PDA

View Full Version : Iraqi insurgents using Steyr 50 cals

gn3hz3ku1*
02-13-2007, 6:54 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml;jsessionid=JPKY4R41A1KIBQFIQMGCFF4AVCBQ UIV0?xml=/news/2007/02/13/wiran13.xml

calgunners down range be careful!

Aluisious
02-13-2007, 7:02 AM
Yup...

azn_wrx
02-13-2007, 7:39 AM
theres a discussion in the general forum about this

FatKatMatt
02-13-2007, 9:36 AM
I heard something in the news about this this morning; bad news for Iran.

pksbshp
02-13-2007, 9:59 AM
Seems to me the media and the far left wants to give Ahmadinejad the benifit of doubt.

"Such accusations cannot be relied upon or be presented as evidence. The United States has a long history in fabricating evidence. Such charges are unacceptable," Foreign Ministry spokesman Mohammad Ali Hosseini said in Tehran.

Aluisious
02-13-2007, 10:03 AM
Seems to me the media and the far left wants to give Ahmadinejad the benifit of doubt.
Heaven forbid the media reports facts like a quotation from a party involved in the story :rolleyes:

You can go back to Faux News now.

Oswald2001
02-13-2007, 10:36 AM
I remember when this deal first came to light. Well before any weapons were shipped to Iran.

Of course the liberals and Euro-pukes advocated for the sale.

Many people said AT THAT TIME that these rifles would end up in Iraq. :mad:

The left wants America destroyed.

Aluisious
02-13-2007, 10:38 AM
I remember when this deal first came to light. Well before any weapons were shipped to Iran.

Of course the liberals and Euro-pukes advocated for the sale.

Many people said AT THAT TIME that these rifles would end up in Iraq. :mad:

Of course, you totally made that up. Find me one mainstream "liberal" who supported the sale.

Oswald2001
02-13-2007, 11:51 AM
"Of course, you totally made that up. Find me one mainstream "liberal" who supported the sale."

Of course, you totally made up that I made that up. First, find me one mainstream "liberal" who opposed the sale.

Liberals have gone down the rabbit hole and through the looking glass.

When caught, they spin and try to get you on the defensive.

"Classic liberal tactic, accuse others of doing what you are actually doing ..."

Aluisious
02-13-2007, 11:58 AM
I see that small issues like "facts" don't seem to bother you.

Similarly, small issues like your opinions won't bother me.

Q
02-13-2007, 12:11 PM
that sucks insurgents can buy a steyr 50 and i can't.:mad:

pksbshp
02-13-2007, 12:19 PM

Well they had to do something about the rampant drive-by .50 caliber shootings, killings, and bank robberies!

gose
02-13-2007, 12:25 PM

I doubt that they buy their .50s, my guess is that they get them for free, just like you would get a full-auto M16 if you head down to the local recruitment office and sign your name on the dotted line ;)

Gunsrruss
02-13-2007, 1:32 PM
I wish all news organizations were fare and ballanced like FOX news. My Liberal wife watches CNN, and then comes in and asks me what's going on. She sits for awhile and chats, but I know she is watching the news.

Aluisious
02-13-2007, 1:34 PM
I wish all news organizations were fare and ballanced like FOX news.
This sentence says it all.

Oswald2001
02-13-2007, 2:04 PM
"I see that small issues like "facts" don't seem to bother you.

Similarly, small issues like your opinions won't bother me."

Of course, nothing substantive.

As I said...

When caught, they spin and try to get you on the defensive.

"Classic liberal tactic, accuse others of doing what you are actually doing ..."

laabstract
02-13-2007, 9:58 PM
its just that the president has cried wolf befor now people are skeptical.

jumbopanda
02-13-2007, 10:03 PM
its just that the president has cried wolf befor now people are skeptical.

I don't see why though. It's very obvious that Ahmadwhatever is a nut case. Bush didn't fabricate those speeches that the Iranian president gave about destroying the U.S. and Israel, and it makes perfect sense that they would support the insurgents with weapons.

Caseless
02-14-2007, 11:46 AM
Do insurgents have our troops' level of training? I doubt they can hit anything accurately at really long distances.

Aluisious
02-14-2007, 11:48 AM
Do insurgents have our troops' level of training? I doubt they can hit anything accurately at really long distances.
Some can, and some can't. There's no reason there couldn't be some extremely good sniper insurgents.

Military training isn't amazing anyway, compared to the training someone with deep pockets can buy. Some of us at Calguns shoot better than most military personnel ever will for the same reason.

Hopi
02-14-2007, 12:03 PM
Some can, and some can't. There's no reason there couldn't be some extremely good sniper insurgents.

Military training isn't amazing anyway, compared to the training someone with deep pockets can buy. Some of us at Calguns shoot better than most military personnel ever will for the same reason.

Curiously, did you know that you are averaging 22 posts per day?

megavolt121
02-14-2007, 12:21 PM
Curiously, did you know that you are averaging 22 posts per day?

Aluisious does post a lot, but are you seriously keeping a tally?

Hopi
02-14-2007, 12:24 PM
Aluisious does post a lot, but are you seriously keeping a tally?

A tally? That's cute. I saw that he had posted A LOT and you can find the avg info on a person's user page.

brando
02-14-2007, 3:38 PM
If you do your friggin' research you'll learn that this sale was approved back in 2004 (before Ahmedinajadblsldhfalksdfkjh came to power) and was part of an Iranian border patrol package. The package also included equipment from the UK and France if I recall. When things changed, Austria nixed the deal and stopped the export.

This is a non-story and just another BS "rally the base" article.

laabstract
02-14-2007, 9:01 PM
I don't see why though. It's very obvious that Ahmadwhatever is a nut case. Bush didn't fabricate those speeches that the Iranian president gave about destroying the U.S. and Israel, and it makes perfect sense that they would support the insurgents with weapons.

im for the war. I personaly think that Iran should have been our main objective after 9/11 instead of Iraq. Only thing im worried about is if we do a ground invasion of Iran that there will be a draft.

otalps
02-14-2007, 9:16 PM
If you do your friggin' research you'll learn that this sale was approved back in 2004 (before Ahmedinajadblsldhfalksdfkjh came to power) and was part of an Iranian border patrol package. The package also included equipment from the UK and France if I recall. When things changed, Austria nixed the deal and stopped the export.

This is a non-story and just another BS "rally the base" article.

Why is it a non story? According to the article the rifles were delivered last year. When Ahmediwhatever was president. It's hardly the case they nixed the deal if the rifles are there. Not quite a BS rally the base article since it's from an English rag that is not exactly known as anything even remotely resembling right wing.