PDA

View Full Version : Safe Question

dtjester
10-21-2011, 9:12 AM
Hey Turner's

Hopefully I can get an answer on this today because I am planning on buying this evening. I was looking at a Centurion by Liberty 12 gun safe at Sports Authority. They have a floor model they were going to sell me for 10% off advertised price ($399 in store).

Before I buy it, I figured I'd see if you guys have a comparable safe at the same price or better. I'd rather buy it from you guys it I can get it at a good price.

Here's the safe: http://www.sportsauthority.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3810939&cp=&sr=1&kw=centurion&origkw=centurion&parentPage=search

Turner's Outdoorsman
10-21-2011, 9:30 AM
Hey Turner's

Hopefully I can get an answer on this today because I am planning on buying this evening. I was looking at a Centurion by Liberty 12 gun safe at Sports Authority. They have a floor model they were going to sell me for 10% off advertised price ($399 in store).

Before I buy it, I figured I'd see if you guys have a comparable safe at the same price or better. I'd rather buy it from you guys it I can get it at a good price.

Here's the safe: http://www.sportsauthority.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3810939&cp=&sr=1&kw=centurion&origkw=centurion&parentPage=search

PM sent.

LBDamned
10-22-2011, 1:54 AM
since safes arent likely to be on a normal "Members Only Special" or "Off the Hook Special"... any chance for a group buy? Or something similar?...

Turner's Outdoorsman
10-24-2011, 8:50 AM
since safes arent likely to be on a normal "Members Only Special" or "Off the Hook Special"... any chance for a group buy? Or something similar?...

Definitely. Let's see what we can put together.

mrwilson99
11-03-2011, 9:30 PM
I am looking for a gun safe/jewelry combo safe. Not sure if anyone places jewelry in the same safe as guns. I have 2 pistols that I would like to just dump in there and be kept away from kids.

kalaca
11-04-2011, 6:17 AM
PM sent.

Would like pm too

Lu(ky
11-04-2011, 6:53 AM
I would as well please :)

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-04-2011, 9:59 AM
I am looking for a gun safe/jewelry combo safe. Not sure if anyone places jewelry in the same safe as guns. I have 2 pistols that I would like to just dump in there and be kept away from kids.

We have a decent selection of safes that would work- they're much like the hotel-sized safes you'll see when you travel. They'll hold a handgun or two plus some mags, jewelry, etc.

Drop by the closest Turner's and they can show you what we've got.

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-04-2011, 10:09 AM
Would like pm too

I would as well please :)

We'll have a lot of safe deals going on during the Christmas flyer- some prices are crazy like a 24 gun safe, regularly $1499.99 for $799.98!

In the meantime, you can always contact the closest Turner's and have them work with our buyer about any deals they might be able to pull of on discontinued safes.

mrwilson99
11-06-2011, 9:05 AM
I will check my turners in pasadena and see what I can find.

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-06-2011, 9:12 AM
I will check my turners in pasadena and see what I can find.

BTW we are trying to put together something similar to our discontinued gun list; something that we could post here first that would give CGN members first shot at our discontinued and/or floor model safes.

LBDamned
11-06-2011, 9:21 AM
BTW we are trying to put together something similar to our discontinued gun list; something that we could post here first that would give CGN members first shot at our discontinued and/or floor model safes.

Sweet!

BTW, what are you doing here on a Sunday :confused: Hard-core dedication right there!

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-06-2011, 9:41 AM
Sweet!

BTW, what are you doing here on a Sunday :confused: Hard-core dedication right there!

Well somebody has to keep an eye on you ....

LBDamned
11-06-2011, 9:45 AM
you scare me :laugh:

mrwilson99
11-07-2011, 7:44 PM
Thanks! Any big sales for black friday?!? Also, after shooting my 2 1911s and experiencing multiple FTEs...I am leaning towards revolvers. I have been checking the ads and so far nothing on Smith and Wesson 357. Any chance you guys have any floor or discontinued models for sale?

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-08-2011, 10:28 AM
Thanks! Any big sales for black friday?!? Also, after shooting my 2 1911s and experiencing multiple FTEs...I am leaning towards revolvers. I have been checking the ads and so far nothing on Smith and Wesson 357. Any chance you guys have any floor or discontinued models for sale?

Sales on Black Friday? Yes, our Christmas Flyer and in-store specials begin that day.

S&W in our flyer? Yes, 2 pages including M686 .357s- 2.5", 4" or 6"!

Our discontinued guns are here- Discontinued Guns (http://www.turners.com/images/discontgun11-04.pdf)- call ahead to ensure that a gun on this list is still available.

And our display gun sale is usually in January, after the Christmas flyer ends.

mrwilson99
11-08-2011, 7:01 PM
Thanks! One more question...are these guns on the discounted listed transferable to other stores closer to me?

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-09-2011, 8:17 AM
Thanks! One more question...are these guns on the discounted listed transferable to other stores closer to me?

Yes, that's no problem at all.

LBDamned
11-15-2011, 1:39 PM

Any word on the disc safe list?

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-15-2011, 3:15 PM
Any word on the disc safe list?

Well, just when we thought we had a good inventory list to put out, we had a lot of safes on that list sell and get delivered- the standing inventory on safes for us is a bit of a moving target.

We're going to do go through it a second time and see if we can get that up in time for Black Friday.

LBDamned
11-15-2011, 4:16 PM
Well, just when we thought we had a good inventory list to put out, we had a lot of safes on that list sell and get delivered- the standing inventory on safes for us is a bit of a moving target.

We're going to do go through it a second time and see if we can get that up in time for Black Friday.

thanks Bill... I was considering buying this: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/SentrySafe+-+FIRE-SAFE+Electronic+Gun+Safe+-+Black/3697415.p?id=1218428152283&skuId=3697415&st=safes&cp=1&lp=3

Then saw it cheaper here: http://www.walmart.com/ip/SentrySafe-14-Gun-Safe-With-Electronic-Lock/11064234?ci_sku=11064234&ci_src=14110944&sourceid=1500000000000003260410

But thought I should check with you before making purchase... will we get a sneak peak or first dibs on whatever you find for Black Friday?... I'll hold off if it's worth it.

Thanks

Thomas1190
11-15-2011, 7:08 PM
We'll have a lot of safe deals going on during the Christmas flyer- some prices are crazy like a 24 gun safe, regularly $1499.99 for $799.98!

I would definately be interested in this. By any chance could i get more info on it? When will the Christmas flyer come out?

Distro
11-15-2011, 7:29 PM
I would definately be interested in this. By any chance could i get more info on it? When will the Christmas flyer come out?

From the other thread it says they mailed them out starting yesterday (11/14). That is if you singed up through their website to receive flyers in the mail. They usually have an online version on their site that lets you scroll through the pages the way you can with the weekly ad. Not sure when that will be available, maybe Thursday when they change to the new ad?

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-16-2011, 2:24 PM

From the other thread it says they mailed them out starting yesterday (11/14). That is if you singed up through their website to receive flyers in the mail. They usually have an online version on their site that lets you scroll through the pages the way you can with the weekly ad. Not sure when that will be available, maybe Thursday when they change to the new ad?

The Christmas flyer, which begins on Black Friday is in the mail- lots of folks already got it. We'll be passing it out in stores tomorrow and it should be online shortly.

The in-store Black Friday specials will be available early next week.

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-16-2011, 2:31 PM
thanks Bill... I was considering buying this: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/SentrySafe+-+FIRE-SAFE+Electronic+Gun+Safe+-+Black/3697415.p?id=1218428152283&skuId=3697415&st=safes&cp=1&lp=3

Then saw it cheaper here: http://www.walmart.com/ip/SentrySafe-14-Gun-Safe-With-Electronic-Lock/11064234?ci_sku=11064234&ci_src=14110944&sourceid=1500000000000003260410

But thought I should check with you before making purchase... will we get a sneak peak or first dibs on whatever you find for Black Friday?... I'll hold off if it's worth it.

Thanks

Hmmm.... PM sent.

Ricky-Ray
11-16-2011, 3:01 PM
I'd be interested if there was a group buy on the safes. Depending of course on model, and price.

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-16-2011, 3:15 PM
I'd be interested if there was a group buy on the safes. Depending of course on model, and price.

PM sent, with a question for you.

LBDamned
11-16-2011, 6:22 PM
^^^ keep me posted on GB for safe - I'm interested too...

discoed
11-16-2011, 8:23 PM
Safe GB for sure. I really wanted to drive down to Kerny Mesa Re-Grand opening sale for that Browning AR26F Tactical MKII Gun Safe. That was an amazing deal just couldn't get down there. Something like that would be awesome. Keep us posted. Thanks.

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-17-2011, 4:08 PM

Thanks for the feedback on the phone today, you gave us some great ideas to look at.

^^^ keep me posted on GB for safe - I'm interested too...

Will do, we have some things we are taking a look at. There's a few different ways we can do this.

Safe GB for sure. I really wanted to drive down to Kerny Mesa Re-Grand opening sale for that Browning AR26F Tactical MKII Gun Safe. That was an amazing deal just couldn't get down there. Something like that would be awesome. Keep us posted. Thanks.

PM sent.

DVIII
11-17-2011, 8:08 PM
Looking for a US made safe. $700-$1000, got any deals?

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-18-2011, 12:27 PM

Yep; for example Amsec (American Security) TF6032- 24gun, firelined- normally, $1499.99, on sale in our holiday flyer next Friday for $859.98- $640 OFF!!!

We are also trying to get a Calguns-only special going for a similarly featured Browning safe for a similar price savings.

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-19-2011, 7:08 AM
You asked for it, here we go...

Disc. Browning Safe Closeout for CGN Members (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=7525999&postcount=1)

mrwilson99
11-19-2011, 8:27 AM
Great deal on that safe! Was wondering if you had anything smaller for the folks like me who have 3-5 guns only.

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-19-2011, 8:56 AM
While we do not deliver or install safes, we have two companies that we partner with who can.

Our newest partner is a Calguns.net Vendor/Retailer member Boswell Safe and Vault Co. aka TheSafeMover (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/member.php?u=92201) .

Curtis is providing delivery and installation services for our Kearny Mesa and San Marcos customers as well as customers in Chino Hills, Corona, and San Bernardino.

Prices will vary based on the size/weight of the safe you are buying and the type of delivery or install that you need- garage, in-house, upstairs, bolt down (guys it's the best $25 you'll ever spend- we hear about folks who've had their entire safe dragged out of the house almost monthly... :facepalm:) and may also vary if you're located beyond his normal delivery range.

You'll make payment arrangements directly with Boswell after you've paid for your safe. Here is their current price list and contact info.

http://www.turners.com/calguns/images/Boswell Safe And Vault Delivery Info.jpg

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-19-2011, 9:02 AM
Great deal on that safe! Was wondering if you had anything smaller for the folks like me who have 3-5 guns only.

Yes we do; we have two Amsec models in our Christmas flyer that are suited for less firearms and/or smaller spaces- the electronic model is reg.$599.99, on sale for $489.98; the combo model is reg. $499.99; on sale for $429.98. Both are fire-rated as well.

For more selections call or visit your nearest Turner's.

We will have more Calguns safe specials and we'll mix it up on size and pricing whenever we can.

.40Cal
11-20-2011, 12:57 AM

And would you do shipping like a lot of online vendors do... Also, can you tell me how to browse your site?

Pazilla
11-20-2011, 1:05 AM
Thank You for all the communication, cant tell you how great it is to have you give us all this info.

Looking forward to the Christmas flyer. I want to check out the Amsec models you mentioned.

.40Cal
11-20-2011, 1:16 AM

Thanks

12 Locking Bolts, 1/2 Hr FIRE Safe, MESA. For $500............Free shipping...........Can you ask for more. :D
http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/product.jsp?productId=prod2450024#desc

I would be interested in a GP too, if we can get a better deal than ^^^^ :cool2:

LBDamned
11-20-2011, 8:26 AM
12 Locking Bolts, 1/2 Hr FIRE Safe, MESA. For $500............Free shipping...........Can you ask for more. :D

I would be interested in a GP too, if we can get a better deal than ^^^^ :cool2:

it's slightly smaller than the Sentry (but not much)... however, it's much heavier and has bigger (and more) locking bolts... seems to be a good choice. I'm a Costco club member but not Sams Club. That's the deal killer for me.:o

I was hoping there would be a Turners GB, but I think the Browning safe they have for CG members is about as close as it's gonna get for now... but Bill did say: "We will have more Calguns safe specials and we'll mix it up on size and pricing whenever we can".

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-21-2011, 8:37 AM
And would you do shipping like a lot of online vendors do... Also, can you tell me how to browse your site?

We are not set up yet for true online sales; we have been working with a new software vendor to completely replace our inventory/point of sale system and with that change, we'll completely redo our website and so that you can not only see what we sell, but so that you can order it as well.

That said, you can PM us with zip code info and we'll return it to you with a quote including mdse, tax, and freight and see what you think.

Turner's Outdoorsman
11-21-2011, 8:53 AM
12 Locking Bolts, 1/2 Hr FIRE Safe, MESA. For $500............Free shipping............... :D

Since we have, let's say a few hundred less distribution centers than Wally World, we can't offer free freight to NorCal- sorry...

As for group buys, we are always buying big quantities for 14 stores and we always seem to get a lot of deals thrown our way because we can take on such large orders. So, yes, these deals are as good if not better than some of the group buys you may see elsewhere.

Instead, we'd like to keep offering CGN first shot at some of these deals before we put them to the rest of our customers.

However, we're talking to a few safe folks who may be able to 'spec' build a safe for CGN along the lines of what we've been seeing in these closeouts.

discoed
12-13-2011, 9:04 PM
Still looking for a safe. Any word on a sale sometime soon?

Turner's Outdoorsman
12-14-2011, 7:47 AM
Still looking for a safe. Any word on a sale sometime soon?

EVERY SAFE IS ON SALE NOW!

Check out our current ad (http://www.turners.com/engage/displayads_nonflash.php), every safe is on sale; the ad shows a sampling, but we have a larger selection of safes and cabinets in most stores (except for maybe Pasadena given its smaller footprint) and they're all on sale through Thursday.

larryis1
02-16-2012, 1:53 PM
Are the Glock cases provided with the G 19 considered adequate to meet California in the car locked container for in vehicle point to point transport? If not, what is the path of least resistance to meet the legal requirement that I can economically get in your store?

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-16-2012, 3:33 PM
Are the Glock cases provided with the G 19 considered adequate to meet California in the car locked container for in vehicle point to point transport? If not, what is the path of least resistance to meet the legal requirement that I can economically get in your store?

Without playing lawyer or spewing fud (that's the CGN term, right :D?) a lockable hard case would be one of the easiest ways to comply. We have lockable (provide your own padlock) cases for under $25 and we have locking (luggage style) cases from $25 and up. Arguably, a lot of the OEM hardcases that new guns ship in can also be locked and likely suffice.

For an attorney's view here's some more info on the subject-Calgunlaws FAQ's (http://www.calgunlaws.com/index.php/faq/65-transportation-of-firearms/268-what-is-a-locked-containerq-for-purposes-of-carrying-a-handgun-in-a-vehicle.html)