PDA

View Full Version : Bound book question

Clipity
10-24-2011, 2:00 PM
I was asked to store some guns for my parents, a few fall under C&R status. Do I need to enter them in my book?

C&Rtrader
10-24-2011, 2:40 PM
My guess would be no. This holds if they are truly on loan (ie possession changes but not title) and you gave them back within the allotted time. IIRC its 30 days for a handgun and the length of the hunting season for rifles. I assume you can give them back for 30 seconds, then retake possession, and the clock starts over.

If you expect to have them for more than the allotted time I would enter them to be on the safe side.

Orlando
10-25-2011, 12:08 PM
You are not a dealer but a collector and they are not your firearms so , no you would not log them in.

TheExpertish
10-25-2011, 1:29 PM
I'd log them, and just tell your parents you're taking out an advance on your inheritance.

Clipity
10-25-2011, 2:05 PM
I think I will just add them. Now the 1800's cap and ball muzzleloader's fall under antiques and would not need to be added correct? I think were going to need a bigger safe.

TheExpertish
10-25-2011, 2:26 PM
I think I will just add them. Now the 1800's cap and ball muzzleloader's fall under antiques and would not need to be added correct? I think were going to need a bigger safe.

Well, like everyone said you don't need to because they're not yours. Antiques do need to be added as well if they are purchased using your license. A bigger safe is always an issue. I'm still searching for a larger one myself. Okay, mostly searching for the money. I keep end up buying a new gun instead.

dotalchemy
10-25-2011, 2:45 PM
Antiques do need to be added as well if they are purchased using your license.

AFAIK, actual antique firearms (manufactured prior to 1898) wouldn't be purchased with the license at all, given that they don't require an FFL in any form to purchase.

SVT-40
10-25-2011, 6:01 PM
True antique (Pre 1998) firearms, as well as all black powder non cartridge guns are NOT C&R's and should not be entered into your bound book.

VegasND
10-25-2011, 8:42 PM
I'm somewhat confused. I thought my bound book was for my C&R guns. Why would another person's property need to be in my BB?

Would I add my wife's or son's C&R guns to my bound book just because they are stored at my address? Does their presence in the home of a licensed individual change their status?

Is this another case of somebody unnecessarily looking for something to worry about?