PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered a new CMMG upper today...

shark92651
02-13-2007, 7:20 PM
I knew that second bare lower would not stay that way for long :rolleyes:

I just ordered the 14.5" lightweight upper with the permanent phantom hider and an Eotech 511. I intend to add one of those new Magpul UBR stocks on it when they are available (I am hearing end of March). This BRD is hurting the health of my bank account!

DH123456
02-13-2007, 8:31 PM
how much did you pay for each?

Biff...
02-13-2007, 8:33 PM
I knew that second bare lower would not stay that way for long :rolleyes:

I just ordered the 14.5" lightweight upper with the permanent phantom hider and an Eotech 511. I intend to add one of those new Magpul UBR stocks on it when they are available (I am hearing end of March). This BRD is hurting the health of my bank account!

I know how you feel, I haven't even gotten my first setup from being my ffl when I scored another lower. Ofcourse the lower has to get dressed up, already have a rra lpk, Ar 15 upper, and ACE butt stock. Looking forward to my two additions to arrive. :D

PanzerAce
02-13-2007, 8:37 PM
Yah, once the new MM grip comes out Im going to get myself a 20" upper from CMMG :o

scoobysnax
02-13-2007, 8:39 PM
What's the consensus on the quality and value of CMMG parts around here? I'm considering getting a 16" mid length upper from them since they seem to be the only company selling them with 1:7 twist barrels.

dondo
02-13-2007, 8:48 PM
Yah, once the new MM grip comes out Im going to get myself a 20" upper from CMMG :o
I am thinking the same thing. Seems like that CMMG 20" Gov't upper is sweet. I have a STAG 16" 2H upper and love it but for the 20" I think I want the chrome lined 1:7 twist govt barrel.

6172crew
02-13-2007, 8:55 PM
Id like to know who is making the upper receivers they use and is DPMS parts being used on anything they make.

Ive looked all over and cant seem to find out much about the CMMG stuff other than what teh website says.

The 18 inch SPR looks to be to good to be true..is it?

shark92651
02-13-2007, 9:40 PM
how much did you pay for each?

The CMMG upper was $838 - I got it with the PRI front flip sight, Midwest Industries rear flip site, and PRI Tac latch. The rest of the upper was pretty much their standard parts except I got it without forearm. I have a Midwest Industries 2 piece free float tube that I bought for my other upper but never installed that I intend to put on it.

I got the EOtech 511 from GG&G with their Accucam quick detach lever system. This mounts adds no height to the site because of the way it is fitted to the EOTech housing itself. $349 for the package.

anotherted
02-13-2007, 9:42 PM
My CMMG 20" MedCon Upper will be here on friday:D :D :D

Cpl_Peters
02-14-2007, 11:08 AM
CMMG has awesome quality, fit and finish, and function. I love mine. I have both my lower and Upper CMMG I have the MEDCON M10 mid lenth upper.

Shark...thats the exact set up my buddy has on his lower, right down the to eotech and everything minus the front flip ups though. I didnt think the "Light weight" model would really make a difference but it does!

mltrading
02-14-2007, 1:30 PM
Congratulations!!! The CMMG uppers are nice.

shark92651
02-14-2007, 1:58 PM
Yeah, I'm really looking forward to putting this one together. I have a feeling this is going to be my favorite gun to go plinking with. I'm also reworking the gas block and forearm on my heavy sniper configured rifle. I'll post pics when I get these projects complete.

Tzvia
02-14-2007, 6:18 PM
What's the consensus on the quality and value of CMMG parts around here? I'm considering getting a 16" mid length upper from them since they seem to be the only company selling them with 1:7 twist barrels.

I've got on on a Monster build. Awesome. Just had to remove the FS and mount a brake. Midlength is the way to go!

scoobysnax
02-14-2007, 8:09 PM
I've got on on a Monster build. Awesome. Just had to remove the FS and mount a brake. Midlength is the way to go!

Excellent. I'm convinced. Now to wait for that tax refund. :D

GeneralBacardi
02-14-2007, 10:07 PM
I have only bought small parts from CMMG, but their customer service is the best I've encountered.