PDA

View Full Version : Unflattering Comment About CalGuns in Sipsey Street Illregulars Blog

Doheny
10-23-2011, 6:47 PM
I found the below comment about CalGuns in the Sipsey Street Illregulars. It's from a reader, but shows the type of folks that idolize the blog author, Mike Vanderboegh. Vanderboegh still believes the OKC bombing was an inside job, if that tells you anything. Also, FWIW, his partner David Codrea is banned from CG for personal attacks made here against members and their 2A efforts in California.

The below comment is in response from a suggestion that Vanderboegh makes that any "Threepers" left in California infiltrate a meeting. For those unaware, a "Threeper" is someone who considers himself a "Three Percenter." The "Three Percenters" is considered an anti-government extremist group by at least one such organization that tracks such groups.

Volunteers? Not likely.

Yes, there are still lots of Californians who believe in the right of armed self-defense. But the two California organizations allegedly dedicated to preserving those rights — The Calguns Foundation and the California Pistol and Rifle Association — are either myopically focused on a fact-free litigation strategy that guarantees losses before virtually every judge, or are terrified of any action other than polite lobbying in Sacramento.

And those individuals who are motivated enough to do something independently cannot bring themselves to think beyond juvenile “open carry” rants (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/10/23/BAPI1LL43O.DTL) such as what we just witnessed earlier this week here in the Bay Area.

With friends like these, who needs enemies? Both organizations have been captured by a close-minded group of Silicon Valley tech geeks who have never been called upon to justify themselves, and the action-oriented individuals are so mad that they can't think straight.

We're screwed.
October 23, 2011 3:42 PM
Article here (http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/2011/10/action-this-day-we-interrupt-this-brief.html)

ElvenSoul
10-23-2011, 6:51 PM
Gee guess they don't know about the legal wins last year.

Joe
10-23-2011, 6:59 PM
Gee guess they don't know about the legal wins last year.

They just ignore them because those cases contradict their statements.

Peter.Steele
10-23-2011, 7:03 PM
Well, whatever else you might think about Codrea and Vanderboegh, they have done a lot of good work re: F&F.

I read SSIR pretty frequently, when I have time. Wouldn't say I exactly idolize them, but then I wouldn't say I exactly idolize Gene and Kes either. Idol worship I reserve for the golden statues of Jefferson and Reagan. And Moloch. And Cthulhu.

shooterfpga
10-23-2011, 7:09 PM
90% chance that the person who made the comment was eraseallhope.

MrClamperSir
10-23-2011, 7:11 PM
they have done a lot of good work re: F&F.

What is F&F?

pointedstick
10-23-2011, 7:12 PM
What is F&F?

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=434515

mdimeo
10-23-2011, 7:14 PM
Zounds! Someone said something unfriendly on the internet!

MrClamperSir
10-23-2011, 7:17 PM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=434515

Thanks.

freonr22
10-23-2011, 7:21 PM
How many ar-15 type rifles in California are the people associated with cgn,Cgf, and crpa responsible for?

sent from my little happy maker

scarville
10-23-2011, 7:23 PM
For those unaware, a "Threeper" is someone who considers himself a "Three Percenter." The "Three Percenters" is considered an anti-government extremist group by at least one such organization that tracks such groups.
At least two groups: The ADL and the SPLC.

http://www.adl.org/main_Extremism/oath_keepers_three_percenters.htm

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-report/browse-all-issues/2010/summer/meet-the-patriots?page=0,3 (scroll about halfway down)

FatalKitty
10-23-2011, 7:35 PM
can't say I disagree

vincewarde
10-23-2011, 7:38 PM
The below comment is in response from a suggestion that Vanderboegh makes that any "Threepers" left in California infiltrate a meeting. For those unaware, a "Threeper" is someone who considers himself a "Three Percenter." The "Three Percenters" is considered an anti-government extremist group by at least one such organization that tracks such groups.

Article here (http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/2011/10/action-this-day-we-interrupt-this-brief.html).

I too have concerns about these guys - BUT they have done very good work in F&F.

If the group that labeled them as "extremist" is the Southern Poverty Law Center, sadly they have gone down hill recently. When they label the tea party as racist (I think their favorite guy right now - Herman Cain - is black) and say that they have "concerns" about Appleseed.

However, in my book the worst thing they have done is to attack Oath Keepers. I would remind everyone that since WW2, "I was just following orders" has not been an acceptable excuse. I urge everyone to go to their website and see the list of illegal orders that Oathkeepers promise not to obey. They are all pretty extreme. I would like to know which one of these actions the SPLC thinks is acceptable. In addition, Oathkeepers is very clear about their resistance to these orders being passive, not active or violent.

Whoever is running the place now has really gone off the deep end.

Dreaded Claymore
10-23-2011, 7:40 PM
Perhaps this critic has sound reason for their disapproval of our tactics. But I'd really love to hear what they suggest we do instead. I don't think UOC is getting anyone anywhere, and I would certainly prefer to regain my rights and those of other Californians faster than the speed at which the court moves. But what else does (s)he want us to do?

Give me a break. Those same organizations would say the same about just about any gun owners who hold outspoken right-wing political views. Vowing to resist tyrannical government doesn't make you an anti-government extremist, it makes you pro-good-government. And by the way, I'm liberal, and I was vowing to resist tyranny by any means necessary when Bush Jr. was still in his first term. I still think that Dick Cheney is a more likely tyrant than President Obama. Me and my friends at HSU (mostly commies who I disagreed with most of the time) were drawing up plans to hide out in the forest and harry the Evil Army Of Domestic Occupation in the event that Bush refused to leave office, and we were only half joking. I guess that makes me a Three Percenter of some kind, and I'm proud of it. :patriot:

Honestly, I think Mike Vanderboegh is kind of wacky, and I really don't care for certain snide comments of his that, as far as I can tell, are intended to mock Neo-Pagans like myself. But I don't think being committed to resisting tyranny is wacky at all. :rant:

Tier One Arms
10-23-2011, 7:45 PM
We must be doing something right, because they have heard of us, but I have never heard of them.

RRangel
10-23-2011, 8:09 PM
AI found the below comment about CalGuns in the Sipsey Street Illregulars. It's from a reader, but shows the type of folks that idolize the blog author, Mike Vanderboegh. Vanderboegh still believes the OKC bombing was an inside job, if that tells you anything. Also, FWIW, his partner David Codrea is banned from CG for personal attacks made here against members and their 2A efforts in California.

Article here (http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/2011/10/action-this-day-we-interrupt-this-brief.html)

Are you sure it's from "folks that idolize," or have you posted this for the purpose of denigrating those who are responsible for covering Fast and Furious? Given your past comments I would not doubt it.

mag360
10-23-2011, 8:15 PM
well hopefully his comment fires some people up and they will actually show up to this in numbers and voice their opinion. You have to remember the readers of that site wouldn't think twice if he said to show up in force and blockade an area off from police.

Gryff
10-23-2011, 8:16 PM
I wonder if they could have picked a more gay name?

Also, anyone know what the Win-Loss record is for CGF and CRPA litigation? I have the feeling that "fact-free litigation strategy that guarantees losses before virtually every judge" is secret speak for "I'm a foil hat loon who prefers brainless ranting over legitimate victory."

scarville
10-23-2011, 8:19 PM
:rofl2:

Bhobbs
10-23-2011, 8:19 PM
Three percenters are not anti gov. It is believed that 3% of population fought in the revolution. They are saying they would be part of the 3%.

wash
10-23-2011, 8:28 PM
Doheny, why are you here if all you do is post about Fast and Furious news articles that say F&F was an ATF only screw up and point out anything bad said about CGF (even if it is ridiculously incorrect)?

There are a lot of idiots on the Internet, but we already knew that...

Meplat
10-23-2011, 8:29 PM
are either myopically focused on a fact-free litigation strategy that guarantees losses before virtually every judge,

Excuse me but don’t you have to lose in several small ponds to actually make a big difference in the big pond?

Gray Peterson
10-23-2011, 8:33 PM
well hopefully his comment fires some people up and they will actually show up to this in numbers and voice their opinion. You have to remember the readers of that site wouldn't think twice if he said to show up in force and blockade an area off from police.

I commented.

hoffmang
10-23-2011, 8:36 PM
Let's be clear. The comment is a comment by a random commentor, not one of the bloggers. Don't disparage Mike and David for one random blog comment.

I've at times in the past disagreed with David, but these two have done excellent work on Fast and Furious.

The funniest part about the comment is that I can't even figure out what "Glen" is unhappy about. Is he mad that we're not going for LOC? Is he mad that we don't pull enough marestroikas on LCAV? Since CGF almost never lobbies, it's pretty clear he just doesn't know what's going on. Odd. If I could figure out what he's complaining about I might respond.

-Gene

DannyInSoCal
10-23-2011, 8:40 PM
Who cares what some douche bag writes...

Kestryll
10-23-2011, 8:51 PM
Unflattering Comment About CalGuns in Sipsey Street Illregulars Blog
Meh, not going to make everyone happy, life goes on.

We must be doing something right, because they have heard of us, but I have never heard of them.
This.
/thread

mag360
10-24-2011, 2:15 PM
so did anyone show up to de Leon's ridiculous pony show today in LA?

Bhobbs
10-24-2011, 2:26 PM
so did anyone show up to de Leon's ridiculous pony show today in LA?

What was it?

ubet
10-24-2011, 2:36 PM
What was it?

Im gonna guess a cluster F**k

stix213
10-24-2011, 2:42 PM
So UOC is juvenile, and litigation is doomed to failure..... what is the writer suggesting? Armed uprising?

guns4life
10-24-2011, 2:49 PM
Idol worship I reserve for the golden statues of Jefferson and Reagan. And Moloch. And Cthulhu.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/attachments/elections/54144d1260297248-draft-dick-cheney-president-2012-cthulhu-dagon-2012.jpg

Librarian
10-24-2011, 4:17 PM
Idol worship I reserve for the golden statues of Jefferson and Reagan. And Moloch. And Cthulhu.

And Calvin ... http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_eGwX72zgUYg/SeLTcoiFrJI/AAAAAAAAADc/bGERvAuaRDE/s1600/bill4.gif

blazeaglory
10-24-2011, 4:29 PM
OMG!

I had a subscription to the LA Times specifically for C@H~

Wherryj
10-24-2011, 4:43 PM

http://i759.photobucket.com/albums/xx238/wherryj/InternetToughGuy_2.jpg

Wernher von Browning
10-24-2011, 5:11 PM
...and say that they have "concerns" about Appleseed.

You're kidding! Have a citation for that? I'd like to see their "concerns."

tankarian
10-24-2011, 5:58 PM
I found the below comment about CalGuns in the Sipsey Street Illregulars. It's from a reader, but shows the type of folks that idolize the blog author, Mike Vanderboegh. Vanderboegh still believes the OKC bombing was an inside job, if that tells you anything. Also, FWIW, his partner David Codrea is banned from CG for personal attacks made here against members and their 2A efforts in California.

. :rolleyes: Heh.

Let's be clear. The comment is a comment by a random commentor, not one of the bloggers. Don't disparage Mike and David for one random blog comment.

I've at times in the past disagreed with David, but these two have done excellent work on Fast and Furious.

--------------------

-Gene

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/4291/onefreebslap.jpg

C'est magnifique! :rofl2:

wazdat
10-24-2011, 5:59 PM
h68CfIUkPKs

Billy says it all... :)

CRPAGunner
10-25-2011, 4:00 AM
"...........Both organizations have been captured by a close-minded group of Silicon Valley tech geeks who have never been called upon to justify themselves, and the action-oriented individuals are so mad that they can't think straight........."

I can assure all of you that I am not a 'Silicon Valley Tech Geek'............Anything but!!

Heck, I can barely figure out how to log into my email.............Very entertaining assumptions.........

SanPedroShooter
10-25-2011, 5:19 AM
I consider myself a "Three Percenter" and a supporter of CGF.

**** SPLC and the ADL, my money goes to the JFPO... How's that for extreme?

scarville
10-25-2011, 5:40 AM
You're kidding! Have a citation for that? I'd like to see their "concerns."

FWIW: http://www.adl.org/special_reports/rage-grows-in-America/introduction.asp

Significantly, many of these activists have appropriated an idealized version of Revolutionary War history for their own purposes, stressing the armed resistance of the American colonists to British “tyranny” and suggesting, in varying degrees of openness, that Americans today should act as their revolutionary forebears did and throw off the perceived shackles of the allegedly tyrannical government. Some of these notions have even percolated beyond extremist groups and movements into the mainstream. One example is the Appleseed Project (also known as the Revolutionary War Veterans Association), a marksmanship program that combines firearms training with historical/political lectures on the battles of Lexington and Concord in the Revolutionary War. Trainees are taught not only marksmanship but the idea that they are equivalent to the Revolutionary War patriots and might have to fight for their liberty in the near future. “We believe that if we teach it,” the Appleseed organizers state, “it’ll wake our fellow Americans…We want Lady Liberty to be safe.” Not surprisingly, more radical anti-government groups such as militia groups tend to support the Appleseed Project, because they have more extreme forms of many of the same beliefs.

tankarian
10-25-2011, 7:19 AM
Are you sure you didn't left that comment @ SSI yourself, Doheny?
Considering how much you hate Vanderboegh and Codrea for investigating the involvement of your Living God Obama's employees in the Terry murder and cover-up, I wouldn't be surprised at all if you did.

Wherryj
10-25-2011, 7:43 AM
How many ar-15 type rifles in California are the people associated with cgn,Cgf, and crpa responsible for?

sent from my little happy maker

I can guarantee at least one. I found Cal Guns while searching the legalities of AR pattern rifles in CA. Mr. Weiss' FAQ is responsible for my decision to purchase one-and led me to join the forum.

Wherryj
10-25-2011, 7:48 AM

"Nobody boos a nobody"
-Reggie Jackson