Wow.

Aluisious
02-15-2007, 7:11 AM
Only a 100% mark up? Come on, you can do better than that :rolleyes:

JGarrison
02-15-2007, 7:22 AM
There is one selling on GB for $2700 with the threads taken off the barrel. Its been for sale for aloong time, I have seen it for months.

Hunter
02-15-2007, 7:30 AM
Ok so I have a Brand New in Box Mark 23 that I'm planning on bringing back to California. It's currently on my credit card, and I don't want it on there but i don't want to pay it off with cash, hah.

Would it be wrong of me to post an ad posting my Mark 23 for sale in advance? I wanted your guy's take on it before I posted it. Any idea on the value?

What are you doing about the 12rnd mags for it or does your have 10 rnds? As for value, well since they are selling for $1800 right now outside CA, that should give you an idea.

Jason_R
02-15-2007, 7:43 AM
Well considering this is a brand new pistol, threads not removed (barrel removed from gun), last run Mark 23 I am absolutely firm on $3000. I can get you an extra barrel for you to remove th threads for about $300+ or -.

They are actually selling for about $2200 outside of Cali, the last ones that made in state are all gone...which is where mine came from.

I'd have to leave the 12 rounders here...but I would ship them anywhere out of state as long as the buyer didn't have plans to bring them in state.

jellyb
02-15-2007, 7:44 AM
I've seen them on CDNN for 1800.00.

JGarrison
02-15-2007, 7:44 AM
Well considering this is a brand new pistol, threads not removed (barrel removed from gun), last run Mark 23 I am absolutely firm on $3000. I can get you an extra barrel for you to remove th threads for about $300+ or -.

They are actually selling for about $2200 outside of Cali, the last ones that made in state are all gone...which is where mine came from.

I'd have to leave the 12 rounders here...but I would ship them anywhere out of state as long as the buyer didn't have plans to bring them in state.

To be honest I don't think you will find anyone willing to pay 3K for that gun. List it, but don't be mad if it doesn't sell for that much.

luvtolean
02-15-2007, 7:56 AM

Not really.

http://www.gunsonthenet.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=65818077

Dude, when you get tired of paying interest on it and serious about selling it, you'll get $2500 to $2600. Which is still a nice profit provided you didn't overpay.

Like someone else said, the one at $2750 hasn't sold in a long time...

Jason_R
02-15-2007, 9:12 AM
Yes, but the $2750 gun has been altered.

I could just keep it...it's not like the value's going down.

luvtolean
02-15-2007, 9:13 AM

That'd be my solution. :D

BTW, the altering for a Californian is a good thing. It's a hassle they don't have to deal with to shoot it. New barrels are easily had from HK.

F-2_Challenger
02-15-2007, 9:31 AM
Let me understand this. I can buy a mk23 and take out the barrel and throw in some 10 round magazines and have it be legal here. So I can get any out of state gun dealer to sell me one as long as they take out the barrel and magazines.

Aluisious
02-15-2007, 9:32 AM

You can be firm on whatever price you want, doesn't mean you'll get the $.

Try, and if it doesn't work, sell for less or keep it.

stevie
02-15-2007, 9:36 AM
Let me understand this. I can buy a mk23 and take out the barrel and throw in some 10 round magazines and have it be legal here. So I can get any out of state gun dealer to sell me one as long as they take out the barrel and magazines.

Nope, if a Ca. FFL receives a handgun from out of state. It must be on the approved handgun list.

He plans on moving into state and selling these handguns.

F-2_Challenger
02-15-2007, 9:42 AM
So if i find a guy in Ca that is wanting to sell his I can buy it with out the threaded barrel and high cap mags?

stevie
02-15-2007, 9:45 AM
I assume so.... No idea if the seller must fill out the "new resident handgun form" first.

bwiese
02-15-2007, 9:45 AM
So if i find a guy in Ca that is wanting to sell his I can buy it with out the threaded barrel and high cap mags?

Yup.

It also sounds like Jason_R is trying to do this as a business, instead of "just happening to have guns to sell when he moves back to CA", which I'm not sure - even with PPT - has the right legal smell to it.

Jason_R
02-15-2007, 9:54 AM
Yup.

It also sounds like Jason_R is trying to do this as a business, instead of "just happening to have guns to sell when he moves back to CA", which I'm not sure - even with PPT - has the right legal smell to it.

Like I said if this thread should be deleted, I'll delete it.

Just seeing if the interest is out there if I decide to sell it once in state. It's an expensive hand gun and I don't plan on shooting it, so I may need to sell it at later date to fund other projects/endeavors/school.

luvtolean
02-15-2007, 10:00 AM

I want to say you can buy it WITH the threaded barrel, as long as the barrel is not assembled in the gun, but I'm not sure how you'd demonstrate safe handling with it unless it came with an altered barrel too.

The standard caps you cannot buy.

bwiese
02-15-2007, 10:04 AM
I want to say you can buy it WITH the threaded barrel, as long as the barrel is not assembled in the gun, but I'm not sure how you'd demonstrate safe handling with it unless it came with an altered barrel too.

Hmmm, interesting point.

I never thought of the demo requirement before in relation to this.

I'm not sure but doesn't the demo requirement only apply to new gun purchases and not PPT transfers?

Frames are transferrable via PPT, so those don't get the demo...

The standard caps you cannot buy.

Correct, if you mean standard caps = hicaps. Unfortunately I do use the banners' terminology because that phraseology is codified into the law ("high capacity ammunition feeding device") and I don't want to see confusion.

luvtolean
02-15-2007, 10:09 AM
Yeah-standard caps equalling 12 rds.

I had to do safe handling for the last pistol I did a PPT with, but I don't know if it was an overly paranoid FFL or not.

Good point on the frames. Hell I dunno...I just know our laws suck. :D

guimus
02-15-2007, 10:21 AM
as Bill said above, this smells a bit to me (an ardent pro-gun guy) like too much of a CA firearms law workaround straw purchase. Posting a gun (that in its complete state isn't just not approved, but a CA AW) for sale before you move to CA, then bringing it in, reg'ing it, and selling it MAY be perfectly legal, but may also be a good way to get some immediate attention from the DOJ, who have made it explicit to us that they monitor us Gun Nuts on this forum.

-hanko
02-15-2007, 3:23 PM
as Bill said above, this smells a bit to me (an ardent pro-gun guy) like too much of a CA firearms law workaround straw purchase. Posting a gun (that in its complete state isn't just not approved, but a CA AW) for sale before you move to CA, then bringing it in, reg'ing it, and selling it MAY be perfectly legal, but may also be a good way to get some immediate attention from the DOJ, who have made it explicit to us that they monitor us Gun Nuts on this forum.
$1699 in desert tan, tan zip case, four 10-rounders...latest CDNN catalog, page 9. You'd need the barrel neutered before the gun came into the state.
I do realize you'd need to order through an ffl in CA, as CDNN will not ship semi pistols into the state. I'm thinking for your asking price it may sit for a while;) , though you might stumble on a mall ninja with more money than sense.:D

Consider the interest that your cc company is accruing (sp?).

Good luck

-hanko

Jason_R
02-15-2007, 3:41 PM
$1699 in desert tan, tan zip case, four 10-rounders...latest CDNN catalog, page 9. You'd need the barrel neutered before the gun came into the state.
I do realize you'd need to order through an ffl in CA, as CDNN will not ship semi pistols into the state. I'm thinking for your asking price it may sit for a while;) , though you might stumble on a mall ninja with more money than sense.:D

Consider the interest that your cc company is accruing (sp?).

Good luck

-hanko

But here's the thing. A resident in California CANNOT buy a Mark 23 with or without the threaded barrel. It's not on the list.

Tan Mark 23s are retarded and noone wants one.

avidone
02-15-2007, 4:51 PM
Yes, but the $2750 gun has been altered.

Actually it has not. A spare barrel was de-threaded and the original comes with it so it actually comes with two barrels.

bwiese
02-15-2007, 4:53 PM
Jason,

I suggest that this commercial enterprise and your clear profit seeking -while IMHO questionable - are more appropriately placed in the For Sale category, since this seems to be more of a "I got XXX for sale" than asking true questions...

DrjonesUSA
02-15-2007, 5:14 PM
Jason:

I suggest you tread extremely carefully.

First, it is a fact that the CA DOJ monitors this forum, so it's very likely that this thread has already been read by a DOJ employee.

Next, based on my understanding of the law, and I well could be wrong, it is NOT legal for an individual to import what are supposed to be "personal" firearms with the intention of selling them.

Again, check the law for yourself, but I don't think what you are proposing is legal.

Jason_R
02-15-2007, 5:27 PM
Gotchya...

I don't intend to sell it. I was just curious to see what the market was like if I had to sell it after I move. Thanks for the advice.

Astig Boy
02-15-2007, 5:41 PM
Making a profit is one thing, but trying to rape one of us Californians is a insult IMO. :rolleyes: Couple hundred bucks, sure thats fair...but $1000?...man please...

Jason_R
02-15-2007, 6:03 PM
Making a profit is one thing, but trying to rape one of us Californians is a insult IMO. :rolleyes: Couple hundred bucks, sure thats fair...but $1000?...man please...

Wasn't trying to "rape" you all I was doing is trying to see the Market value for one. If you think anything is priced too high then don't buy it, no one is forcing you to.

Hunter
02-15-2007, 6:10 PM
...Tan Mark 23s are retarded and noone wants one.

How do you know this to be true?:rolleyes:

Jason_R
02-15-2007, 6:25 PM
How do you know this to be true?:rolleyes:

I suspect that they are not in popular demand due to the fact that they are the only new in box ones left, and they are cheaper than their black counterpart.

Check out hkpro.com

monkey
02-16-2007, 3:24 PM
I suspect that they are not in popular demand due to the fact that they are the only new in box ones left, and they are cheaper than their black counterpart.

Check out hkpro.com

You should really do your homework on a number of levels.

Pricing: These are not being made anymore because they did not sell well at $1900 MSRP. No one is or will be buying these at your $3000 and up prices. While California is a bit of a different market, you aren't providing anyone with anything they couldn't have bought from '97 through '99 if they wanted one.

Legality: It's a federal felony for a non-licensee for buy a firearm with the intent of immediate and profitable resale. Multiply that by the number of guns purchased, then sold, and that's what you are vulnerable to. It's also a state felony to import unlisted handguns into the state with the intent of resale. Same deal.

Deleting Incriminating Posts: While some sites allow you to edit your posts, I don't believe Calguns is one of them. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but your posts are permanent unless deleted by the moderator. And if this is the case, you are on-record with your intentions, unalterably so. While you have in fact stated you "have no plans to resell it," you are clearly talking about the pricing and desirabllity of a gun which you do not yet own to people in a state you have not yet moved to. It's not a very clever ruse.

bwiese
02-16-2007, 3:29 PM
While you have in fact stated you "have no plans to resell it," you are clearly talking about the pricing and desirabllity of a gun which you do not yet own to people in a state you have not yet moved to. It's not a very clever ruse.

Yeah, this thread is lame.

I do 12125PC et seq believe unsafe handgun stuff is misdemeanor though.

DrjonesUSA
02-16-2007, 3:36 PM
You should really do your homework on a number of levels.

Pricing: These are not being made anymore because they did not sell well at $1900 MSRP. No one is or will be buying these at your $3000 and up prices. While California is a bit of a different market, you aren't providing anyone with anything they couldn't have bought from '97 through '99 if they wanted one.

Did you read what you wrote?

You just said that he's not providing anyone with anything of use, provided they all have time machines and could go back to 1997 and buy it. ;)

Astig Boy
02-16-2007, 4:38 PM
Wasn't trying to "rape" you all I was doing is trying to see the Market value for one. If you think anything is priced too high then don't buy it, no one is forcing you to.

Your not here looking to gain info, but to bait California members to see if we will bite. Whos to say you wont go out and buy 4-5 Mark 23s and sell them at your premium. Thats a pretty good chunk of change youll gain.

Yeah, this thread is lame.

I do 12125PC et seq believe unsafe handgun stuff is misdemeanor though.

Which is why threads like this should be locked or deleted. This is, in a sense, illegal activity of what the thread starter intends to do.

monkey
02-16-2007, 5:15 PM
Did you read what you wrote?

You just said that he's not providing anyone with anything of use, provided they all have time machines and could go back to 1997 and buy it. ;)

I mean to say they probably would have bought one in 99 if they really wanted one. It was too much then at $1900 and at his price of $3000 today it's 30% more "too expensive".

m1371
02-18-2007, 7:18 AM
Looks like our enterprising little "gun dealer to be" decided to sell elsewhere.

Surprisingly enough, he's not asking for $3000+ either. :rolleyes:

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/2839/jasonrmk23ec7.png

Jason_R
02-18-2007, 8:54 AM
It's a free world. I can sell it where I want. You act like I'm an evil person if I decide to sell it inside California at a premium. Capitalism at it's best...

luvtolean
02-18-2007, 9:02 AM
I would say at it's worst since it's hurting people being punished by their supposedly representative government.

I still think you should just keep it after you move here. You'll love the weapon!

m1371
02-18-2007, 10:44 AM
It's a free world. I can sell it where I want. You act like I'm an evil person if I decide to sell it inside California at a premium. Capitalism at it's best...

Yep, you're right. You can sell it anywhere you want.

And I can call you out for what you were trying to do.

The point that has been made, which you don't seem to have quite gotten yet, is that you came in here and demonstrated intent at trying to make a serious profit by selling the gun at an inflated price.

You've got your selling price over at HkPro as $2050. Yet you've stated that if selling it here in Kalifornia your initial price you were looking for was $3500 and then you decided you would be firm at $3000.

Let me quote you on that so you don't puss out and edit what you said in an attempt to cover your @$$ like you did to your very first post that started the thread.

Considering it's never been shot and hardly handled...probably $3500?

We've already got enough crap to deal with as Kalifornia residents that we don't need to entertain a wannabe rip off artist like yourself who has plainly stated that he's going to try and make a substantial profit off us.

Don't like what I am saying?

Then go pound sand somewhere else because I think you might find that the folks here aren't going to be too accommodating to someone who wants to try and make an obscene profit at our expense.

Maybe at some point you'll figure out that everybody here is interested in supporting one another. You move here and take up residence, you're going to be in the same boat as the rest of us. Don't ruin whatever goodwill you'd get from everyone by thinking you can take financial advantage of us because of the screwed up firearms laws that we're hobbled by.

At this point you're probably going to get all emotionally hurt, whine about capitalism and how you've got "the right" to ask whatever price you want. All that's going to do is demonstrate to everyone that you just don't "get it" and that you've got sand all up in your mangina.

Or you can suck it up, get it through your head that it isn't all about you and how much $$$ you can rake in at someone else's expense.

There are a lot of good people here in the state and for the most part we all attempt to take care of one another. Hopefully at some point you'll come to understand that and maybe even appreciate it.