PDA

View Full Version : A2 sight question

mightymike
02-14-2007, 10:12 AM
After I finally got my OLL rifle shooting where I wanted at 75 yards I noticed that the rear sight has been adjusted way far to the right. Is this normal? Is there a way to bring it back to the center while still being accurate? Second question is about EOTech sights. If I buy a flattop upper, do I still need to by a mounting bracket for the Eotech sight?

Thanks

Aluisious
02-14-2007, 10:19 AM
I would say if you have to crank your sight all the way over to the right to hit at 75 yards, something is not normal. Have you checked your front sight to see that it's OK?

My sight for 100 yards is dead center.

grywlfbg
02-14-2007, 2:19 PM
W/ your EOTech question, it depends on how much of a cowitness you want. If you have plan to have a fixed (non-flip) rear sight, I would recommend something like the RRA Dominator mount which lifts the EOTech such that you get a lower 1/3 cowitness (your irons are in the lower 1/3 of the EOTech glass). You simply look over the top of your irons when using the EOTech, or drop your cheek down to use the irons.

Here's mine:
http://www.one-ring.net/pics/IMG_3027.JPG

If you're going to use flip-up irons (or no irons at all) then the EOTech will mount directly to the upper, no other items needed.

Best Practice is to zero the EOTech in at 50 yards. It'll be a little low at 25 yards, a little high at 100 yards and nearly dead on at 200 yards.

Chris

-hanko
02-14-2007, 2:25 PM
After I finally got my OLL rifle shooting where I wanted at 75 yards I noticed that the rear sight has been adjusted way far to the right. Is this normal? Is there a way to bring it back to the center while still being accurate? Second question is about EOTech sights. If I buy a flattop upper, do I still need to by a mounting bracket for the Eotech sight?

Thanks
So continuing your thought, with the back sight cranked fully right you hit the center of the target?? If so, obviously your rifle will hit way left if the rear sight is centered. Hold that thought.

Your front sight is misaligned to the right...perhaps the fs mount was drilled and pinned incorrectly. I'd send the upper back, maybe after having another shooter take a few shots & verify your results. B'master had some mis-positioned front sights a few years ago, same issue.

hth

-hanko

!@#$
02-14-2007, 2:31 PM
could be your cheek weld
barrel installed wrong
upper reciever out of spec
canted front sight base
bent barrel

as long as you can sight it in and the rifle is reliable i wouldn't worry about it.